Anyone else NOT care about sports?

For some reason I like to watch rugby, but in general, I'd rather play than watch. Even mma is getting boring aside from a few fighters I a fan of.

I don't follow any of the major sports, and major league sports fans who engage in shit talking, rivalries, referring to their favorite team as 'we', getting genuinely upset when their team loses, etc annoy the shit out of me. I really just can't understand how someone can place that much importance on something with so little significance and revolve such a significant portion of their lives around strangers throwing around a ball. The only sports I watch are ones that I participate in myself in some way. Combat sports, skateboarding, snowboarding, and auto racing (rally, GT, F1).

The only reason I'm interested enough in those sports to watch other people do them is because I participate in them. And even then I'd much rather be doing those things myself than watching some strangers do them on TV.

I've been at the bar on a beautiful sunday afternoon and seen all these dude sitting around cheering for their team and I think to myself, wouldn't it be more fun if you guys all got together and played a game yourselves?

I got into mma and skateboarding by seeing them on TV and being like, that looks awesome, I wanna do that! I just can't wrap my mind around following a sport just to follow it.

Not knocking anyone who does, as long as you aren't an asshole to rival fans. I just don't get it.
It's just another form of entertainment. I really don't get how you can't wrap your head around it!

I'm basically the same. Don't care to follow along with how teams are doing. It doesn't help when your local sports teams are terrible.

Sport is the only reality TV that isn't shit. I've been watching sports my whole life and it never gets old.

I don't really care about sports unless it's a sport I'm participating in. I only care about boxing because I box myself. I don't understand why people who don't actually play the sport get so emotional and opinionated.

Because when you have a team you like, you watch every game and your invested in every play. You have a lot tied into it.

You have to be a true sports fan to understand it.

I dont see how people don't follow MMA and Kickboxing. At the least follow MMA.

What is better to do in free non intellectual time? Either training, body self improvement, mental improvement, studying, or party and sex. But we all got downtime. Guess fill it with more learning stuff or TV.

i watch mainly NBA and some NHL...MLB if it's on at the bar or something but mainly just MMA or muay thai and kickboxing.

I dont see how people don't follow MMA and Kickboxing. At the least follow MMA.

What is better to do in free non intellectual time? Either training, body self improvement, mental improvement, studying, or party and sex. But we all got downtime. Guess fill it with more learning stuff or TV.

i still follow mma. i don't miss a ufc. that's the only sport i follow. almost can't even call it a sport. it's prize-fighting. the ufc removed merit completely from mma.

I used to watch the NBA a long time ago, then MMA, but now I just don't care about them. I'm talking about professional sports. I never gave a shit about football, soccer, etc..

I do like watching the Olympics, though.
MMA/Boxing/Kickboxing/Boise State football

My interests come and go with Basketball, Hockey, and Baseball, but I'm always up on Football, MMA, and Boxing. If the Tigers, The Red Wings, or The Pistons started to dominate I would tune in though.

I watch pretty much all sports. There are amazing moments that happen and feels like you are witnessing history. Also it’s great conversation at work and a fun competitive environment especially the GOAT march madness tournies. I’ll even watch lesser known sports if other friends are into it just to learn something new and give them a hard time about their favorite player/team.

Still follow MMA but don't follow any other sport really.

I do love going to any big sporting event live and attend a bunch of NHL, NBA and a few NFL games in any given year. But I just have no interest in sitting in front of a TV to watch it. Live or nothing.

When I was younger I somewhat enjoyed watching sports. Now I prefer playing sports, but not watching. Some of that has to do with the local University team going down hill. It's been a couple decade drought of poor sports play at the university at this point.

Watching another grown man play a children’s sport on TV is a bit cuckish if you ask me.

Never been big on sports other than MMA and the occasional kickboxing event or grappling tourney.

Absolutely hate football, baseball, basketball, hockey, tennis, etc.

I used to watch the NBA a long time ago, then MMA, but now I just don't care about them. I'm talking about professional sports. I never gave a shit about football, soccer, etc..

I do like watching the Olympics, though.
But you're posting on an MMA site. :p

I think sports are an obscene distraction from things that actually matter

But I still watch and love hockey, mma, boxing

I love pageantry and fighting

The NBA is my favorite, love basketball. No league has an off season like the NBA. I think it's hardest, 82 games a season plus the playoffs, that sport is pure dedication and grit.

Baseball has like 160 games a season and hockey has 82 games plus full contact.

Basketball is the softest sport. Ive seen more toughness and grit at retirement home Bingo nights.

Baseball has like 160 games a season and hockey has 82 games plus full contact.

Basketball is the softest sport. Ive seen more toughness and grit at retirement home Bingo nights.

I don't know... I've seen basketball players break noses and play the rest of the game with blood pouring out of their bandages. I've seen them collide heads, get stitches, and finish the game no problem. Not entirely soft.

Just NFL. Every other sport out there has some sort of "grounds for dismissal" stupidity going on between the lines. Mass flopping, 500 game seasons, free throw contests, angry-guy-with-100-tattoos-acting-like-a-big-fat-douchebag spam, etc.

I would like to watch more Aussie football but it's out of my budget to watch it.

Back