Anyone here think Donaire will beat Frampton?

HardasNAILZ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Or is he finished?

Actually really looking forward to this one!

WAR DONAIRE

You mean at boxing ?

No way in hell.

Frampton needs to get seriously outboxed. Donaire at his best was a great puncher and ridiculously accurate but his boxing was average. At this point he isn't that accurate and he doesn't outweigh his opponents that much so I don't know how he is supposed to win.

I mean, a puncher of Donaire's caliber will always have a shot

but no, realistically not. When both were at 122 I would probably favor donaire, but now? he's too far gone.

Donaire post Rigo is not the fighter we came to know when he looked great, just has never been able to consistently win/look good against solid comp since.

Donaire hasn’t looked great above 118. Gotta go with Frampton.

Even with Frampton looking all kinds of average in his last fight, it would be tough to see. Frampton has never showed to have a particularly bad chin, and I don't think Donaire has the boxing ability or workrate to beat Frampton over 12 on the cards at this point in his career.

Oh, my heart certainly does, but my mind knows better. Donaire has the puncher's chance, but Frampton can box from the outside pretty well against larger guys so he should - if he sticks to the script - box him up.

I love Donaire, and props to him for taking this fight but, he’ll need an act of God to beat Frampton...who I also love :)

Back