Anyone else make the mistake of seeing Downsizing?

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit what a boring movie. It was a cool concept and after the first 30 minutes of the movie I'm like "okay, I'm interested, I'm in, now where are we going?" Then the plot just meanders around in the most boring way possible. There were only a few other groups in the theatre and I hate people who talk in the movies, but at one point I had to say "WHAT THE FUCK" out loud, to which a guy 3 rows up from me replied "I know."

I don't know what I ever did to Matt Damon and the makers of this film to deserve that. I hope they lose a ton of money on this film.

Anyone else get suckered into watching this drek?

Holy shit what a boring movie. It was a cool concept and after the first 30 minutes of the movie I'm like "okay, I'm interested, I'm in, now where are we going?" Then the plot just meanders around in the most boring way possible. There were only a few other groups in the theatre and I hate people who talk in the movies, but at one point I had to say "WHAT THE FUCK" out loud, to which a guy 3 rows up from me replied "I know."

I don't know what I ever did to Matt Damon and the makers of this film to deserve that. I hope they lose a ton of money on this film.

Anyone else get suckered into watching this drek?
Unfortunately watched this one last night. I saw the trailer and thought it was a cool concept as well.
One of the worst movies ive seen in while.
I also found myself having to give an audible "what the fuck"

From the trailers, i thought it would be a mixture of comedy/drama/thought provoking shit. It was none of it.
It wasn't funny. The story was incoherent and all over the place. Damon's character is a pathetic, dim witted, dullard throughout the entire movie. And jesus i wanted to put a pillow over the Vietnamese chick's face.
God awful movie.

Great Idea ... Shit Movie

Unfortunately watched this one last night. I saw the trailer and thought it was a cool concept as well.
One of the worst movies ive seen in while.
I also found myself having to give an audible "what the fuck"

From the trailers, i thought it would be a mixture of comedy/drama/thought provoking shit. It was none of it.
It wasn't funny. The story was incoherent and all over the place. Damon's character is a pathetic, dim witted, dullard throughout the entire movie. And jesus i wanted to put a pillow over the Vietnamese chick's face.
God awful movie.
Great Idea ... Shit Movie

Exactly. I thought the concept was great, but they totally fucked it up. The concept was almost irrelevant to the fucking movie, they could have just had a regular sized dome where people could live in. Being small had almost nothing to do with where the story went.

Was interested in seeing but read a lot of bad reviews on it. Will wait for redbox.

Exactly. I thought the concept was great, but they totally fucked it up. The concept was almost irrelevant to the fucking movie, they could have just had a regular sized dome where people could live in. Being small had almost nothing to do with where the story went.
Yeah, the concept became completely irrelevant, being small had no effect on the movie, and they didn't really explore it that much. There was a ton of potential to do some fun and interesting stuff there, and they did nothing
Going into the movie, i thought it was going to be a light, comedy, so i wasn't looking to take apart the science of it, but when the movie took itself so serious, then i had to start thinking about how dumb it was.

This movie also hurt my movie credibility with the girl Im dating because it was my idea to watch the movie.
So far, she's picked out all enjoyable movies, and Damon gave me this steaming turd

Damn. I am almost afraid to admit it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it

That's a shame, it looked interesting. But so did Damon's last movie and apparently it was awful too.

I would never mistakenly watch that movie because I would never want to watch that movie. It looks boring and dumb.

I saw the trailer and thought it was certainly going to be a complete waste of time.

I could not imagine a compelling story based on this premise, and the trailer made it clear they hadn't either.

Do they explain how they deal with the ants?

I saw the trailer and first thing I thought was ants are going to fuck their shit up. Could you imagine being the size of an ant? Everything would fuck you up. Most of all ants.

Going into the movie, i thought it was going to be a light, comedy, so i wasn't looking to take apart the science of it, but when the movie took itself so serious, then i had to start thinking about how dumb it was.

YES!

When I saw the trailer, what I took from it was Damon is typical boring, unfulfilled guy, decides to get Downsized, his wife unexpectedly dumps him, he's depressed, then his fun-loving friend teaches him to lighten up, he meets the real girl of his dreams, etc.

I went into the movie thinking "I hope there's a bit more to it than that", but after seeing the actual movie I would have LOVED a cheesy, cliche light comedy.

YES!

When I saw the trailer, what I took from it was Damon is typical boring, unfulfilled guy, decides to get Downsized, his wife unexpectedly dumps him, he's depressed, then his fun-loving friend teaches him to lighten up, he meets the real girl of his dreams, etc.

I went into the movie thinking "I hope there's a bit more to it than that", but after seeing the actual movie I would have LOVED a cheesy, cliche light comedy.

Your synopsis of the trailer is accurate. That is how they portrayed it. They don't do that as much as they used to, pull the bait and switch with trailers. Always sucked.

Back