Anyone else laugh at Gennady Golovkins neck workout? was he trolling?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I started laughing when he was doing his neck routine for the media, it seems he was trolling Ive seen Tyson and Evander doing neck bridges for their neck, but Golovkin made me laugh hard when he was doing some weird workout with his chin on a towel and it looks like his hips were doing most of the work rather than his neck it was like a SEXercise rather than an exercise
Here it is timestamped

I think Tim Bradleys neck training is much better and safer, thant he stuff GGG is doing

Like when Teddy puts slight resistance on it that works much better

yes, and he's certainly the only troll on here for sure.

Last edited:
I started laughing when he was doing his neck routine for the media, it seems he was trolling Ive seen Tyson and Evander doing neck bridges for their neck, but Golovkin made me laugh hard when he was doing some weird workout with his chin on a towel and it looks like his hips were doing most of the work rather than his neck it was like a SEXercise rather than an exercise
Here it is timestamped

I think Tim Bradleys neck training is much better and safer, thant he stuff GGG is doing

Goddamn gennady is a monster. Also no, these excersizes arent exactly hidden gems... dont you see everyone else around him in camp doing the same? Also, its not exactly the hip, but the calfs are bouncing him up, but the chin is balncing on the flood from the bottom, so the neck muscle is holding him up from the other side while it's seesawing with the calfs on the other side.

The most intense neck work out i've seen would have to be AJs, but that's the hulk.

then

then

Goddamn gennady is a monster. Also no, these excersizes arent exactly hidden gems... dont you see everyone else around him in camp doing the same? Also, its not exactly the hip, but the calfs are bouncing him up, but the chin is balncing on the flood from the bottom, so the neck muscle is holding him up from the other side while it's seesawing with the calfs on the other side.

The most intense neck work out i've seen would have to be AJs, but that's the hulk.

then

then

wtf that looks dangerous, he isn't doing the neck roll or neck bridge properly Tyson did it the right way, I still favor Tim Bradleys neck routine safe and can really build the neck up resistance is all you need those weight plate ones are dangerous one slip up you are screwed

yes, and he's certainly the only troll on here for sure.

We've gotten a lot of crappy phoned-in personalities lately.

Personally I blame @MC Paul Barman. Normally this kind of shit gets dealt with at the door, but he's been chatting up dime piece in the corner for at least an hour. I'm not even sure he noticed the ring on her finger (or if he even cares). Either way, there's a lot of faces that need jabbing right now.

We've gotten a lot of crappy phoned-in personalities lately.

Personally I blame @MC Paul Barman. Normally this kind of shit gets dealt with at the door, but he's been chatting up dime piece in the corner for at least an hour. I'm not even sure he noticed the ring on her finger (or if he even cares). Either way, there's a lot of faces that need jabbing right now.
agreed, it's all getting very family guy-cutaway style

that man needs more peppering and less spice, if you get what I mean.

ya, those look painful, i never could really do those. I think wrestlers do them more often than boxers, Liston can be seen doing some impressive ones. Ironically, yesterday i was reading up on one of the old pros I used to know who runs a gym, i guess someone in his gym got his neck broken, I just thought how that had to happen a lot more often than I hear about it with the carelessness those guys do things. It's amazing more gyms don't get sued, they don't do anything to keep people in check and i'm sure lots of serious injuries happen. I remember my old mentor telling me he couldn't allow sparring because he was almost sued by one of his students who got scratched by an eye jab, it didn't sound major and it sounded like the guy was just using it as an excuse to get money. My mentor, didn't charge his students, I thought at the time it was because he was altruistic but he loved the attention. The school was then and is now still poorly run and full of knuckleheads if what i hear is true.

ya, those look painful, i never could really do those. I think wrestlers do them more often than boxers, Liston can be seen doing some impressive ones. Ironically, yesterday i was reading up on one of the old pros I used to know who runs a gym, i guess someone in his gym got his neck broken, I just thought how that had to happen a lot more often than I hear about it with the carelessness those guys do things. It's amazing more gyms don't get sued, they don't do anything to keep people in check and i'm sure lots of serious injuries happen. I remember my old mentor telling me he couldn't allow sparring because he was almost sued by one of his students who got scratched by an eye jab, it didn't sound major and it sounded like the guy was just using it as an excuse to get money. My mentor, didn't charge his students, I thought at the time it was because he was altruistic but he loved the attention. The school was then and is now still poorly run and full of knuckleheads if what i hear is true.
yeah you have to be careful now a lot of people are sue happy

Man I seen Canelo balancing on his head it looked stupid, like an injury waiting to happen.

Thats why Im wondering if these guys just do it for show for the cameras

Here it is timestamped

LOL, you're right, it'll leave a divot on your girlfriend's forehead if you try it at home though. :D

I think Ross Enamait has some good neck training stuff in never gymless, I’ll have to take a look again. I’ve got a bunch of books on isometrics and they all have neck training segments. The exercises are simple and resemble what Timothy Bradley is doing.

Man I seen Canelo balancing on his head it looked stupid, like an injury waiting to happen.

i think sonny has done some of the head stuff too, but it's not super common for boxers, i've only seen tyson and liston do that, i'm sure many others have but I haven't seen it in film very often.

no, i'm sure they can really do it, those aren't easy to do so they look like they've been doing them for awhile. as far as the suing, ya, people are sue happy, i guess because of greed but also for revenge. this same mentor was sued a couple times that i'm aware of, usually for things that could have been prevented if he'd been on top of his business. Asians have a different way of handling things than americans do, the whole confucian way of letting things resolve themselves doesn't work very well in western countries. He got sued by one of his former students who used to work for him, got into a fight, lost, was told not to retaliate, he did, got fired and sued for wrongful termination and won. this idiot mentor of mine still let the guy come to class because "I didn't want to hold a grudge" , he also got sued over another employee macing a female customer, i was around for that one and told him that he'd get sued if he didn't deal with said employee. The legal system really is pretty much a joke and does it's best to keep citizens suspicious and hateful of each other.

What's the big deal? Low impact, callisthenic work out. Won't wear out his body and joints over time.

Plus it makes him a sick power bottom. We all knows whose in charge.

What's the big deal? Low impact, callisthenic work out. Won't wear out his body and joints over time.

Plus it makes him a sick power bottom. We all knows whose in charge.
that's just wierd, ok bottomboy?

damn- the number of "neck crunches" GGG did at the end with the weighted headwrap was insane! Doesn't take long for your neck to just catch fire and he just reeled them off.

I don't like the way AJ kinda tosses his head back kinda fast towards the end of the motion- seems like a good way to injure yourself.

Well Golovkin isn't regularly pulling out of fights (has he ever?) and can take a punch so he must be onto something.

Back