Anyone else Kinda feel like Aldo should have come back to FW?

Cruz or bust. That's it. We've deserved this fight for at least five years now. They're both legends and the last guys from WEC outside of Cub, and someone else I'm more than likely forgetting, lol.
I was thinking that or Garbrandt if he loses to Figgy who I believe can make a run at the title at 135.

Like many posters here on sherdog, I was pretty excited to find out over the weekend the king of rio was returning to combat in the UFC at UFC 301.

A few posts I've seen don't love the match up against Jonathan Martinez, With some users sensing a tough match up. Personally, If we're not pursuing championships, I THINK (I'm looking for reasons to recount.) I'd like to see aldo at FW.

I like matchups with katter/aljo winner in the future, or giga, or edson barboza. I just think there are more interesting matchups at FW. And now neither max or Volk are FW champions so if titles ARE on the table maybe Aldo can make it to Illa. (probably not, but it'd be cool to see)

What do you guys think? FW or BW for aldo?
I'm ignorant to his reasons for the return but his prime years are definitely behind him and he shouldn't have come back at all. The competition is only getting stronger

I’m not in to it at all
And I was a huge Jose fan during his run and come up
Stay hetired Hose
Let’s get some new Burgers instead

Aldo looked better against Merab than almost everyone else did his last fight. I don't think he's as washed as people are acting like. He's pretty undersized for today's FW and as a vet can use any advantage he can get. Am I the only who thinks Cejudo/Aldo would be fun?

Glad I'm not the only one who's not happy to see him fighting again.

He should go between 145 and 135

Fights with Aljo, Barbosa and giga would be sick.

I'd like to see him fight Cory, Sean, Song, Cruz and Neck tat too

Aldo looked better against Merab than almost everyone else did his last fight. I don't think he's as washed as people are acting like. He's pretty undersized for today's FW and as a vet can use any advantage he can get. Am I the only who thinks Cejudo/Aldo would be fun?

Yup, Merabs toughest fight to date. Aldo beats Aljo imo

I'd take Aldo over cejudo all day

Yup, Merabs toughest fight to date. Aldo beats Aljo imo
Yeah, What the fuck is Aljo gonna do? Lmao

Jose stuffs the take down and beats him up on the feet.

Barboza is only recently a fw fighter he’d have been in LW back then
Right but fighters like Frankie, Florian, BJ, Maynard, Diego Sanchez, etc. moved from LW to FW. And there was always talk of Aldo moving up to LW (for example, to fight Pettis when both had belts).

Right but fighters like Frankie, Florian, BJ, Maynard, Diego Sanchez, etc. moved from LW to FW. And there was always talk of Aldo moving up to LW (for example, to fight Pettis when both had belts).
True, but even pettis moved down to FW and was always on the smaller side. I doubt aldo would want to fight benson, who is much bigger than pettis. Never said a thing about LW when benson was champ now that i think about it. This would have been pettis first defense.

I'm not in love with Martinez matchup but if he's going to fight an up and comer I'm glad it's martinez who's going to engage in a fist fight and not try and wall n stall him.

Preferably he would have come back to fight TJ, Cejudo, Grabrandt or Figgy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back