Anyone else feel like Tony vs. Khabib will look just like…

He did not beat them after he got settled. He beat them after they got tired.

And I did not say Tony did not have good stand up. I said he does not beat people with his stand-up. And he doesn't.

The kind of fitness Tony displays in fights can be as powerful or even more powerful a weapon than good stand-up or submissions. It's truly rare. It's the kind of fitness prime Diego Sanchez displayed. The kind of fitness prime Clay Guida diaplayed. The kind of fitness prime Cain Velasquez displayed. Very close to the kind of fitness Might Mouse displays. He has that kind of fitness. He is more skilled and creative than Diego and Guida were. He is less skilled than Cain and MM. That's where I put him. Legendary champion level cardio, with very solid but not champion level technical skill. That combination is certainly enough to be a champion. We will see if its enough to be a dominant one.

Most fighters, even the really in shape ones, have a productivity output something like 100% in round 1, 85% round 2, 70% round 3, 60% round 4, 50% round 5. The fights generally still seem competitive in the 5th round because the other fighter is in the same boat.

People like Tony go something like 100%, 95%, 90%, 85%, 80%. With each passing round the fitness disparity increases.

Now Khabib is fit, but we have never seen him outside of 3 rounds, and we have never seen him in a situation where he is going to have to work as hard as Tony will make him work. Those are the questions he will have to answer.

It's interesting you mentioning Tony regularly losing first rounds. Now it may partially be that he is a slow starter. But it is also because his actual skills are not superior to his opponents. They are roughly the same. But in Round 2, 95% Tony is fighting a 75-85% opponent. And in round 3, a 90% Tony is fighting a 60- 70% opponent.

No matter how much effort you put into this, it's still just fabricated numbers coming out of your ass.

I think Tony has great cardio so he'll keep it entertaining, but Slam City is a guarantee imo

it will be Khabib's easiest fight to date

^^ not in agreement here, but there is a possibility this fight looks similar to Barboza and Johnson. I'll be damn impressed if it does, but I'm expecting/hoping for a war, from which Khabib emerges victorious.

think because Khabib mauled Tony that he will maul McG, but their games are absolutely nothing alike and McGregor is the near ideal style to atleast give Khabib problems early on. I would certainly favor Khabib vs McGregor, but stylistically, I think McGregor is his hardest match up @ 155

^^ Total agreement here.

And if he gets through both Ferguson and McGregor, who's going to stop him?? I wouldn't be surprised if he wins those fights and then walks away.

Yes. Staph Infected Kevin Lee was imposing his will on Tony before he gassed. He even had a full mount. Can you imagine what The Eagle would do if he had a full mount? Tony's corner would immediately throw in the towel.

Khabib will manhandle Tony and it won't be close.

Barring a flying knee, elbow, or some other flash KO, Tony has NOTHING for Khabib.

Tony has an impressive win-streak, but it is like a house of cards. Arlovski too had an impressive win streak recently.
I agree.. Kabib is going to GnP the hell out of so Cuycuy

Khabib was able to hang with Barboza in the standup, and Tony's standup game is like a 5 year old compared to Barboza.
Didn’t Tony turn Barboza into a panicked wrestler? Edson has much better kicks than Tony, that’s it.

I dunno, Tony has a good guard. Much better than most. He could stifle Khabib on the ground and try to wear him down.

Fergy may win. But it won't be because of his stand up. The real litmus test will be how hard Khabib has to work to keep Tony down. If Khabib has to work his ass off just to keep Tony from scrambling to his feet, then Khabib could tire out.

I think Khabibs will be able to cope though
I see what you mean but I believe Fergy can beat Khabib anywhere.

So you're telling me,

People that think Khabib will win,

Think it will be similar to his previous victories?

tumblr_inline_mn9qaghaMH1rnvwt1.gif

Back