anyone ever had a home invader?

came home late one night after the wife, dog and I were all gone for the day to portland. she was in her own car with the dog (long story.) and I beat them home by about 7 minutes with my manly car handling skills. coming up the stairs to our apartment I heard a ruckus, so I pulled out my phone, slowed my approach and peaked around the corner. (probably not the smartest thing to do, but hey.) swear to god, three raccoons had found there way through the open window we had left for the cats and were just starting to go through the garbage. damn cats were hanging out like it was no big deal. everyone froze, had a eastwood style staring contest before the fat bastards calmly walked back across the kitchen and out the windows again.

that counts, right?

came home late one night after the wife, dog and I were all gone for the day to portland. she was in her own car with the dog (long story.) and I beat them home by about 7 minutes with my manly car handling skills. coming up the stairs to our apartment I heard a ruckus, so I pulled out my phone, slowed my approach and peaked around the corner. (probably not the smartest thing to do, but hey.) swear to god, three raccoons had found there way through the open window we had left for the cats and were just starting to go through the garbage. damn cats were hanging out like it was no big deal. everyone froze, had a eastwood style staring contest before the fat bastards calmly walked back across the kitchen and out the windows again.

that counts, right?

Good thing you had your phone with you, racoons are fucking deadly

Damn some crazy shiet happened to me just a couple months ago and mind you I live in a pretty good area too... 3 thugged out guys jumped over a wall and into my yard and tried to get into my house and I heard my mom screaming. The guys had baseball bats and God knows what and when I saw them I ran up to my room and got my HK 9mm loaded with hollow points and some extra loaded mags and when I ran outside they were gone. They apparently jumped over onto my neighbors yard and tried to get into their house but then ran away since my neighbor started screaming too and their dog was going crazy and so I got into my car and started chasing them as they got into their SUV. I got on my cell and called the cops and told them what happened and read off their license plate number. Then the guys got out of their SUV and started surrounding my car and so I stepped on the gas and almost ran over one of them. I then drove about 100 feet away and got out of my car and ducked behind my car and readied my gun. The guys got back in their SUV and started coming towards me so I got ready to aim my gun and they saw that so they sped off. I got back in my car and started following them again and the whole time I had the operator on the line. She told me the cops were close by and I heard sirens and they pulled over the SUV. I pulled behing the cop car and told the cop about everything and he told me to stay in my car. The 3 guys were all told to sit down on the curb and the cops were asking questions. They lied and said they weren't doing anything wrong and that I was just some crazy guy coming after them with a gun. The cop then comes and talks to me and I told him that I had my gun on me because I was feared for my safety and the safety of my family and neighbors. He told me that he believes me but that I broke the law by bringing the gun with me in the car. Keep in mind that this is in communist California where we have practically no gun rights. He then handcuffs me and reads me my rights and has me sit on the curb. The cop tells me that the guys say that I'm lying and that they want to press charges so he tells me if there were any witnesses and I tell him that my mom and my neighbors saw them too. So he has his backup go to my house and talk to my mom and my neighbors to ID the guys. About 30 min later the backup cops show up and I hear them saying that yeah I'm telling the truth and that my mom and my neighbors described those 3 guys exactly. I thought 'yes, those guys are busted and I'll be free to go' but that wasn't the case. The cop who was a nice guy told me he's on my side and agrees with what I did but that I broke the law and that if he arrests the 3 guys then he would also have to arrest me also. So we all agreed to make it seem like nothing happened and he let us all go. He told me that he'll keep an eye out on those guys though. Phew, end of true story.
Anyways, I think I made a mistake in going after those guys with my gun but I was just so full of adrenaline at the time and when I heard my mom and neighbors screaming and I saw those punks in my backyard with bats in their hands trying to get in my house, I wanted to frickin kill them and blow their frickin heads off. It would've been ugly if those fools were still in my backyard when I ran back down with my gun because I practice tactical shooting and participate in IDPA and IPSC events. Those fools messed with the wrong guy and it would've been double tap to the chest and one in the head for each one of them. Currently I'm trying to apply for a concealed carry permit but I think it's impossible to get in Los Angeles County. And to prevent that shiet from happening again, I've put up surveilance cameras on my house and plan on getting another dog (either German Shepherd or Rottweiler). My shepherd mix dog is 13 years old and senial so she won't bark at strangers anymore.

