Anyone excited about lotr amazon series?

LHWBelt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
They basically said it's going to be before the movies but not a repeat of the hobbit. They could do that war where all the races had to unite and when sauron got the ring cut off and anything leading up to that. That sounds amazing imo. They could show the gradual alliance of the races in desperation, etc. Or it could end up like trash like the hobbit. I'm optimistic though, anyone else??

Is it the silmarillion ? Tales from Middle Earth?

200.gif

I'm interested, but i'll need to see something from it before i get excited for it.

i'll be more excited in about 2 and a half years.

"It’ll be in production in two years; [but] 2021 is the hope"

its just too soon

Can't wait. Fan of Amazon's stuff. This and Conan The Barbarian new series.

That ring has such an epic story that I am pretty excited. It's a loooooonnnnnng story before the books too.

Ill definetely check it out. Loved the movies, theyre just so damn long that its not very often ill go back and rewatch them

It'd be cool to see golums back story. Before he got the ring up to the hobbit maybe.

Overrated movie series, but could make for a good tv series if they put up the money for it

Amazon is a lifeless, soulless company, and all of their content lacks creative innovation.

Moreover, if there's one IP that really doesn't need a remake, it's Lord of the Rings. The Peter Jackson trilogy wasn't that long ago and holds up incredibly well, production-wise.

Is it the silmarillion ? Tales from Middle Earth?

Don't think so, The Tolkien estate owns the rights to that still, its LOTR Amazon has bought the rights to BUT that also means the aphendix of Return of the King that gives you vague details about the 2nd and 3rd ages. I see really three things they could do...

The Second Age - That could involve the buildup to the original wars of the rings that you see the ending of in the flashback opening to Fellowship of the Ring, the forging of the various rings and the story of the Numenoreans who the Gondorians/Aragorn are desended from. You could actually make that into a massive epic if you wanted to perhaps even larger in scale than Jacksons Lord of the Rings films.

The Third Age - Smaller scale than the above but events in Gondor and especially Arnor, the northern kingdom Aragorn was desended from that rules in the area around the Shire and fought the Witch King, again you see a flashback to that in the Hobbit with the Witchking being buried by them. This seems like it would be more Game of Thrones like, more human politics between kingdoms.

Late Third Age - Cover events very close to the point Lord of the Rings starts with perhaps a younger Aragorn played by someone else, that would probably be much smaller in scale and like personal adventures although to me it doesn't really seem like much that's very important bar perhaps the Aragorn/Arwen romance.

Second age sounds great. Love the movies, haven't read the books but am a fan of the lore

I'm the biggest LOTR fan on this board

And I can say nah

Don't think so, The Tolkien estate owns the rights to that still, its LOTR Amazon has bought the rights to BUT that also means the aphendix of Return of the King that gives you vague details about the 2nd and 3rd ages. I see really three things they could do...

The Second Age - That could involve the buildup to the original wars of the rings that you see the ending of in the flashback opening to Fellowship of the Ring, the forging of the various rings and the story of the Numenoreans who the Gondorians/Aragorn are desended from. You could actually make that into a massive epic if you wanted to perhaps even larger in scale than Jacksons Lord of the Rings films.

The Third Age - Smaller scale than the above but events in Gondor and especially Arnor, the northern kingdom Aragorn was desended from that rules in the area around the Shire and fought the Witch King, again you see a flashback to that in the Hobbit with the Witchking being buried by them. This seems like it would be more Game of Thrones like, more human politics between kingdoms.

Late Third Age - Cover events very close to the point Lord of the Rings starts with perhaps a younger Aragorn played by someone else, that would probably be much smaller in scale and like personal adventures although to me it doesn't really seem like much that's very important bar perhaps the Aragorn/Arwen romance.

2nd age is the way to go. If its great it can be like a lead in to the lotr trilogy and if it's trash ignore it like the hobbit trilogy. The hobbit trilogy didnt make me think less of the lotr trilogy so i think it's worth a shot. It'd be interesting to see orcs re-imagined as well.

Is htis even close to post production yet? I cant be excited for something that will happen ten years down the road.

I generally hate when people expand on other people's work without their input.

Back