Anyone feel completely mediocre?

Join a non-profit organization and do something that enriches your life. The problem with society is we are brainwashed from an early age into thinking that success equals buying lots of nice things. We then think that we aren't good enough since we haven't acquired these things yet. It is all bullshit and the sooner you realize this the happier you will be. Spend time in nature and less time in major cities. Spend more time helping people than buying stuff for yourself. Spend more time with family and less doing overtime. Stop watching the news, it is filled with negativity and will only make you lose hope in humanity. The system that they built is made to enslave us so that we mindlessly consume.

If you have good health and have people around you who you love that is good enough. Don't forget that you are already so fortunate to have been born in a first world nation so that you even have the luxury to complain on a message board.
I've known people who tried to get out of a rut by trying to volunteer and were rejected for not having relevant skills for the position.

yeah at most stuff i guess but i kill it eating pussy, im the best and chicks love it

Jesus Christ this threads depressing

I don't have any talents. I think I'm average athletically although if I'm being honest I think my coordination is below average which is why I never really got into ball sports. I might be somewhat naturally stronger and muscular than most guys, but it's not by a huge margin either. I'm not musically talented and my singing is absolutely mediocre. So is my dancing. So is my writing. I don't think I'm stupid, but I'm definitely not a genius either. I was never bad enough at my jobs to get fired, but I never excelled and stood out either. I'm just socially skilled enough to not be totally awkward in social situations. I'm short and (maybe slightly above) average looking, and make just enough money to have a "normal" life.

I'm in my 30s I still haven't found anything I'm really talented at and everything I do just seems "passable." I'm a passable person.. I guess I should count my blessings I'm at not at least terrible. It kind of sucks not knowing what you're good at, assuming I even have a talent.

Anyone else feel this way? Is this most people? Did anyone find their talent later in life?
What do you enjoy doing for fun? Fulfillment doesn’t have to come from your job. It’s great if it does, but if it doesn’t then just use the money from the job to fund the things that fulfill you.
Declutter your life. Downsize everything. Keep only what you really love.
Give money away. Sponsor a child through Compassion International. Get to know a homeless person and take them to lunch once a week. Volunteer in a shelter.
Go backpacking. Start small and acquire the skills and gear as you progress. Have amazing adventures.
Find a good church in your area and get plugged in. You might be surprised by how accepting people are.

A man can build bridges his entire life but if sucks one cock they'll call him a cocksucker not a bridge builder.

I’m pretty mediocre at all the things other sherdoggers are good at, like mopping floors, cleaning toilets, etc.

I am a master strategist and always look for the most logical solution to situations which is why I am so good at video games. I can always find a way to get ANYTHING done.

For example, people get into fights and just sit there trying to punch each other the whole time. I get into fights and I kick you in the dick right before I smash my cordless phone I am holding over your head just because that is the most logical thing to do.

When I used to work at Sports Authority there would be 4-5 people including managers standing around discussing how to do something and I would just go do it then come back 5 minutes later while they are still discussing how to go about accomplishing the task and would just say "yea I just did that." Thats why I went on to pretty much run the store.

Only thing I won was a Dead or Alive 2, 16 man/woman/child tournament at a Dreamcast exhibition in an Electronics Boutique store. Prize was either the store copy of an F1 game, or the store copy of Virtua Striker something. I chose F1.

Aside from that, I've been okay at video games but not great. I used to consider myself to be a good writer as a teenager, but upon growing up, I realized that my flaws and lack of life experience will give me a low ceiling in that regard. Plus I burned myself out on e-fed shit.

I'm not an academic, not because of lack of ability but because I just don't have the passion for, well, anything. Physically I'm quite big, but childhood petit-mal epilepsy caused me to be coddled at a young age. I'm fairly strong now as I have spent years doing work that requires heavy lifting, but there is a low ceiling on that too.

I'm probably a bit worse than average as I do not have my own home and my job pays around £23,000 a year, but I can now save a good 20% of my earnings a month, so that is a plus.

If you're mediocre just be mediocre.
Just try to build up so.e cash,get some good pussy, and enjoy activities and life. You could try to help some people too,but don't stress about it.

I'm a pretty good writer; have been since grade school actually. Went to school for journalism and have written for some pretty well known publications too.

Problem is, it's hard to make a decent living as a writer so my one decent talent hasnt really been utilized enough.

I am mechanically inclined and have a damn near photographic memory. So I've been able to make a living in the technical world, working a lab and doing qc work.

Now I'm just trying to put the two together and get a technical writing job. Not what I envisioned for myself before, but who knows, maybe at 39 Ill find my calling doing that.

Otherwise, I'm in great shape and in good health... Been able to travel and have good friends and live relatively happy. All most people can ask for.

A man can build bridges his entire life but if sucks one cock they'll call him a cocksucker not a bridge builder.
Sam Merlotte's ancient proverbs.

You are pretty good at describing yourself and in ways I felt like you was describing me

Kind of the opposite. I feel I'm actually quite exceptional, yet no one really knows.

My life has had numerous incredible things. I've done and been through things people would struggle to believe. I've been the best around at different things. Weird natural talents etc. Yet I'm not famous and not rich so it hasn't paid off yet.

At 26 years old my life would have like 20 completely unique completely bizzar chapters. It would be so random that itd be hard to string together in a logical manner though

I've known people who tried to get out of a rut by trying to volunteer and were rejected for not having relevant skills for the position.

Reminds me of 7-8 years ago when I was a forever aloner and realized I couldn't volunteer for anything because they all required 3 non-family references. Literally every place in the city I lived in at the time. I looked into volunteering at a soup kitchen during the holidays and they also required 3 references to submit an application form

Cumulative disadvantage is a bitch

Reminds me of 7-8 years ago when I was a forever aloner and realized I couldn't volunteer for anything because they all required 3 non-family references. Literally every place in the city I lived in at the time. I looked into volunteering at a soup kitchen during the holidays and they also required 3 references to submit an application form

Cumulative disadvantage is a bitch
Ha, that's harsh. Couldn't even volunteer without references. Shoulda asked your Sherbros, we got your back.

I am a constant disappointment to family and friends because they all assumed I'd "be somebody" from a young age.

Yet I only ended up being a mediocre average guy after all my efforts. By some metrics not even average, actually.

Back