Jesus fucking Christ California sucks. Way to ruin what should be the nicest area of the country, immigrants, criminals, and the libtards who love them.

Jesus fucking Christ California sucks. Way to ruin what should be the nicest area of the country, immigrants, criminals, and the libtards who love them.

That's the People's Republic of Californistan for ya.

Damn some crazy shiet happened to me just a couple months ago and mind you I live in a pretty good area too... 3 thugged out guys jumped over a wall and into my yard and tried to get into my house and I heard my mom screaming. The guys had baseball bats and God knows what and when I saw them I ran up to my room and got my HK 9mm loaded with hollow points and some extra loaded mags and when I ran outside they were gone. They apparently jumped over onto my neighbors yard and tried to get into their house but then ran away since my neighbor started screaming too and their dog was going crazy and so I got into my car and started chasing them as they got into their SUV. I got on my cell and called the cops and told them what happened and read off their license plate number. Then the guys got out of their SUV and started surrounding my car and so I stepped on the gas and almost ran over one of them. I then drove about 100 feet away and got out of my car and ducked behind my car and readied my gun. The guys got back in their SUV and started coming towards me so I got ready to aim my gun and they saw that so they sped off. I got back in my car and started following them again and the whole time I had the operator on the line. She told me the cops were close by and I heard sirens and they pulled over the SUV. I pulled behing the cop car and told the cop about everything and he told me to stay in my car. The 3 guys were all told to sit down on the curb and the cops were asking questions. They lied and said they weren't doing anything wrong and that I was just some crazy guy coming after them with a gun. The cop then comes and talks to me and I told him that I had my gun on me because I was feared for my safety and the safety of my family and neighbors. He told me that he believes me but that I broke the law by bringing the gun with me in the car. Keep in mind that this is in communist California where we have practically no gun rights. He then handcuffs me and reads me my rights and has me sit on the curb. The cop tells me that the guys say that I'm lying and that they want to press charges so he tells me if there were any witnesses and I tell him that my mom and my neighbors saw them too. So he has his backup go to my house and talk to my mom and my neighbors to ID the guys. About 30 min later the backup cops show up and I hear them saying that yeah I'm telling the truth and that my mom and my neighbors described those 3 guys exactly. I thought 'yes, those guys are busted and I'll be free to go' but that wasn't the case. The cop who was a nice guy told me he's on my side and agrees with what I did but that I broke the law and that if he arrests the 3 guys then he would also have to arrest me also. So we all agreed to make it seem like nothing happened and he let us all go. He told me that he'll keep an eye out on those guys though. Phew, end of true story.
Anyways, I think I made a mistake in going after those guys with my gun but I was just so full of adrenaline at the time and when I heard my mom and neighbors screaming and I saw those punks in my backyard with bats in their hands trying to get in my house, I wanted to frickin kill them and blow their frickin heads off. It would've been ugly if those fools were still in my backyard when I ran back down with my gun because I practice tactical shooting and participate in IDPA and IPSC events. Those fools messed with the wrong guy and it would've been double tap to the chest and one in the head for each one of them. Currently I'm trying to apply for a concealed carry permit but I think it's impossible to get in Los Angeles County. And to prevent that shiet from happening again, I've put up surveilance cameras on my house and plan on getting another dog (either German Shepherd or Rottweiler). My shepherd mix dog is 13 years old and senial so she won't bark at strangers anymore.

You think, man? That's some irresponsible shit right there. I can understand you protecting your family and maybe property but once they left your property, the situation was defused on your end. In California, as soon as they turned to flee, you no longer have the law on your side in regards to self defense. You just became a criminal by chasing them down.

To continue the situation outside your property, bringing it onto the public streets and putting other people in danger with a car chase and then readying yourself for a shootout from the cover of your SUVs engine block is out of control and it sets a bad precedent for responsible and level headed gun owners.

You are lucky those 3 thugs didn't have firearms themselves and there was no shootout in the middle of your neighbor that you would have essentially been the cause of. And you are lucky no charges were pressed on you.

No offense, you are the last type of mentality I would want CCWing. You just illegally carried a firearm on your person because you were supposedly in fear of your life but you had no problem progressing and accelerating the scenario like you were a one man SWAT team? In response to the incident, you actually broke more laws than the 3 thugs who trespassed on your property.

