Anyone else interested in a Business/Science/Tech section?

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
I notice we don't have a box for those contemporary topics yet, and there are plenty of fun discussions to be had, without Leftwingers/Rightwingers ruining it for everyone with their stale rehashes.

@Lead @Madmick @panamaican @Limbo Pete

Sounds good.

Hope the mods make it happen.

I'd much prefer the Shady Business/Pseudo-Science/Alien Tech section. Would likely be more fun.

I can take care of the Business side, and it would be a good playground for @JDragon 's threads on science as well as @GhostZ06 's threads on military tech :)

What's stopping it from being posted in Mayberry?

I wouldn't mind a designated section to advertise my willingness to UFC specific targets.

Science and Business section would be sweet

What's stopping it from being posted in Mayberry?

Same reason that discourages such productive grown-up discussions in WR: fuck tons of adolescent garbage.

Same reason that discourages such productive grown-up discussions in WR: fuck tons of adolescent garbage.

We're posting in the off topic sections of a karate forum, you're GOING to get adolescent garbage.

Unless you want mods that are going to ban at the slightest sign of joking (like Mayberry used to be), you're just not going to get that quality of discussion. Aside from that, these are niche topics to begin with. You can't expect everyone to have a professional level of knowledge to participate or it's going to die extremely fast.

I get what you're going after, but i'm not sure you actually want what you think you want. Separating niches into niches isn't generally a good way to get high traffic.

I notice we don't have a box for those contemporary topics yet, and there are plenty of fun discussions to be had, without Leftwingers/Rightwingers ruining it for everyone with their stale rehashes.

@Lead @Madmick @panamaican @Limbo Pete

ha i was just thinking there should be this, but just science/tech (STEM), not business.

but now that i think about it they are so intertwined that discussions of former often automatically overlap with the other

one of the things I would like to see discussed by sherdoggers (and many who don't frequent war room) is stuff about (e.g.) the F-35 program, defense contracts, nano-drones, rocket stuff, seismology, geophysics, structural engineering . . . etc etc.

I would love to see this as a special room apart from the War Room

here is an example post I was thinking of making recently "Overcoming the Tyranny of the Rocket Equation"

ha i was just thinking there should be this, but just science/tech (STEM), not business.

but now that i think about it they are so intertwined that discussions of former often automatically overlap with the other

one of the things I would like to see discussed by sherdoggers (and many who don't frequent war room) is stuff about (e.g.) the F-35 program, defense contracts, nano-drones, rocket stuff, seismology, geophysics, structural engineering . . . etc etc.

I would love to see this as a special room apart from the War Room

here is an example post I was thinking of making recently "Overcoming the Tyranny of the Rocket Equation"

I love those topics, but like clockworks, the Hillary/Trump/Dems/GOP shills in the WR would derail those threads before they can even reach Page 2.

There are enough sections.

I mean it would be cool if the subforums were getting more traffic. I mean the OT, and sports bar are dead forums half the time. In the subforums it seems the mayberry, music forum, and WR are the only ones who get regular traffic.

Yah.
I started a thread to appreciate the anniversary of the Moon landing and it immediately filled up with nonscience and antiscience stupidity.

Might as well start up a UFO/paranormal forum.

Back