Anyone know anything about cars?

One of the things I learned about cars recently is that some of them use eco-friendly soy based plastic that rats and squirrels love to eat and the damage ends up making the brand new cars stop working.

It's used in wiring and mice love it.

An older E class Mercedes. No one wants them because the posers want newer ones. Just remember, mileage is only part of the story - cars age just sitting there (rubber parts, etc.)

I ended up buying a 2015 TLX. Test drove that and a Lexus ES 350. They felt pretty much the same only the TLX was $5000 cheaper.

This was my first experience buying a car from a dealer. I almost got up and left when talking with the "finance manager" Tried to up sell me on these shitty paint protection or tire warranty bullshit. I told him about 10 times I didn't want any of those things and would like to just finalize the deal I made with the salesperson. He acted surprised and said "Wow every good engineer I've ever sold to bought these things" Then he refused to take my credit card for the down payment(my parents used a credit card for the down payment at the same place last year) and insisted a paid with check, which I able to go and get(he was surprised a 30 year old had checks). Just a real piece of shit.

I was just thinking the other day, you see a lot of old Toyotas on the road, but zero Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable. A lot of old Toyota trucks, not sure about old American trucks. Says something about reliability.

I was just thinking the other day, you see a lot of old Toyotas on the road, but zero Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable. A lot of old Toyota trucks, not sure about old American trucks. Says something about reliability.
The Taurus/Sable had the 3.0L Vulcan, the Ranger had it as well. The camshaft synchronizer has to be replaced by 120k miles in those motors. If it fails, the oil pump stops spinning and the motors blow up.

Back