Last edited:
Never owned a gun. I am a life long martial artist and fighter and have always gotten out of bad situations -including being held up several times.

If they got a gun and come into my house, they might even get a rickenbacker 4001 through the skull too.

I'd break my elbows on a skull before I'd break a Ric...but I also have a couple handguns by the bed, so Florian-jitsu would be a last resort.

I have a few knives and guns and a dog. But the most lethal thing in my house is my wife's cooking. I should probably just keep some tuperware on my nightstand.

How do you think the liberals stay in power, got to appease their voters.

Oh the irony. The guys that sleep with a glock on their nightstand, have watchdogs and fences and alarm systems-- those are not the guys that get robbed. Which accounts for the lack of stories on this thread, I guess. Has anyone actually shared a story of an actual home invasion that happened to them?

I find it interesting how so many people in here wish someone would try to break into thier home so they could shoot them. Im not sure why anyone would hope for a situation like that.

To answer the original question, no I have never had a home invader. I keep a S&W S.W.A.T knife in my nightstand table. My area is pretty safe though.

How do you think the liberals stay in power, got to appease their voters.

All politicians are pandering to a base constituency. You're a fool if you think that it's just "liberals."

No guns. I always figured straight fighting, plus kitchen knives or golf clubs if necessary would be enough. Also, having a gun around seems like a bad idea - what if you lose it and turn it on someone close to you?

Some disheveled looking guy broke into the house I was living at 5 or 6 years ago. I lived on first floor and older married couple lived on second floor. I came home from work around 2:30 a.m. and saw this out of place stoned dirty guy walking down our deadend street and a neighbor outside telling him to get away. Then I saw the lady from upstairs out on the driveway with a frightened look on her face. Her husband had pulled a shotgun on him and he turned around and left the house. He never came in to my part of the house and had already left the house by the time I got home anyway. He was 6 feet tall very frail looking guy. I imaginine I would have stabbed him or beat the hell out of him if I was home and he came in to the downstairs part, but I dunno.

No guns. I always figured straight fighting, plus kitchen knives or golf clubs if necessary would be enough. Also, having a gun around seems like a bad idea - what if you lose it and turn it on someone close to you?

If you're worried about "losing it and turning it on someone close to you" then you're correct, you don't need a gun.

If you're worried about "losing it and turning it on someone close to you" then you're correct, you don't need a gun.
yea, you kinda missed my point. It is the people who never think about that stuff that really would be better off considering alternative means for home safety. Aside from a family member intentionally hurting another, you also have kids getting when they find dad's gun.
I mean it depends on where you live I guess, but there are usually better ways to stay safe in my opinion.

Oh the irony. The guys that sleep with a glock on their nightstand, have watchdogs and fences and alarm systems-- those are not the guys that get robbed. Which accounts for the lack of stories on this thread, I guess. Has anyone actually shared a story of an actual home invasion that happened to them?

Then who are the guys that get robbed? lol. Not my fault that the MSM doesn't bother reporting how many robberies, rapes, assaults and homicides have been averted because a gun was present in the hands of the home owner.

But the lack of stories on here about home invasions are a good thing. No one wants to experience a home invasion. But you should never become complacent. And to be prepared should never be held against you. Sorry.

yea, you kinda missed my point. It is the people who never think about that stuff that really would be better off considering alternative means for home safety. Aside from a family member intentionally hurting another, you also have kids getting when they find dad's gun.
I mean it depends on where you live I guess, but there are usually better ways to stay safe in my opinion.[/I]?

Actually, most people who own guns for self defense do think about their options for defending themselves and family. Hence the reason why they chose the gun as their go-to option for self defense.

If family members are hurting themselves with your firearms, you should not be an owner of firearms.

Maybe you are ready and willing to beat someone's head in with a baseball bat if they break into your home; get up and personal and struggle with them, get bruised and bloodied in the altercation, but what about your wife? gf? sister? Do they possess the power and will to bash an intruder's head in? Or stab them with a kitchen knife? No. Most likely not.

Because you have distance from your attacker; a less intimate act of self defense and it is quicker and less exerting to stop an attacker makes the argument for why a firearm (esp a shotgun) is the # 1 preferred tool for self defense.

Back