Anyone had their tonsils pulled as an adult?

I have mine..I was always jealous in elementary school when other kids brought them in and talked about eating ice cream for a week.

I'm in a similar scenario, bud; I never get sick other than fucking strep throat. I get strep 2-3 times a year. It fucking sucks. Last time it was so bad that I took three sick days for the first time in my life and the doc wanted me to spend the night at the hospital to monitor the infection. It was the worst I've ever felt and I've had a few procedures and broken shit.

I asked him about removing my tonsils and he said he was actually doing me a favor by not doing the procedure. He said it is painful and a horrible and difficult recovery, so I decided against it.

I got strep again in december but it wasn't as bad. I haven't closed the door on taking those motherfuckers out, though.

I want mine out because I've found tonsil stones

Must have got rid of about 25 of them. When I think they're all gone I'll find another

Recently found the biggest one yet was huge. It was in a crypt I've cleaned out multiple times too so the fact that the biggest one I've seen came from a crypt I've cleaned 10x previously was very discouraging

I feel like I must have loads more that just won' come out so I'm going to see if I can get the tonsils removed

i can contriboot
had mine pulled at 22, i think io posted the story about the ear removal wax thing that happned directly related to this, which was gnarly as fuck, but i digress. the surgery was a breeze, count backwards from to, made it to 3 and woke up with no tonsils. first 3 days was back home, moms took care of her wittle baybee, lol. i jus twatched tv, ate pain pills, and slept. once i was back on my feet and the allergic reaction to sodium pentathol wore off, which sucked super hard, i drove back to my apratment with my bros and did bong hits. that night i woke up with drool all over my face, so i got up to go wqipe it off, i was still fucked off percocoet. looked in mirror, was not drool was blood. one side reopened, so i had to have my most sober friend drive me to er at 4 am, totally high as a kite, had to have them go back in and recoterize the left side., so i had more surgery at 8 am that morning, was a blast. another week of pain pills and no respoinsibilites was ok with me
10/10 would remove again

I'm on day 7 after the removal today. Day 1 and Day 2 were the easiest for me. Since then, it's been progressively tougher. Sleeping is actually the toughest part since you have to drink so much water. Once I wake up to piss, I'm in really bad pain and have to drink water. Sometimes I can't fall back asleep. When I am awake though, it isn't too bad as long as I down water constantly. I'm probably drinking 1 1/2 to 2 gallons per day.

Eating is brutal too. I've lost 10 lbs already. I'm mostly having liquids and occasionally things like eggs, mashed potatoes, etc. With all of the water that I'm drinking, I don't get hungry that often though.

Honestly, I think it's just as bad as most people say. I can't do most of the things that I enjoy and not eating is rough too. Below is the progress of someone over 12 days. My throat looks very similar. Warning - graphic.

b67eae5c559899a05bc7b8ca97c30ce8.jpg

No removal for me. Suffered once or twice as a kid badly with illness where I and couldn't eat for 4 or 5 days at one point.

Day 4 or 5 hit and I remember, the family had Chinese and wow, it was one of the finest days of my life eating again.

No removal for me. Suffered once or twice as a kid badly with illness where I and couldn't eat for 4 or 5 days at one point.

Day 4 or 5 hit and I remember, the family had Chinese and wow, it was one of the finest days of my life eating again.

Man, I love food, and it's brutal on day 7. Besides lifting weights, I miss that the most. I'm not the type to sit around and lounge either, so I'm starting to go nuts. I went into the office last night at 3 AM lol.

Why did you have to get it removed?

I got really sick. Respiratory infection that lasted for weeks. One of the issues was that my uvula was swollen. Once I got better, I expected it to eventually go down in size, and it did. Except, it was longer. The stretching from the swelling had become permanent, so it dangled deep in my throat (insert dick joke here) to the point of being a choking hazard. I would wake up choking on it, so decided to have it cut out of me.

Back