Anyone else have an out of control teenage daughter?

Well... I'm here talking to sherbros lol
Fair enough. It’s a tough situation. Boarding schools specifically for rebellious kids can be helpful, but I’ve seen several cases where the changes didn’t “stick.” It was better for a while, but got off track again soon.
The cutting is worrisome. Almost no one does that just for attention. Is she still in counseling? She should be. If money is an issue, let me know. There are organizations who help with that.

If you have no children with the mother LEAVE NOW! Trust me as she gets worse it will ruin your marriage. It will go from you being mean to the two of them ganging up on you whenever you say something.
This.

My uncle has had a marriage fail because of shitty step kids. They would act like shits and he would put his foot down and make some changes, but then their mom wrote come in and undo whatever changes he made. So the kids would get away with being shitty some more.

These kids were like 18 ish when they got married so I think he thought he could tough it out until they moved out. But they never moved out. He finally divorced her when they were like 25 and still living there.

I love how you jump to conclusions... you obviously don't me lol

Eh, you jumped bud. I said "if so". If you get triggered that easily, and can't comprehend a simple statement, then now I'll jump to a "conclusion" and state it's your fault your kid is a hand full.

You may need to be more specific.

What you see as out of control can just be regular girl shit that she'll grow out of.

Eh, you jumped bud. I said "if so". If you get triggered that easily, and can't comprehend a simple statement, then now I'll jump to a "conclusion" and state it's your fault your kid is a hand full.
Like I said previously, you obviously know nothing about me. Not even sure how you think I was triggered? Which just using that word tells me you're a little punk millennial yourself lol

fucked up advice
but sometimes self hurting is an addiction and you need to hit a bottom before you realize you need to change. Up until you hit that bottom or perceived bottom there isn't much anybody else can do to stop you, i mean fuck prisoners are ODing every day. I came from decent stock but i had a "watch the world burn" attitude i didn't learn to regret it until i fucked up...
Now i am married with a good job and living a life i love. But fuck what a dumbass little shit i used to be and other little degenerate fucks i used to kick it with

ts,ive stayed out of this because you'll get the typical sherdog bullshit of its your fault cause you're shit. this may come as a shock, but another reason for the girls behaviour could be a trauma based, has there ever been an sexual abuse to the girl? im not pointing fingers, but this is something to consider.

i also wouldn't rule out, bullying, and mental abuse. intermittent reinforcement is the most powerful kind, you trying to set boundaries and your wife breaking them has to stop. shes splitting the pair of you and creating conflict which she can sit back and watch. sorry if this sounds simple.

ts,ive stayed out of this because you'll get the typical sherdog bullshit of its your fault cause you're shit. this may come as a shock, but another reason for the girls behaviour could be a trauma based, has there ever been an sexual abuse to the girl? im not pointing fingers, but this is something to consider.
Not as far as I know, but she's been different after spending 6 months at her real dads.... she said lots of shit about him, but never anything like that. That's when hurting herself started and we petitioned the court to take her back...

Not as far as I know, but she's been different after spending 6 months at her real dads.... she said lots of shit about him, but never anything like that. That's when hurting herself started and we petitioned the court to take her back...
what stuff was she saying?

I work with students. I’ve seen some really good parents with really messed up kids. Just saying, “Be a better dad” isn’t always helpful. Sure, that COULD be part of the issue, but to just assume it’s the parent’s fault is ridiculous. You need more context.
Speaking specifically about the messed up kids you come across, how do you know their parents are good parents?

You need more context.
You mean like the context the genius TS failed to provide in the OP?

<TheWire1>

Last edited:
Just give up on her and spend more time with your son.

All he did after work was drink beer and smoke weed. He'd yell for closing cupboard doors to hard... etc
emotional neglect maybe. it could be the rejection from the dad thats caused this to start if hes no longer in contact. but an assessment and formulation are the only way to start unpicking this, and you probably don't need me to say get it started as soon as.

Says the guy looking for life advice on sherdog
No, was just trying to see if anyone here was in a similar situation. People with kids and real life experience, not some douche with a half a brain and bad attitude. GTFO with your double yellow nonsense

That bridge looks like it's about to come down and time.
the bridge and the locks too. America spends almost no money on upkeep and repairs. We fail to realize the importance of these things especially the locks, without them working properly the economy will slow way down within a month... Off topic but let your daughter know that ts...

Back