Anyone else pumped up for the return of Shinya Aoki?

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I certainly am. One of my favourite fighters. Really hope he pulls off the upset against Askren. Tobinkan Judikan!

If he wins this fight it will be equal to winning the UFC LW championship.

Yeah, well ... I don't think he Will Win TS...

absolutely

I was on his fight finder this afternoon

say what you will about his personality, but the guy is a fucking octopus

such interesting, insectile grappling he's got. You can't give him an inch on the ground

Aoki would end that Askren winning streak. Mark my words.

Stylistically it's an awesome fight.

Yeah, well ... I don't think he Will Win TS...
I've seen crazier upsets though

I know how suffocating Ben is on the mat, but Shinya is the tangliest octopus in the sea, and he can snatch up anything from any angle when he sees his spot

or it could wind up with him crying, ala Melendez, so

Ben has been getting finishes lately, and can always fall back on pokes

can't ever count Shinya out

I've always liked Aoki. creative and ruthless. He won't sub Askren though.

How will Askren win? On the feet? Going to the ground with Aoki will not be a smart move on Ben's part.

Askren is gonna be a lot stronger than Aoki. I don't see this being that competitive, as much as I like Aoki.

Would absolutely love it if Aoki won.

who? im not tryna be funny either i read a post saying he will fight askren show hes not very good

aoki is basically the only fighter more one dimensional than askren.

this could be an exciting fight. it could also be the most boring fight since shamrock-gracie 2.

Just one wrong move and Aoki can snag a limb easy. I think he taps Askren out. Fuck I love me some Tobikan Judan

Aoki got smashed on the ground versus Melendez didn't he? I don't think he beats Askren. Might be an exciting first round until Aoki gets tired from carrying Askren all night.

I certainly am. One of my favourite fighters. Really hope he pulls off the upset against Askren. Tobinkan Judikan!

If he wins this fight it will be equal to winning the UFC LW championship.
Aoki, sure.

Askren?zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

no, he's always been one of my favourites but not only is he out of his prime (despite going on a 9 fight win streak before his last loss), he has no business at WW.

askren's fuckin fart face is probably gonna win, i really hope aoki can get the win somehow.

Back