Anyone go to a Danaher seminar lately?

So I went to one yesterday. I felt like I totally got my money's worth. As you would imagine the instruction was amazing. I really appreciated their systematic progression of moves and each component had a reason for being there which they explained very well. Danaher was actually pretty funny in general and was very precise with his instruction.

The leg stuff was golden as you might expect. At least for a leg lock neophyte like myself. For me, I really loved the details on how to finish heel hooks. Gordon took over and gave their 5 points of how they achieve maximum pressure. When we repped it, it was pretty amazing to feel as my partner went through each of their 5 points and at each one I could feel it getting worse and worse. By the third step I was tapping most of the time. They also spent a lot of time going over counter leg locks from ashi which were def eye opening.

The back stuff was really good as well. Very systematic hand fighting and how to work the weak side. They showed a bunch of triangle options from the back as well as a slew of subs you can get when working those triangles.

During the drilling part of class Gordon, his gf, and Danaher walked around the room helping everyone. I didn't know his gf did bjj (although with her being brazilian and his gf it's not surprising) but she actually helped me and my partner twice and it seemed like she really knew what she was talking aobut. It was a very well run seminar and I'm very glad I went.

The only bad part is we had about 7 people from my school there and so I can expect a lot of sore knees in the coming weeks as this stuff gets disseminated to the rest of our school.

Is Ryan gf that juiced up trainer that trains him in the gym?

For that money I'd want a legit leg lock guy
Ken shamrock funaki suzuki Barnett lister

That as much as rickson Gracie seminar lol. Gtfo

Rickson seminars are trash (there was one for free on youtube I not stupid enough to get conned by Rickson and actually pay for one) so compared to them a seminar with Gordon Ryan is a bargain.

Rickson seminars are trash (there was one for free on youtube I not stupid enough to get conned by Rickson and actually pay for one) so compared to them a seminar with Gordon Ryan is a bargain.

I won't say I don't agree with you about it not being everyone cup of tea. I'm a competitor and would not go to a rickson Gracie seminar because it covers more self-defense.

I can tell you however that rickson knowledge is bjj can't be denied.

As a competitor I respect rickson over Danaher because Danaher never competed nor does he train much. The guy is terribly out of shape lol

Gordon was part of the seminar, and he has competed against a lot better guys then Rickson did.

Is Ryan gf that juiced up trainer that trains him in the gym?

She was very fit, but she didn't look juiced up at all. Just a lean and athletic looking female about 5'5 or 5'6. She and Gordon Ryan looked very pissed off while Danaher was very friendly and outgoing. I never met Gordon Ryan or his GF, but I actually suspect they may have been arguing or not getting along because I detected something going on there.

Well, it was a very good seminar! It was worth the $200 to me. We learned great setups and details on the heel hook and chokes from the back. I highly recommend if anyone has a chance to go.

She was very fit, but she didn't look juiced up at all. Just a lean and athletic looking female about 5'5 or 5'6. She and Gordon Ryan looked very pissed off while Danaher was very friendly and outgoing. I never met Gordon Ryan or his GF, but I actually suspect they may have been arguing or not getting along because I detected something going on there.

If it's that Brazilian girl then most likely she is on gear. She is pretty ripped and her voice sound like a guy.

Why was Gordon with Danaher during seminar?

If it's that Brazilian girl then most likely she is on gear. She is pretty ripped and her voice sound like a guy.

idk , maybe because hes an ADCC world champion, ibjjf no gi world champion and has submitted some of the best competitive bjj players in the world?

its like people in this thread dont know who Gordon Ryan is lmao, the guy above said he'd pay $200 for a rickson seminar lmao but not for a seminar with one of the greatest coaches in the game currently and an ADCC world champ who has subbed guys like keenan, romulo barral, cyborg abreu, mahamed aly, yuri simoes, the list goes on lol.

For that money I'd want a legit leg lock guy
Ken shamrock funaki suzuki Barnett lister

ken shamrock lmao? again, gordon ryan has subbed many of the best BJJ competitors in the world WITH leglocks, he has reached the pinnacle of competitive grappling at only age 23 with less than 10 years of training,

yet you'd rather pay $200 for a seminar with a "legit" leglock guy like ken shamrock lmao. buddy, the leglock game evolved past ken shamrock in like 1999, you could probably find competitive purple belts at the top gyms with a deeper understanding of the leg lock game at this point

idk , maybe because hes an ADCC world champion, ibjjf no gi world champion and has submitted some of the best competitive bjj players in the world?

its like people in this thread dont know who Gordon Ryan is lmao, the guy above said he'd pay $200 for a rickson seminar lmao but not for a seminar with one of the greatest coaches in the game currently and an ADCC world champ who has subbed guys like keenan, romulo barral, cyborg abreu, mahamed aly, yuri simoes, the list goes on lol.

You misunderstood my initial question. Was this a Danaher seminar? If so, why was Gordon there?

No-one ever said they wouldn't pay $200 for a Gordan seminar... they were comparing seminar pricing between Danaher and rickson price.

I'm not sure if it's the same girl. She looked like she might be Brazilian. She was very pretty and athletic but she didn't look juiced at all (but I know appearances don't mean someone is or isn't on steroids necessarily). I'm not sure about her voice. Gordon is doing the seminar tour with Danaher. The format was Danaher would teach and at the end Gordon would show some variations or transitions on the techniques Danaher was teaching. Gordon was also one of the people walking around making sure we were doing techniques properly. He and the girl didn't talk much at all, as though they were pissed about something. But he was still very polite to students just maybe something going on in his personal life or maybe he's just an introvert. Who knows. It was a cool seminar, and they seemed cool.

I'm not sure if it's the same girl. She looked like she might be Brazilian. She was very pretty and athletic but she didn't look juiced at all (but I know appearances don't mean someone is or isn't on steroids necessarily). I'm not sure about her voice. Gordon is doing the seminar tour with Danaher. The format was Danaher would teach and at the end Gordon would show some variations or transitions on the techniques Danaher was teaching. Gordon was also one of the people walking around making sure we were doing techniques properly. He and the girl didn't talk much at all, as though they were pissed about something. But he was still very polite to students just maybe something going on in his personal life or maybe he's just an introvert. Who knows. It was a cool seminar, and they seemed cool.

Now the real question is, does Danaher do any seminars by him self?

u guys r lucky to have gone to his seminars though tbh thats pretty cheap he could charge more if he wanted to he could charge rickson prices which are insane

ken shamrock lmao? again, gordon ryan has subbed many of the best BJJ competitors in the world WITH leglocks, he has reached the pinnacle of competitive grappling at only age 23 with less than 10 years of training,

yet you'd rather pay $200 for a seminar with a "legit" leglock guy like ken shamrock lmao. buddy, the leglock game evolved past ken shamrock in like 1999, you could probably find competitive purple belts at the top gyms with a deeper understanding of the leg lock game at this point
lmao great minds think alike i said myself in my own post that your average purple belt who likes leg locks has kens understanding of them frank has better leg locks than ken

u guys r lucky to have gone to his seminars though tbh thats pretty cheap he could charge more if he wanted to he could charge rickson prices which are insane

Not sure if Danaher could tap the super lucrative market for things that don't exist.
I don't think anyone's fans can match the extreme silliness and delusion of the ricksons fans.

Last edited:
Back