Anyone else NOT care about sports?

My interest in sports ebbs and flows.
I played basketball for one season when I was 10 and did two years of track and field. I sometimes wish
I participated in sports more just for the fun and experience.I really only watch mma, boxing ,sec football and the Dallas cowboys . I've taken a moderate interest in hockey and rugby.there is continuous action in both sports . football frustrates me sometimes because of the amount of breaks they take.from what ive heard hockey players have to be able to skate incredibly fast for long amounts of time.

Last edited:
love sports only reason I keep my cabble is to watch sports, I also love visiting the stadiums the only stadiums I haven't gone to is the oakland A's stadium and the 49ers,been to the rest in California.

Baseball has like 160 games a season and hockey has 82 games plus full contact.

Basketball is the softest sport. Ive seen more toughness and grit at retirement home Bingo nights.
I would also put money on most catchers being able to beat the shit of the regular joe they are extremely strong and tough.

Just three

Hockey (greatest sport in the world)
Football (NFL, not legball)
Combat sports (mainly MMA)

Can't really get into any other sports than that.

I lost interest in a lot of sports. I may watch playoffs and championship games to some extent. I don't care about watch a bunch of spoiled, whining, athletes. Even, F1, I'll watch the 6-7 minute summary on the F1 youtube channel. There are so many other things to do. I'm busy and my time is short.

I still watch MMA (UFC and Bellator).

That's painful to think about after the Gretzky high stick that wasn't called.

I was just a kid when that happened but who knows what could have happened if that call wasn't made.

:(

Baseball - No.
Football - No
Basketball - No
Hockey - Fleeting interest around playoff time.
Car racing - No
Boxing - Used to love it. Now...I don't care.
MMA - Yes
Olympics - Individual sports where the Olympics are the apex of the sport (wrestling, Track & Field, etc.) - Yes.
Olympics - Team sports that are regional focused like Waterpolo and table tennis - No.
Golf - No

Sports I like to play, but would never watch on TV like Ultimate Frisbee - Sure.

I used to watch the NBA a long time ago, then MMA, but now I just don't care about them. I'm talking about professional sports. I never gave a shit about football, soccer, etc..

I do like watching the Olympics, though.

You post on an mma forum though

Only very casually keep up with MMA these days (boxing too, and I was always more into boxing), but I still follow a lot of sports. Mainly rugby union (Ulster rugby is my team), hurling and gaelic football (Antrim), rugby league (no actual connection, but I support the New Zealand Warriors). I also keep up with aussie rules, and to a lesser extent american sports (NBA, NFL, NHL) though I sometimes go through periods of being a little more interested in them.

Rugby union was the sport I grew up playing so it's probably my #1, but it's hard to beat hurling, the 'fastest game on grass':

hurling_is_a_really_crazy_ass_sport_06.gif

hurling_is_a_really_crazy_ass_sport_02.gif

Those guys are next level mad. Like AFL except people hack at you with a stick.

I used to love the Bulls when Jordan was playing but in the last 10 years IDGAF about sports at all. Buncha people at work saying "we won" but "you" didn't win shit and when they go on strike it's obvious they don't give a fuck about the fans

I mean I'm happy for them when they win and all but sports just aren't entertaining to me. I'd much rather play than watch.

Back