Anyone else still happy as f**k that Bisping is champ?

it let us see him get mauled by 46 year old hendo so yea, happy

I had tons of respect for him when he took the Rockhold fight on a what... two week notice?

I still respect him for that. But ever since, he's made all the wrong moves. Vying for Hendo was utter nonsense. This fight with GSP is utter nonsense. I say he has yet to defend his belt. When he beats GSP, he's going to either stall everything some more so he can have another weird fight with some obscure figure, or he'll leave. There's no way he fights Whittaker.

Which pisses me off- as someone already mentioned, Whittaker has been doing Michael's dirty work for him. Yoel is a dragon and Robby has slain him. Whittaker is the real champ and Michael is holding up the division. I want to see Rockhold vs Romero, or Weidman vs Whittaker. But everyone wants the belt understandably, and so scheduling will be written in light of it. Right now Bisping is just sitting on the pot, and years are creeping by, slowly but undeniably.

Just defend your belt or leave. Sheesh at least Conor vacated.

I'm happy his solid career was topped off with a title, don't always agree with his decisions made now he's the holder, but he earned and more than deserves his place in history.

nothing against him, i'm just unhappy that by allowing him to defend the belt against retired and unranked guys ruined the best 185 division since the Pride 2005 WW GP.

it would have been a lot of fun to see Rockhold, Bisping, Weidman, Mousasi, Jacare, Whittaker, Souza and Kennedy (why not, let's bring him in) fight each other for a couple of years. instead of a score of great fights between these greats, we got a mere handful.

remember the 205 division between Chuck & Jon? well, maybe you don't. but those guys (Machida, Evans, Hendo, Rampage, Forrest, Shogun) all had wins and losses against each other. it was fun. 185 could have been exponentially more fun.

if you like great fights, you should be against Bisping's two defenses. but if you're a fan of Bisping first and foremost, i imagine you're happy.

i blame UFC, not Bisping.

Back