Anyone else have all their old friends become SJW?

What “remnants” are you referring to?

Care to elaborate?

For one I see is the criminal justice system which has had a very "rocky" relationship with the African American community though out our countries history. It's no secret that blacks were among the poorest and most marginalized in our society and thus committed the most crime proportionally. The negative feedback loops that formed between the police forces and black communities have created a toxic level of distrust between the two that may never be repaired. There are no specific laws anymore to target black people but that toxic level of distrust still remains.

For one I see is the criminal justice system which has had a very "rocky" relationship with the African American community though out our countries history. It's no secret that blacks were among the poorest and most marginalized in our society and thus committed the most crime proportionally. The negative feedback loops that formed between the police forces and black communities have created a toxic level of distrust between the two that may never be repaired. There are no specific laws anymore to target black people but that toxic level of distrust still remains.

Can't argue with that, however I'm not sure this is a case where a definitive finger can be pointed, so to speak. Police have undoubtedly engaged in racist behavior for decades now, and while it is rather slimy behavior, I can understand why its still prevalent given the number of violent crimes that are disproportionately committed by black males. Its a double edged sword, and neither side seems capable of admitting fault.

Can't argue with that, however I'm not sure this is a case where a definitive finger can be pointed, so to speak. Police have undoubtedly engaged in racist behavior for decades now, and while it is rather slimy behavior, I can understand why its still prevalent given the number of violent crimes that are disproportionately committed by black males. Its a double edged sword, and neither side seems capable of admitting fault.

This is an almost impossible situation to fix and like I said it's a negative feedback loop now where each action by each group increases the level of distrust between the two. I have no idea on a solution to such a complex problem.

White dudes I know seem cool but if you sit in a room with them long enough they'll start talking about Hitler and how even though he was an evil man he got things done and that deserves respect.

Black guys I know just want to have fun without being pulled over. Fun might include activities that are against the law so there appears to be some mental disconnect going on here.

Women I know are all admin assistants yet feel their voice and contribution are worth more than that of a single Engineer. They're essentially dumb cunts(I do know some health professionals who are women but they are just simple alcoholics who want sex).

So I don't know if anything has changed since 1987.

Anyone I detect as a SJW goes straight into the retard pile of non entities among the likes of Scientologists and other whack jobs.

They didn't have a strong sense of purpose in their lives from religion or family so they filled in the blank with the religion of social justice. Now they get to believe that they are making the world a better place by defending the "oppressed" and punishing sinners ("oppressors" like white males, Christians, etc). It's very intoxicating to be on a mission and to "know" you are right.
This post nails the whole situation since 2008.

Sorry, didn't see this.

For both sub-Saharan black folks and indigenous Americans (Native Americans here and Mestizo Latin Americans down south), there are a myriad of historical, anthropological (being largely and uniquely divorced from early global development), sociological, ecological, and political reasons, some of which we know and others of which we possibly don't, but I would rather not get into them. You can take that as a duck or as a concession of ignorance, and you're well within your right to do so.
That book that voodoo posted on this question seemed really interesting. Guns, germs and steel.

I haven't been on facebook in years and I made the mistake of going on there for the first time in forever and it made me realize why I don't keep in touch with most of my older friends. All of them are left wing nutjobs. Every single post is complaining about how racist trump is, how terrible America is, how the rape culture and gun culture is out of control. These were all kids that did really well in my school and I know they have brains. That makes it even more confusing. How do smart kids end up like this?

Its "group think" ! They think they are cutting edge and being moral when they are conformists and being used/played.

I really don't care if you or people like you think I'm insane, although I don't think even the dumbest right-winger here is sufficiently detached from reality to say that. You may be the most hateful of the group, but you're sadly not near the dumbest, so I seriously doubt you do either.

You're a racist.

And you can whine and cry all you want about being called that and how the SJW's supposedly use the term punitively, strategically, or arbitrarily. You can talk about how you're just against multiculturalism, progress, and "hood life" until the cows come home. I don't care. Furthermore, I additionally do not care whether you're just too stupid or invested in your objectivist delusion that you really don't think your'e a racist or, alternatively, you do know and just deny it for posture. But you're a racist and, despicably, a rare coherent one. All you contribute to discussions here are racist platitudes, racist suggestions, and bald ad hominems and silly nicknames. So, no, I have no desire to discuss this topic with the likes of you.

As far as the status of black Canadians, there are certainly several related and adjacent explanations related to those that explain the difficulties faced by black US citizens, but I cannot say how much overlap there is, nor can I say what additional factors are at play for black folks in Canada. I'm not Canadian, so I'm not qualified to answer that.
You're getting beaten down pretty bad at this when all you've got is; "You're s racist!" and "I don't know."

Absolutely ...a lot of my friends have gone full SJW and SLWL .
(And a lot of my friends have gone full Obama is the antichrist far right wing as well)
Not just old college buddies but former work colleagues and mentors and such...

I will cut and paste some diatribes from my newsfeed later on .

As I've mentioned before, this recent election brought out the worst in many...

I remember during a work lunch, several of my colleagues were appalled when I said I didn't vote for hillary. (Keep in mind, I didn't say I voted for Trump either ).

All my old friends are the exact opposite. They have all become right wing Trumpers. None have college degrees, all still live in the same shit neighborhood and very few have made anything out of themselves. Seems to be a trend

Absolutely ...a lot of my friends have gone full SJW and SLWL .
(And a lot of my friends have gone full Obama is the antichrist far right wing as well)
Not just old college buddies but former work colleagues and mentors and such...

I will cut and paste some diatribes from my newsfeed later on .

As I've mentioned before, this recent election brought out the worst in many...

I remember during a work lunch, several of my colleagues were appalled when I said I didn't vote for hillary. (Keep in mind, I didn't say I voted for Trump either ).

We're in the same boat. I remember making comments about Hillary and Trump during the election, and there was no middle ground for those on the far left/right. If I bashed Hillary, I was sexist/Nazi sympathizer/*insert any other ridiculous insults*

Bashing Trump and I was immediately flagged as a SJW/cuck.

I'm not one of those people that tries to claim both sides are equally bad, but in the context of social media....I have basically given up trying to have any meaningful discussion with anyone in a public space. Sherdog is actually more civil than Facebook...

a few, although I have many more than fell into BLM type protest stuff on FB than actual SJW type things

but i'm also a Veteran, not a lot of SJWs come from that group

We're in the same boat. I remember making comments about Hillary and Trump during the election, and there was no middle ground for those on the far left/right. If I bashed Hillary, I was sexist/Nazi sympathizer/*insert any other ridiculous insults*

Bashing Trump and I was immediately flagged as a SJW/cuck.

I'm not one of those people that tries to claim both sides are equally bad, but in the context of social media....I have basically given up trying to have any meaningful discussion with anyone in a public space. Sherdog is actually more civil than Facebook...

You have no accurate how this statement is.

It's hilarious because a lot of my FB friends who lost their $hit due to the election used to be so chill, laid back...non chalant...

Quick funny story,

a former co worker and FB friend posted how 8 Mile was the best movie of all time and dared anyone to challenge her.

I took this as a joke...and I offered my top 10 list.

She responds by saying, "LI, I strongly encourage you to watch more films with POCs and women in them, and films with black characters who aren't tokens."

I was like, WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Keep in mind, Shawshank and Boyz N Da HOod were on my list.

Back