Anyone else thinks khabib destroys Tony?

I just want to see it and it probably needs an immediate rematch because this is the fight!

Tony will drown Khabib. Those thick legs and barrel chest won't even last until 3rd before Tony takes charge at pace Tony demands. TDs wont come then it's all tony by whatever he wants.

Only change Khabib has is break his arm early like MJ did. Then it probably still goes to decision.

I'm absolutely stunned that people don't realize how important cardio is. We see Khabib (as great as he's been) noticeably slow down. We know Tony is just a cardio machine that increases pressure and drowns guys with it as the fight goes on. Yet everyone is acting like this is a 2 round fight. It's crazy.

Destroy? No. I think khabib can definitely win id slightly favor him in fact, but Tony isn't Conor. He's not going to get man handled on the ground, he's not going to gas in 2 rounds, he's bigger then Khabib, has more then one way to win unlike Conor, etc etc.

People keep hyping Tony up but he got rocked and taken down by pillow fisted no wrestling Pettis. Tony is durable but his pressure and sloppiness will be his downfall. Khabib shut down the best striker the ufc has ever seen striking. what makes Tony any different ?
Nope, Tony will beat Khabib

I disagree that Khabib wins based on the thread starter saying he beat Conor the GOAT at striking.

Conor wasn't his former self in my opinion after 2 years off.

Tony could cut Khabib's face open at any moment even in round 1 with an elbow and 'the GOAT striker' hasn't ever been known to have dangerous elbows like Tony

People don't realise as well that when Tony takes a hit to the face it's usually because he's hitting them harder at the same time.

Tony will drown Khabib. Those thick legs and barrel chest won't even last until 3rd before Tony takes charge at pace Tony demands. TDs wont come then it's all tony by whatever he wants.

Only change Khabib has is break his arm early like MJ did. Then it probably still goes to decision.

If Khabib isn't Tony's next opponent, who else should Tony fight next?

I don't think Poirier, I think Poirier has also and already earned a titleshot.

I'm not disagreeing with you...for 2 rounds. I'd be stunned honestly if Khabib doesn't win rds 1 and 2. But when cardio starts to come into play all that grappling excellence starts to matter less and less. It takes a ton of energy to implement Khabib's strategy, and it's why he looked dominant early vs Iaquinta but lackluster late. And...Tony is an entirely different animal than Al.
Why do you think Khabib is going to gas after 2 rounds if he takes Tony down and stays on top? Khabib had to take a breather in the 3rd against Conor, because he emptied his gastank on GnP, throwing 41 consecutive strikes, as someone has said earlier. If Khabib goes into this fight with the mindset of winning a decision via control and careful GnP, he'll be fine as far as his gastank goes.

Also, Tony is not going to pressure Khabib off his back.

I disagree that Khabib wins based on the thread starter saying he beat Conor the GOAT at striking.

Conor wasn't his former self in my opinion after 2 years off.

Tony could cut Khabib's face open at any moment even in round 1 with an elbow and 'the GOAT striker' hasn't ever been known to have dangerous elbows like Tony

People don't realise as well that when Tony takes a hit to the face it's usually because he's hitting them harder at the same time.

Conor's striking isn't anything special except against FWs. He couldn't take out Nate, and he's never fought anyone else at LW besides Eddie. Mairbek Taisumov is a better striker than Conor. Out of 7 wins, he's won 5 by KO, and won three POTNs.

Why do you think Khabib is going to gas after 2 rounds if he takes Tony down and stays on top? Khabib had to take a breather in the 3rd against Conor, because he emptied his gastank on GnP, throwing 41 consecutive strikes, as someone has said earlier. If Khabib goes into this fight with the mindset of winning a decision via control and careful GnP, he'll be fine as far as his gastank goes.

Also, Tony is not going to pressure Khabib off his back.

Why did Khabib slow so much vs Iaquinta then? He looked amazing as usual for 2.5 rounds and then...noticeably tired. Even Edson got back to his feet late in rd 3 and pushed Khabib away.

This idea that Khabib doesn't slow down is a farce. His cardio doesn't suck, he just utilizes a TON of energy early in fights. So far it hasn't mattered but he also hasn't fought a guy with inhuman cardio that makes you pay for being even a little tired.

Against Tony Khabib could exchange strikes, go for the TD comfortably and hurt Tony, who likes being on his back. I guess would be an easy victory for Khabib. Tony has a great pace and heart, it is a known factor, but Khabib has it also.

Destroy? It's a possibility as much as it is a possibility for Tony to destroy Khabib.

