Anyone here genuinely regret starting TRT?

Bodybuilding is a perfect example because in bodybuilding you can't be competitive without taking drugs and compromising your health. I don't want to take PEDs and if someone else is then they have an advantage over everybody else.

Don't try to deny that some guys aren't going to try to take a higher dose of T before the competition. Vitor was supposedly on trt also so you can claim he had crossed the line but the line is not clear and set in stone.

I'm proud that I only need food and water to train. I don't need to supplement more test than my nuts produce naturally.

Maybe it's a matter of perspective, but this makes no sense to me. By your definition,my wife is on peds and would be a cheater (if she trained and competed) because she takes a thyroid medication. It replaces her bodies lack of hormone production. The same as a proper trt program should. It's not cheating to use drugs to make your body's hormone levels normal in my opinion. It's actually the responsible thing to do; again, in my opinion.

No problems with libido, still looking after girls, still having the drive to lift heavy weights, just finished a 2 hour BJJ / Stand Up Striking session......
Look at Helio he made his last kid with 64 and even with 90 he looked pretty manly and I doubt he ever took TRT;-)

I try to optimize my magnesium, zinc and vitamin d levels, take Maca, but I wouldn´t put TRT for years in my body......

A pretty famous doctor in Germany who wrote several books about optimizing the blood says he would just use a little bit of testosterone maybe twice within 2 weeks minimal doses just to push the body to start his own production. That´s something I would may try if I would feel bad but taking it for years would be to dangerous for me.......

No problems with libido, still looking after girls, still having the drive to lift heavy weights, just finished a 2 hour BJJ / Stand Up Striking session......
Look at Helio he made his last kid with 64 and even with 90 he looked pretty manly and I doubt he ever took TRT;-)

I try to optimize my magnesium, zinc and vitamin d levels, take Maca, but I wouldn´t put TRT for years in my body......

A pretty famous doctor in Germany who wrote several books about optimizing the blood says he would just use a little bit of testosterone maybe twice within 2 weeks minimal doses just to push the body to start his own production. That´s something I would may try if I would feel bad but taking it for years would be to dangerous for me.......

Good for you, everyone is different.

Now, what the pretty famous doctor said about it is to inject twice a week For life testosterone, in small doses, which is what trt is, twice a week is done to keep blood levels stable, so you don’t go in a roller coster. If you think he said twice in one week and never do it again, well you got it wrong or he has absolutely no clue what he’s talking about, you cannot push your body to produce testosterone by injecting testosterone, that will active the negative feed back, basically what you will do is inject testosterone, and your Hypothalamus will halt the production, or depending on the dose, at least your hdpta will be suppress...that’s ridiculous and goes every all scientific material available about trt and all possible logic

Look, I’m not saying everyone needs trt eventually in their life, some people are fine, some people are also fine at 50 60 70, some are not even at 20... it’s an illness, simple as that.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a matter of perspective, but this makes no sense to me. By your definition,my wife is on peds and would be a cheater (if she trained and competed) because she takes a thyroid medication. It replaces her bodies lack of hormone production. The same as a proper trt program should. It's not cheating to use drugs to make your body's hormone levels normal in my opinion. It's actually the responsible thing to do; again, in my opinion.
What does she take?

Armour is weird. It's pig thyroid. Why regular t4 didn't work for her?

Right genuine quistion i live with my grandad hes recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer would trt be of any benifit to him ?
Your asking this on a MMA website..... gtfo

I don’t know, but having below 300 ng/dL has nothing to do with labs trying to sell you testosterone... and all to do with feeling like shit...

The problem with your clients was not that they went on trt, was that they werent comfortsble with being hooked with the regimen for life. Of course you are going to go through shit if you quit trt... and you mention for a year... what happend after a year? If they got tested and prescribed trt, they would still feel like shit, after a year 2 years or 10...

Perhaps hypothetically.

But in real life while it did often take 9-12 months by the end of that point we had their stamina, mood, and libido stabilized and better than before the hormone therapy began. Blood tests were also coming back within normal range (often on the lower side but within normal range).

You're also ignoring a pretty serious phenomenon which is that labs don't fake tests, agencies recommending guidelines are lobbied by special interests to modify guidelines in ways that can allow sales to higher portions of the population. The medical industry in the US is not without corruption by money and sales are a major driving factor in policies. While the pretense is always science, the papers used to develop guidelines are written from the data set in the way that will best promote arguments lobbied for by those who sell the drugs.

A slightly low lab value in an asymptomatic healthy individual should not be a basis for hormone therapy or many other prescription therapies. The history of medicine is riddled with cases of people who were seriously harmed when they were overtreated for non issues. There is substantial political and marketing pressure going into convincing our generation of men that buying hormones forever is the only thing that will keep them virile.

Perhaps hypothetically.

But in real life while it did often take 9-12 months by the end of that point we had their stamina, mood, and libido stabilized and better than before the hormone therapy began. Blood tests were also coming back within normal range (often on the lower side but within normal range).

You're also ignoring a pretty serious phenomenon which is that labs don't fake tests, agencies recommending guidelines are lobbied by special interests to modify guidelines in ways that can allow sales to higher portions of the population. The medical industry in the US is not without corruption by money and sales are a major driving factor in policies. While the pretense is always science, the papers used to develop guidelines are written from the data set in the way that will best promote arguments lobbied for by those who sell the drugs.

