Anyone else thinks khabib destroys Tony?

Underdog bjj jp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People keep hyping Tony up but he got rocked and taken down by pillow fisted no wrestling Pettis. Tony is durable but his pressure and sloppiness will be his downfall. Khabib shut down the best striker the ufc has ever seen striking. what makes Tony any different ?

Khabib has never fought someone so comfortable and dangerous off his back.
Khabib has never faced anyone with the pace and cardio of Tony.
Tony has more heart than any of Khabib's previous opponents.
Tonys striking is very unorthodox and much better than Khabib's

What makes Tony different from Conor?

Heart. The biggest factor here. He will NOT quit.
Insane pace.
Cardio. Ferg doesn't get tired.
Ground game. Think twice before jumping in Ferg's guard.
Tony will drag you into deep deeeeep waters.
If Khabib struggles to get Ferg down in the 3rd/4th/5th, Ferg is going to maul him.

El Cucuy is taking that belt.

Last edited:
IDK but I wish they would both go away

Khabib has never fought someone so comfortable and dangerous off his back.
Khabib has never faced anyone with the pace and cardio of Tony.
Tony has more heart than any of Khabib's previous opponents.
Tonys striking is very unorthodox and much better than Khabib's
that's tonys problem. Hes too comfortable on his back, khabib would be ready just like he was ready for conors straight lefts

no. personally I think if they fight 10 times they win 5 each, maybe 6 to 4 for either of them.

that's tonys problem. Hes too comfortable on his back, khabib would be ready just like he was ready for conors straight lefts

Actually everyone cowards and gets scared when Khabib takes him down and Tony will welcome it because his ground game off his back is so dangerous. He could possibly catch Khabib in a submission. And even if he can't get a submission, Tony will cut him up with elbows if Khabib sits in his guard. The sight of blood will cause panic and adrenaline to rush for Khabib who has never been cut and the fact that it is where Khabib is most dominant (in top position). I think Khabib will panic against Ferguson.

Styles make fights. IMO Tony beats Khabib and Conor beats Tony.

Khabib will fuck off here real soon though because his body can probably only make the weight 1 more time and hes too pussy to move up a weight class
imagine calling an undefeated fighter a pussy lmfao relax bucko he got plenty of fights left in 155. Style wise khabib beats Tony imo, by submission too

Actually everyone cowards and gets scared when Khabib takes him down and Tony will welcome it because his ground game off his back is so dangerous. He could possibly catch Khabib in a submission. And even if he can't get a submission, Tony will cut him up with elbows if Khabib sits in his guard. The sight of blood will cause panic and adrenaline to rush for Khabib who has never been cut and the fact that it is where Khabib is most dominant (in top position). I think Khabib will panic against Ferguson.
I'll have to disagree. Tonys elbows are deadly but khabibs fight i.q is wayyy morr advance. I think halfguard would be his dominate position most of the fight. I can potentially see khabib gassing though

No, I think it's going to be a close fight, but one of them will get stopped.

People did this with Conor & that didn’t end up so well. Dismissing Khabib’s ground game like Tony is so amazing from the bottom is strange. So is assuming Khabib has no striking ability after what he did in the second round against Conor.

Khabib wins.

I think Ferguson is on the verge of being ko-d for good, the accumulated damage seems pretty high at this point, he gets dropped and rocked in every fight but he's just so goddamn tough and durable he always outlasts his foes, but that can only last for so long.

I think Tony and Lee give I'm tough fights. Somewhere between the 3 of them is the best LW in the world

People keep hyping Tony up but he got rocked and taken down by pillow fisted no wrestling Pettis. Tony is durable but his pressure and sloppiness will be his downfall. Khabib shut down the best striker the ufc has ever seen striking. what makes Tony any different ?

You do realize Tony has only lost 1 of his LAST 18 FIGHTS (and it was a decision loss.)
I'll assume you realize this.

So knowing that fact, you then sight his last fight against Pettis (and also fighter-bash Pettis) to get your point across that Tony is somehow bad?

As far as what makes Tony different than Conor....

1. Much better conditioning
2. Physically and mentally thougher
3. More techniques standing and WAY more techniques on the ground
4. Able to attack and sub off his back
5. Better scrabbling

The only thing he doesn't have, that Conor has, is that crazy power.

He will put up a better fight than Conor did, but it'll be as competitive as the Al Iaquinta fight. In other words Khabib via UD.

. Tonys elbows are deadly but khabibs fight i.q is wayyy morr advance. I think halfguard would be his dominate position most of the fight. I can potentially see khabib gassing though

If Khabib can get to halfguard. No other opponent of Khabib has the wrestling and BJJ of Tony.

And Khabib gassing is a real possibility. We have never seen him in a 5 round fight with someone that has the cardio and pace of Tony. Tony is also very durable so he can survive the onslaught of Khabibs ground n pound (if Khabib can GNP him without getting subbed) into the later rounds where Khabib can fade and struggle to get the takedown. We saw what happened when Barboza and gleison panic wrestled against Tony, he subbed them real quick. We even saw Khabib unable to get the TD in the 3rd round against mcgregor

imagine calling an undefeated fighter a pussy lmfao relax bucko he got plenty of fights left in 155. Style wise khabib beats Tony imo, by submission too

I mean pussy in the sense of moving up.

You know he wont do it and no...hes already been to the hospital once and last time went into seizures. He doesnt have that weight cut in him much longer.

Thats why Conor moved up. He was tired or cutting that weight and said fuck it. Khabib will NEVER do that.

Tonys game plan will be:

1) defend takedowns early on, not because he is overly scared of being taken down, but to tire khabib up. tony wont mind taking the odd shot on his feet to ensure he does his best to make khabib fail each time.
2) barrage of strike up from late rnd 2.5 onwards

The only thing he doesn't have, that Conor has, is that crazy power.

And even thats debatable

5_medium.gif

UFC-173-Tony-Ferguson-vs.-Katsunori-Kikuno-nice-GIF-2.gif

Back