Anyone else surprised Conor McGregor retired after Floyd?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Snowfist, May 16, 2018.

1. PEDS Help me Post

PEDS Help me Post Black Belt

Fans of the sport and Conor fans are usually two different things.

Fans of the sport love MMA. Conor fans just love Conor and the idiots that try and act like him. That's why so many Conor fans are now also "Colby fans".

2. snackgod

snackgod Black Belt

he do that cause conor blind followers will go crazy anytime he tweets champchamp.

3. TallGHunter

TallGHunter Purple Belt

Watch, Conor is not retired. Conor needs to fight, his ego demands it. He doesn't have another stage.

4. TheScorpionDude

TheScorpionDude Get over here! ~~~~~~~~~~~~==>

He'll make up for it in the long run.

You, me, and most guys here think like that cause we're not rich, and it would ruin us. So we get pissed.

He has 'fuck you money', and he can plan way ahead. He has the luxury of time.

I guarantee you he was not pissed at all.

5. VicRomano

VicRomano Orange Belt

I love all these people continuing to assume that he still has this $100 million to fall back on.
    How much of that do you think he has he already spent since last year? All the cars, planes, yachts, houses, entourage, parties and not to mention upcoming legal fees? Plus I'm pretty sure the UFC took their lions share of his profits too.
    I don't think he can fund his lifestyle doing BK commercials and promoting bullshit whiskey...
    I've said it before but I wouldn't be suprised if we see Conor end up like current Chuck Liddell, hurting for cash and looking to take a fight when he's 45.

Fighting is a sport for the present, not the past or the future.

6. DatSamboKid

DatSamboKid Brown Belt

He will be back. 100 million is a lot but it’s not 1 billion. If you live the fast life flying around in private jets, buying designer clothes, driving luxury cars, partying in the best clubs and snorting the best cocaine, 100 million (without additional revenu) can disappear very fast.

McGregor can make more than a million fighting Khabib, Diaz and GSP.

7. Oeshon

Oeshon ช่างมันเถอะ

I heard he was pretty smart with is money and leased most things or got a lot of the stuff through paid promotions.

I'd happily give Conor free shit from my company if he showed off my product on IG.

Snowfist likes this.
  8. HIMBOB

HIMBOB Steel Belt

I don't think we will see.

He'd do it himself imo.

9. snackgod

snackgod Black Belt

conor might not of given a shit but dana sure as hell did.

10. snackgod

snackgod Black Belt

to bad the ufc would have something to say about that.

if only conor wasn't so happy to signed that contract he last did. it must be so hard being the highest paid fighter on the roster.

11. boxingskills

boxingskills Training to break world records.

Yeah it's not easy on FU money believe me.

12. Alphafail

Alphafail Brown Belt

Not really. A lot people predicted he would back in the day.

13. wookie brawl

wookie brawl Brown Belt

If I was Conor, I would just buy a home in cash and deposit the rest of money, live off the interest. Leave all the hard training and rat race behind.

Lemmy likes this.
  14. Crystaline Entity

Crystaline Entity Yellow Card Yellow Card

Sure his ground game (if getting back up is what qualifies for you as a ground game) is fine against FW's that Conor dwarfs. Conor cut insane weight to fight these smaller guys. The days of his size advantage is gone. He would never get up like that against somebody like Khabib, who is bigger, stronger, and a much better grappler than either of these guys.

15. Crystaline Entity

Its goes the other way as well. Until Conor learns how to wrestle, other fighters have a huge advantage. Against Khabib, Conor has about a 30 second window to win the fight. After that, he is on his back, gassed out by the time round 1 is over, and its a complete mauling from there. We will never know because Conor is too smart to ever fight Khabib without the 20 on 1 advantage in a street fight. Fight will never happen.

16. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh ----Orion's Belt---- Platinum Member

He recently wanted to fight Edgar..if he had it his way he would continue to fight Nate Diaz and smaller fighters. Khabib and Tony had a lot to do with his “retirement”.

lol he was so upset with Khabib that he kicked a busses ass but he won’t step into the octagon one on one to settle the fake grudge.

17. suffersystem

suffersystem Brown Belt

Pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Esp since he had the belt.

18. Crystaline Entity

Fight will never happen. Conor knows exactly what would happen and that's why he McDucked it and lost his title to avoid this fight. You have to really love Conor's nuts to think he has any chance against Khabib other than a punchers chance of a very quick KO in the opening seconds. Please show me the video of somebody handling and beating Khabib in a fight. Oh yea, you can't. Nobody has beat him. I can show you a video of 2 of Conor's last 4 opponents beating his ass. 1 by KO and one by him tapping for his life. Conor loses half of his fights when he fights somebody his own size. No more cutting insane weight to fight smaller guys. No more Burger King fake champ not defending title.

19. Rovert

Rovert Yellow Card

I think the haters want him to come back much more then the huggers , I myself want it just so I can witness the most new accounts ever created here on Sherdog.

markg171 likes this.
  20. Crystaline Entity

Uh, OK. Your random uneducated statement means a lot. You sound like a guy who spent a lifetime analyzing WWE "fights" to me.