Anyone else stop finding Family Guy funny?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the show peaked years ago! I don't know if they got new writers or something but in years past, they had hilarious pop-culture references, the cutaway gags were actually funny, they mocked known celebs in a very creative way.

Now...

The cutaway gags make no f'in sense whatsoever.

"Hey Lois, This is like the time, I was a polar bear in the arctic!"

Half of the celebs they mock aren't really recognizable, you'd have to Google them, which defeats the purpose of a "popular" culture reference.

There are like 1 or 2 funny jokes here and there but it just isn't the same as it used to be.

yes, one or two decent episodes every seasons for the last few years, can't watch the early stuff as the animation is more off putting than earlier Simpsons...
…...should've kept this guy on longer too
tDtzVQ3.png

I used to laugh every episode but now, no as often. Its still entertaining enough for me tho.

I just past the Tiny Tom Cruise episode, so theyre still roasting known celebs.

I've started watching it again and I find it hilarious. I never jumped on the "family guy sucks" hipster thing that started going around after south park destroyed them.

I've started watching it again and I find it hilarious. I never jumped on the "family guy sucks" hipster thing that started going around after south park destroyed them.

Oh, I definitely still watch it. It's one of my dumb, casual shows. I just think it was much funnier in the past, and there were better written jokes.

I used to laugh every episode but now, no as often. Its still entertaining enough for me tho.

I just past the Tiny Tom Cruise episode, so theyre still roasting known celebs.

Yea, I still find it entertaining, but the funny jokes are few and far in between.

I stopped laughing after season 4-5. What season are they on now?

Oh, I definitely still watch it. It's one of my dumb, casual shows. I just think it was much funnier in the past, and there were better written jokes.

Yeah true. Its a little better now than it was a few years ago tho

Nah family guy still rules especially after blazing now South Park on the other hand has been shit the last several years.

It's only 20 minutes long without commercials and still is good for a few laughs, but definitely not as good as it was 5-6 years ago.

When you run a show for 20+ seasons, eventually you run out of ideas and are forced to come up with mediocre shit.

I stopped watching at least a decade ago. First three or so seasons are passable and good for some laughs but I couldn't stomach it after they brought it back from cancellation the first time. I'll never understand how a C+ show became such a phenomenon.

lol 22 or something and You stopped after season 4-5 those seasons kina sucked
I tried to watch season 6 and 7 when they came out. They just weren't that funny so I lost interest

The jokes were more subtle and the characters less over-the-top during the earlier seasons. I don't particularly like where they took Brian and Stewie's character

Never liked it... mostly because it was shitty and formulaic... and everyone liked it...

I love family guy. Always preferred it to south park and simpsons.

They can be very hit and miss though

Never really into Family Guy; it's okay for a few chuckles every now and then especially if watching while baked but of the MacFarlane shows I prefer American Dad

Back