Anyone else surprised Conor McGregor retired after Floyd?

Why would he want to come back and get mauled by Khabib?
Cuz hes a fool with his money and he believes hes the best.

Hell either burn through his money or need an ego boost, whichever comes first.

But now when he returns hell be older and out of them game.

There is a reason why the word prime is used.

Uh, OK. Your random uneducated statement means a lot. You sound like a guy who spent a lifetime analyzing WWE "fights" to me.
my random uneducated statement?

It's just the truth. You lack experience and fight IQ to form a proper analysis.

ya cause being signed to a contact being the highest paid on the roster is such a hard thing.

he knows what he is worth; he made $100 million to fight mayweather. contract or not, in his mind, he is worth more than what the UFC can pay, so why should he settle for less. he probably makes more off the interest off of his fight with mayweather than winnings from a UFC fight. so in that sense, it's not even worth his time

I really thought the UFC would have a deal where Conor got incredible money for 5 or more fights. 1 in boxing against Floyd and the rest in the UFC. I figured Conor actually didn't make that much on the Floyd fight, but the value would be spread out. That would be the UFC's guarantee Conor would return to the UFC and continue being a big PPV draw for them.

It looks like they actually just paid him a massive sum of money and have accepted he will retire a 'UFC celebrity'.

Either his celebrity status gives so much exposure to MMA that this is somehow worthwhile to them or they seriously fucked up in the contract negotiations. Either way the fans of the sport got fucked.

Given the space Conor was in financially do you really think he wouldn't have accepted $15 million a fight for 5-10 fights with the UFC after the Floyd fight? Why would they give him one massive payday. They had him under contract. He had no leverage.

tenor.gif

Conor CoPrompted the Mayweather fight. He probably got insight to all the numbers and now he knows whats up.

he knows what he is worth; he made $100 million to fight mayweather. contract or not, in his mind, he is worth more than what the UFC can pay, so why should he settle for less. he probably makes more off the interest off of his fight with mayweather than winnings from a UFC fight. so in that sense, it's not even worth his time

maybe 15-25 million is so had.

you know conor didn't clear 100 million from the Floyd fight. he still have to pay taxes, managers fees, training camp cost, and the amount the ufc got from it.

istill think he got 40 mill max.

I'm surprised. I thought he was in it for more than the money. I figured that after that fight he would want to redeem himself and go back to whooping ass in the cage. I thought that once he was set for life, he could focus 100% on fighting and not so much on self promotion.

But I was wrong. He went out on an embarrassing loss and he's ok with that.

so dana was lying about saying this is not the kind of pr the ufc wants.

love how conor blind followers can turn anything bad into a good thing.

He's a promoter. He wants money. Conor brings money. This will force Conor to fight because he is losing leverage by not having money. Think. Your head is not there for haircuts only. It's for thinking.

I would have loved to have a normal conversation, but when you refer to me in the third person like you have some kind of studio audience watching you... that's a red flag for me.

Have a good day sir.

I think he'll be back by the end of the year depending how the court situation goes.

But really if I was in Conor's position I would never fight again. What for? Given that so many people are praying for your downfall.. you might as well just fade into the night.

He's a promoter. He wants money. Conor brings money. This will force Conor to fight because he is losing leverage by not having money. Think. Your head is not there for haircuts only. It's for thinking.

I would have loved to have a normal conversation, but when you refer to me in the third person like you have some kind of studio audience watching you... that's a red flag for me.

Have a good day sir.

dana always says nobody is bigger than the ufc it self. people were like ufc will die with chuck gone, than when randy gone, than when tito gone, chael gone, thanr onda but the ufc will always move on and find new stars.

if conor loses everything that will be the only way he fight again cause he went broke being sued bye people or losing stuff if hiswife leaves and get half of everything.

I really thought the UFC would have a deal where Conor got incredible money for 5 or more fights. 1 in boxing against Floyd and the rest in the UFC. I figured Conor actually didn't make that much on the Floyd fight, but the value would be spread out. That would be the UFC's guarantee Conor would return to the UFC and continue being a big PPV draw for them.

It looks like they actually just paid him a massive sum of money and have accepted he will retire a 'UFC celebrity'.

Either his celebrity status gives so much exposure to MMA that this is somehow worthwhile to them or they seriously fucked up in the contract negotiations. Either way the fans of the sport got fucked.

Given the space Conor was in financially do you really think he wouldn't have accepted $15 million a fight for 5-10 fights with the UFC after the Floyd fight? Why would they give him one massive payday. They had him under contract. He had no leverage.

tenor.gif
He's retired before.

He loves to play MMA fans. He'll be back, especially after his funds get zapped by his attorneys.

dana always says nobody is bigger than the ufc it self. people were like ufc will die with chuck gone, than when randy gone, than when tito gone, chael gone, thanr onda but the ufc will always move on and find new stars.

if conor loses everything that will be the only way he fight again cause he went broke being sued bye people or losing stuff if hiswife leaves and get half of everything.
The baldfather never lies right? Cept' Conor is bigger than Chuck, Randy, and Ronda combined. The UFC is just selling so well right. GSP did 800k but they literally have nothing else since then.

NO....It's exactly what I predicted.

He knew what was waiting from him if he returned to MMA....The UFC created a nice facade with him being a 2 division champ, but unfortunately that means he had no choice but to fight the top contenders....And he and his team want absolutely no part of that...Welcome back, now have fun fighting Khabib or Tony....It's understandable why he would stay away...Why destroy your brand like that when you don't have to?

The only other option I saw was him returning to give up the LW title, fight Nate Diaz and retire win or lose....

But allow me to break to news to anyone who is wondering....

Conor is NEVER fighting Khabib and for very obvious reasons....He may take a 1 more retirement fight before leaving MMA for good, but there is a very good chance he never fights again...

my random uneducated statement?

It's just the truth. You lack experience and fight IQ to form a proper analysis.
Wow. I've probably won more money analyzing fights and fighters than you will make in your entire life, but OK, you know me. Where does this site dig up these dip shits?

Back