A slightly low lab value in an asymptomatic healthy individual should not be a basis for hormone therapy or many other prescription therapies. The history of medicine is riddled with cases of people who were seriously harmed when they were overtreated for non issues. There is substantial political and marketing pressure going into convincing our generation of men that buying hormones forever is the only thing that will keep them virile.

Dude, if you are hypogonodal, then no short treatment will get you normal,May be there’s a big conspiracy and labs are faking test, but if you have low endogenous test production for real, the Only treatment for that is trt.

It’s not theoretical, it’s a proven fact.

That it is not to say that some people may feel fine even At low range of test, there are more things involve with libido that just plain test, dopamine for example. So may be some guys will feel fine at the low range, and some will not.

Last edited:
Drugs in sports are considered cheating because it forces people at the highest levels to make compromises. Plenty of people would prefer not to take drugs. Not many people would choose not to have more money or better coaching or a professional chef.

It's that simple.

Drugs in sports are considered cheating by many because the subterranean understanding that is often implicit in the sorts of arguments used but that the people oft may not be explicitly conscious of even themselves is the sense that sports are tests of male virtue/hereditary fitness and if someone 'hacks' the test with exogenous aids that can have implications for the reproductive futures of the tribe particularly wrt mate selection dynamics (ie, 'false advertising').

See also debates over plastic surgery.

img3.jpg

Last edited:
in reality, even hitting 40s shouldnt be a problem if you are a healthy human being.

now, it also depends if you wnt to be a rock start at your 40s, or want to live like a normal 40 years old man.

I would chose all day to be a rockstar, life is too short so fuck it. (as a matter of fact, I have already)

I agree you can def maintain your natural levels into your 40s and even beyond.

My dad is pushing 57 and still a lean but muscular 215 at 6’4 (imagine Jones with 15-20 pounds less muscle and at 12-14 percent bf not 10).

He is an athletic freak though (fast twitcher at 6’4), it really does seem like his Test levels have barely diminished.

Dude, if you are hypogonodal, then no short treatment will get you normal,May be there’s a big conspiracy and labs are faking test, but if you have low endogenous test production for real, the Only treatment for that is trt.

That it is not to say that some people may feel fine even At low range of test, there are more things involve with libido that just plain test, dopamine for example. So may be some guys will feel fine at the low range, and some will not.
There are ways to naturally boost test. Get more sleep, lift weights plus a little cardio, reduce stress, get enough sunlight, get your diet on point. Plus there are periods where your test will be lower. The answer is not always to accept that your body is deficient and start injecting yourself.

There are ways to naturally boost test. Get more sleep, lift weights plus a little cardio, reduce stress, get enough sunlight, get your diet on point. Plus there are periods where your test will be lower. The answer is not always to accept that your body is deficient and start injecting yourself.

Yeah, you can “boost” it if your a healthy human been, if your balls dont work, you are not. Do you guys really think it’s a fun idea to inject yourself for the rest of your life. Think about this... 3 times a month, for 12 months for 30 years... that’s 1.080 pins, it’s not fun.

Your testosterone production will go a little up a little down depending on several factors, but if your healthy will always stay in a healthy range, the test has to be done in a certain hour, specially to have a good reading of free test. Also, before going into trt you must at least have 2 readings, some doctors do not, some do, I double checked and said fuck it, I’m going into trt...

All this testosterone boosters are just a big scam, nothing is going to push your levels on a healthy range if you are suffering from primary hypogonidosim.d

Last edited:
lol -- you guys need to grow up. Tons of BJJ players in all divisions and genders are using TRT. Get over it.

I like how a guy named "Robocock" is lecturing someone about the wonders of all natural male hormone levels

Well considering your risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer, high blood pressure etc. all more than double when using testosterone is enough to stay away for me.

Testosterone has a direct effect on the immune system and I’ve seen steroid users get sick almost every winter too. Granted they are def on a higher dose with multiple compounds

Well considering your risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer, high blood pressure etc. all more than double when using testosterone is enough to stay away for me.

Testosterone has a direct effect on the immune system and I’ve seen steroid users get sick almost every winter too. Granted they are def on a higher dose with multiple compounds

Heart desease strokes ? Where are you getting this from? Trt is not related to any of that... hardcore steroid use is, not the same.

Heart desease strokes ? Where are you getting this from? Trt is not related to any of that... hardcore steroid use is, not the same.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...-depth/testosterone-therapy/art-20045728?pg=2

What are the risks of testosterone therapy for normal aging?
Testosterone therapy has various risks. For example, testosterone therapy may:

• Contribute to sleep apnea — a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts
  • Cause acne or other skin reactions
  • Stimulate noncancerous growth of the prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and growth of existing prostate cancer
  • Enlarge breasts
  • Limit sperm production or cause testicle shrinkage
  • Increase the risk of a blood clot forming in a deep vein (deep vein thrombosis), which could break loose, travel through your bloodstream and lodge in your lungs, blocking blood flow (pulmonary embolism)
In addition, testosterone therapy may impact your risk of heart disease. Research has had conflicting results, so the exact risk isn't clear yet.

Honestly I feel like they are being pretty conservative with the risks and side effects too. TRT is a low dosage so it’s less risk, but it’s still there

Back