Anyone ever ride a bullet train?

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
1:15 and 1:24 are pretty crazy:

As cool as it would be... one mistake and even David Dunn would be done.

No. Is it really the speed of a bullet?

man wasnt meant to travel at such speed.

Imagine if there is something on the track or there is some kind of flaw with it. At that speed you're pretty much guaranteed to die.

I have taken the one in Taiwan. Apparently it's 300km/hr. I would say it's a pretty smooth ride. I would presume those in Japan would be even better.

Rode the Japanese one. Very smooth and didn't even feel that fast.

Took the TGV in France. Thing goes really fast, and the ride is smooth as hell. You don't feel like in a train at all

I have taken the one in Taiwan. Apparently it's 300km/hr. I would say it's a pretty smooth ride. I would presume those in Japan would be even better.

I've been on both, the only way to get around Asia, beats the shit out of a plane that's for sure, walk on and walk off, easy as fuck. The Taiwan one is not too much more for first class as well, heaps of legroom, comfy seats etc.

I lived in China for awhile so yes, bullet trains fairly often. ~300kmh, smooth ride, comfortable seats. Cheap.

It's the same thing. Japanese companies built and operate both.

Took the TGV in France and that was very smooth.

Back