It is a very exciting matchup. The tricky thing with Tony pin him for the finish. Pettis hurt him but that fucker kept moving and got himself out of the situation. Tony gets tagged quite a bit but he always retaliates which is a great quality not just for entertainment purposes. While it's hard to win a decision of the back, he is legitimately dangerous with submissions and his striking of the back.

I do expect Khabib to win because I think he can impose himself on the ground and stay clear of submissions, he's very active in his grappling as we know. But I won't for one second be surprised if Tony beats him. But if I had to pick one, I'd pick a cut open and bruised Khabib to win via GnP.

Khabib has never fought someone so comfortable and dangerous off his back.
Khabib has never faced anyone with the pace and cardio of Tony.
Tony has more heart than any of Khabib's previous opponents.
Tonys striking is very unorthodox and much better than Khabib's
Tony walks down opponent but gets hit a lot...he's not really a pressure fighter. He is durable and has good recovery. He maybe comfortable off his back but so is Khabib on top. I don't think Tony has ever been ground and pounded the way Khabib does. I don't think he can outmuscle Khabib...I see this as a GSP-Condit result..

It's a fine opinion to have considering Khabib's pedigree but i'm expecting a dog fight. Tony absolutely will never just lay down or ride out a bad spot. He's always scrapping and scambling, and has a multitude of dangerous attacks he uses. That's the problem with tony that Khabib did not have to worry about with Mcgregor. Conor is a left hand, pretty much it. Tony is dangerous with almost everything, and is insanely tough. Will khabib end up with top position in the fight? Likely. Will he be constantly threatened with subs, scrambles, and elbows from the bottom? Absolutely. And definitely can't discount how massive tony generally is with his big weight cuts, and he's tall and rangy.

I'm not a Tony fan, but this psycho won't ever be an easy fight for anyone.

●Constant pressure from every position.
●Dangerous from every position.
●Willing to try shit mid fight for the hell of it.
●Amazing recovery and good chin.
●Can go for 5 rounds with no slow down, regardless of his high output.
●fluently transitions from striking to grappling and mixing it up in any position.
●Most destructive LW off his back. Sub or reverse GNP.

You would have to be a blinded Khabib fan to write this crazed cunt off as an easy win.

I think its an easy fight for Khabib. I cant see him struggling to take Tony down, and Tony doesn't mind being on his back.
I think that says enough.
Tony is tough enough to never quit, I just can't see him winning the fight.

Cardio?

Khabib was tired after rd 2 trying to finish Conor. To the point where he basically took rd 3 off to catch his breath. He also faded vs Iaquinta. Obviously both Conor and Al aren't even in Tony's stratosphere when it comes to cardio. And neither offers close to what Tony does off his back, which means while Khabib probably wins rd 1 (and likely rd 2), he has to work even harder to do it. And this time it's vs a guy who has proven (upping his already frenetic pace throughout 5 rds in Mexico City where everyone else got tired and faded) elite cardio.

When Khabib is up 2 rounds on Tony and Tony pops right up at the end of rd 2 fresh as a daisy and Khabib is tired as hell and desperately needs that round of halfhearted sparring like he got in rd 3 vs Conor, instead he's gonna have Tony swarming and draining his already depleted gas tank to empty.

Can't wait.
I can see your point of view, but it doesn't work like that. Khabib will lean on him with his weight and make him tired. It's not same as stand up fight. Tony has great cardio, but wrestling with Khabib is a different world.

I can see your point of view, but it doesn't work like that. Khabib will lean on him with his weight and make him tired. It's not same as stand up fight. Tony has great cardio, but wrestling with Khabib is a different world.

We will see. Tony has had fights where he's had to fight extended periods off his back. It's not like that's new to him. And he's never tired in those fights either, not once.

Meanwhile we have SEEN Khabib slow down considerably due to the amount of energy he's forced to use to implement his gameplan. This isn't conjecture by me, I've witnessed it with my own eyes.

In my opinion, Khabib is EASILY the best 10 minute fighter in the history of MMA. What he does nobody can counter for 2 rounds. But...this is a 5 round fight. And that will be the main factor.

I think Tony has better cardio and a 5-round fight favors him. I don't see Khabib actually finishing Tony, either.

We will see. Tony has had fights where he's had to fight extended periods off his back. It's not like that's new to him. And he's never tired in those fights either, not once.

Meanwhile we have SEEN Khabib slow down considerably due to the amount of energy he's forced to use to implement his gameplan. This isn't conjecture by me, I've witnessed it with my own eyes.

In my opinion, Khabib is EASILY the best 10 minute fighter in the history of MMA. What he does nobody can counter for 2 rounds. But...this is a 5 round fight. And that will be the main factor.
Man, I can't wait to see the fight. Two fighters with real fighters heart.. It will be great.

Back