Anyone ever had molluscum contagiosum?

I know I'm responding to an old thread.

I had it 2013. I most likely got it from the grappling mats. That is the reason I wear long sleeve rash guard now if I'm training nogi. I went to the dermatologist and got it frozen off. I had about a half dozen very small ones, looks very close to white head pimples on my right arm/risk area. Its gone for now and no new out breaks since the original time.

I got it in 2007 and it was basically the reason I stopped grappling. It lasted probably a year and I had it in visible spots like my neck and behind my ear. It was awful.

Only treatment I got for it was freezing them at the clinic over numerous visits.

I got it in 2007 and it was basically the reason I stopped grappling. It lasted probably a year and I had it in visible spots like my neck and behind my ear. It was awful.

Only treatment I got for it was freezing them at the clinic over numerous visits.

Did you ever go back to training jiu jitsu or wrestling again? Or did that turn you off for good?

I Google some pics of it and it would suck to have mollusum on a viable area of the body. When I first had it, I didn't know I had something wrong. It was so small and in a discreet area that I thought it was pimple blemishes. I had it probably for 6 to 8 months before going to seeing a dermatologist for something else and just happened to asked/show them the 'tiny pimples' I had that is when the Dr. said it's molluscum and she froze it off for me.

I got it bad my first year around 02. It was all neck, chest and arms. I had them burned off but every once in while they pop up again. I have a self treatment freeze kit. I use it when they pop up.

I am years late, but I have Molluscum too. Been out of training for a solid week now, going to a Dermatology and im praying they can fix it.

Dayum, this thread revival is like the molluscum itself...keeps rearing it's ugly head. But it's much appreciated because now I know to use a full rash guard and also what to look for in anyone that might have it.

Ok here ya go, my 10 year old had them and after a ton of research this is what worked for us. Very warm water mixed 1 part white vinegar to 1 part warm water, make a wet compress and soak the affected areas 15 min 3 times a day. In a week to 10 days you will see a huge improvement and hopefully will be almost completely healed. You can also use Apple cider vinegar. I never had to try it but I heard people supplement the vinegar treatment with a saave made of coconut oil and tea tree oil.

I'm the OP who started this thread all those years ago... I can confirm that I did not die. Freezing them off at the dermatologists got rid off them. Apple cider vinegar works well too. They never came back. I had ringworm last year which sucked. Still train BJJ though.

I'm the OP who started this thread all those years ago... I can confirm that I did not die. Freezing them off at the dermatologists got rid off them. Apple cider vinegar works well too. They never came back. I had ringworm last year which sucked. Still train BJJ though.
Hey! I got them frozen about three days ago, they’re all blistered up. I only have them on one side of my face and three on my arm. Follow up appointment in two weeks, cannot spar or roll until they’re all gone only been able to hit mitts. I wanna ask how many times did you go to the dermatologist before they were all gone and how long with the freezing treatment.

Back