Anyone here become shredded in your late 20s or early 30s? Or later?

Seaside

Caudillo
Banned
Reaction score
Was a teenager not long ago. Still have few more years to grow technically. So distracted many things in life. Am thin and work out have done cut and bulk before maintain and lot. Feel I am skinny fat because I don' have much muscle mass. Anyway

That discipline man I have it semi I dont get fat and eat well excercise. except during very early morning when drunk. But yeah it hard. I swear if I had more discipline less chaotic schedule. Maybe I need to get older and get bored of the party.

Last edited:
I've always been in good shape but have never been as shredded as I was about two years ago when I was competing in sub grappling and training 5-6 days a week along with strength training and dieting. I was 37 years old.

I'm injured right now so haven't been training or watching my diet as much, but I know I could be back in peak shape within a month or two if I really wanted to be. I am lucky in the fact that I have a naturally fast metabolism, even at my age so as long as I'm eating relatively healthy I stay very lean. I also put on muscle quickly when I'm working out regularly. Sounds like you may be the same way.

So you have all the time in the world.

When you're born with dominant genes, shredded just happens. Sorry about your luck.

Just lift, do some cardio, and eat sensibly if you want a good physique IMO. You're in your 20's; no reason to give up things you like to reach some unattainable look, as long you keep within reason, and you're not trying to get that look for a very specific reason(eg competitive bodybuilding).

When you're born with dominant genes, shredded just happens. Sorry about your luck.
Yeah, Nic Cage didn't get a PhD degree from the school of badass; he simply was.

I'm 39. People say im ripped. I agree with them, hah. I got this way by age 38.

When I hear "shredded" I think people who are completely leaned out prior to competition. Basically, the lowest amount of fat humanely possible before you die hah. If that's what you mean, I'm not that. But by any normal persons definition of the the word, yes I am.

No Im a real man
Oi5imbQ.jpg

I’m 38 and have managed to stay pretty ripped, just keep on that diet. I’m recovering from a broken ankle, while I couldn’t walk (I can walk again now) I was putting in like 2 hours a day of lap swimming as well as lifting upper body, pull-ups etc.

It’s going to take me a few months to get back to the dall sheep hunting shape I was in but I’ll get there.

I'm 39 and have a six pack.

It's just hiding under 30 pounds of fat.

Never been shredded, but the best shape I was ever in was at 33(now 38) and from the neck down looked Damn fine.

If you want to party and have a nice physique it requires a good deal of dedication. Or roids. That works too.

Hell no, not since I was 16 have I been "ripped". Now Im an old man with a gut, but still got decent muscles.

Back