Anyone excited about lotr amazon series?

4888517-9123356869-Needa.jpg

Continue. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Frodo could have reached Mt Doom with 1 day shipping

Damn guy, that's really cool. I love that movie. Thanks for sharing.
I didn't like his LOTR movie but I'm a huge fan of his other works. I bought a Fritz from Wizards original drawing awhile back and had it professionally mounted. It's one of my favorite items I own.

If they just stick to Howard’s original material, they would have some pretty incredible television. He wrote engaging and timeless pulp that would translate well to the screen.
I want to see Red Nails so bad.

Will they show where the black people at? Or why the Arabs were the bad men working for Sauron?

Will they show where the black people at? Or why the Arabs were the bad men working for Sauron?
Yah, LOTR SJW edition...sounds like a rip-roarin' good time...

Frodo: "Actually, I feel like I've misappropriated this ring...I'm going to return it to Sauron and these misunderstood Orc folk. Cheers!"

Kinda. I love Tolkiens books and the original movie trilogy was really good.

But they ruined the Hobbit movies. So I just hope they don't make a giant shitfest of it like PJ did with the Hobbit.

Kinda. I love Tolkiens books and the original movie trilogy was really good.

But they ruined the Hobbit movies. So I just hope they don't make a giant shitfest of it like PJ did with the Hobbit.

I feel the same as you but like i said if its bad like the hobbit I'll just ignore it. If they lead up to and show the war where sauron gets the ring cut off i think it could be great and the perfect sequel series. There's alot of character development that could be done in the lead up as well.

This is my first time hearing about it and couldn't be bothered

I feel the same as you but like i said if its bad like the hobbit I'll just ignore it. If they lead up to and show the war where sauron gets the ring cut off i think it could be great and the perfect sequel series. There's alot of character development that could be done in the lead up as well.

What I think they should learn from The Hobbit is that you really need a LOTR scale plot to make a LOTR type film, Jackson was I think always struggling against the story of the Hobbit being much smaller in scale and more childlike in tone.

That's why I think Amazon would be making a big error going for a "young Aragorn" kind of series, I can see some potential plot elements they could use but there just doesn't seem to be the substance overall.

What I think they should learn from The Hobbit is that you really need a LOTR scale plot to make a LOTR type film, Jackson was I think always struggling against the story of the Hobbit being much smaller in scale and more childlike in tone.

That's why I think Amazon would be making a big error going for a "young Aragorn" kind of series, I can see some potential plot elements they could use but there just doesn't seem to be the substance overall.

I don't know if it has to be on that scale but it needs to be less childish. In the LOTR movies the only "comedy" is Gimli and Legolas competing with each other. The Hobbit threw way more of that nonsense in there and nobody got it.

Who's producing? I'm worried they'll do tits and ass and mature rated Game of Thrones style which is all the rage these days.

yeah,,, who doesn't want to see naked hobbits and orchs tits and ass.

I don't know if it has to be on that scale but it needs to be less childish. In the LOTR movies the only "comedy" is Gimli and Legolas competing with each other. The Hobbit threw way more of that nonsense in there and nobody got it.

The Hobbit book is actually much lighter in tone than Jacksons films where are more a middle ground between it and LOTR.

if they do it on the 1st or 2nd age yes.

I'll check it out when it's finally released in the year 2043. So, It's set before the movies? That's a shame. I was kind of hoping to see the Frodo storyline again but with different actors and more details from the book.

Back