Anyone else NOT care about sports?

I still watch mma but not as much as I use to, I rarely watch a ppv. I would most probaly catch a few boxing cards here and there or watch an old replay on TV if I'm up late.

the only sport I watch is bedroom gymnastics

05rOozf.jpg

Used to be a huge NFL guy but I've largely been disinterested for a while now.

Now all I watch are boxing, MMA, and NBA (I can't give up pro hoops...lol).

I'll still watch the World Cup and Olympics when they're on.

I used to watch the NBA a long time ago, then MMA, but now I just don't care about them. I'm talking about professional sports. I never gave a shit about football, soccer, etc..

I do like watching the Olympics, though.

Rogan is that you?

I care about certain teams (cowboys, spurs). And then I'll watch the playoffs because it's good tv

I'm a huge sports fan, wanted to be a sports broadcaster when I was younger but then realized I hated school lol

MMA, boxing, football, basketball, hockey, baseball, NCAA football/basketball I watch it all.

Let's go blues!! Hopefully this is our year... I've been saying that my whole life tho lol

For years i was stunned what people could remember about a sport. Then i got into MMA and i became an encyclopedia. Loved it for years.
Then I realised its not even trying to be run like a sport its just WWE bullshit and yeah back to not caring much at all.

Went probably 15 years without caring about sports at all. I watched pro-wrestling in that time, but that doesn't really count.

Over the past 6 years, I've become a religious viewer of MMA, Boxing, and hockey.

Not really following as much anymore. Getting more into disc golf. Just not feeling football or baseball anymore.

Same here. If sports leagues disappeared off the face of the earth I probably wouldn’t notice. Except maybe I’d notice the increased crime rate from all those imbeciles being out of work.

I enjoyed playing baseball as a kid, but I never enjoyed watching any kind of sport except MMA.

Wait, what? Not caring about sports and saying so on a sport forum? That's ... kinda strange. Like going to a movie board and not caring about movies.

I stopped having emotional investments in sports when I was a kid, so these days I only watch football and soccer regularly (I play as well). MMA is my 3rd. It lost a lot of lustre for me because everyone these days seems like a generalist which takes a lot of the fun out of it. I do love play-off baseball (but can't stand regular season) and will watch play-off basketball and hockey. Actually learned to enjoy NASCAR some years ago (I liked racing and once you realise there's more strategy going on than just dudes driving in circles, it's pretty cool).

NBC Absolutely ruins the Olympics. Fucking cunts.

Stopped watching football at age 13, bout the time Howard Cosell stopped announcing.

Used to watch Tennis back in the days of McEnroe.
SkinnyFlakyElkhound-max-1mb.gif

I still Dig watching Motocross and MotoGp. And the odd F1 race if its in the rain.

cUxyer.gif

hamiltonspin-57375606c5672.gif

I’m a casual fan now. Go to a few games, watch occasionally. Too busy now. I catch all the big MMA fights, and NFL games.

Only very casually keep up with MMA these days (boxing too, and I was always more into boxing), but I still follow a lot of sports. Mainly rugby union (Ulster rugby is my team), hurling and gaelic football (Antrim), rugby league (no actual connection, but I support the New Zealand Warriors). I also keep up with aussie rules, and to a lesser extent american sports (NBA, NFL, NHL) though I sometimes go through periods of being a little more interested in them.

Rugby union was the sport I grew up playing so it's probably my #1, but it's hard to beat hurling, the 'fastest game on grass':

hurling_is_a_really_crazy_ass_sport_06.gif

hurling_is_a_really_crazy_ass_sport_02.gif

Last edited:
I still watch MMA, but I like training more than watching still. I like college football. The NFL is okay. I don't have a favorite team, so that is weird to some people. I don't like any other sport. I really hate basketball, b/c a lot of fans act like I am a freak bc I don't watch March madness and shit. I should bring up the fact that I kicked our star basketball player's ass in high school.

These sports fans are out of shape, unathletic types that act like you're not a man unless you are stuck to the TV and your whole world revolves around it. It actually kind of boyish and stupid. Also, the girl who feels like should can and should go around acting like a bitch b/c her QB is out of the year

I don't follow any of the major sports, and major league sports fans who engage in shit talking, rivalries, referring to their favorite team as 'we', getting genuinely upset when their team loses, etc annoy the shit out of me. I really just can't understand how someone can place that much importance on something with so little significance and revolve such a significant portion of their lives around strangers throwing around a ball. The only sports I watch are ones that I participate in myself in some way. Combat sports, skateboarding, snowboarding, and auto racing (rally, GT, F1).

The only reason I'm interested enough in those sports to watch other people do them is because I participate in them. And even then I'd much rather be doing those things myself than watching some strangers do them on TV.

I've been at the bar on a beautiful sunday afternoon and seen all these dudes sitting around cheering for their team and I think to myself, wouldn't it be more fun if you guys all got together and played a game yourselves?

I got into mma and skateboarding by seeing them on TV and being like, that looks awesome, I wanna do that! I just can't wrap my mind around following a sport just to follow it.

Not knocking anyone who does, as long as you aren't an asshole to rival fans. I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Back