Anyone laugh at the irony of Fedor jumping into Werdum's guard years ago, but avoiding Sonnen's?

LTorino

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
That fight should have been over in seconds, with Sonnen turtling after he got put on his back

he wasn't trying to jump into werdum's guard, he threw werdum's legs over and tried to pass to the side, but werdum's hips were faster.

It wouldn't feel like irony as much as living and learning.

The irony of a person learning from his past mistakes? so Ironic. This thread says alot more about your dumb thought process than fedor's previous follys.

Um, irony absolutely fits; Sonnen typically gives up on his back easily, whereas Werdum is as good as it gets off his back.

Fedor was fearless then, just leaping into the fray, pell mell, believing his power and speed would overwhelm everyone. And hey, it worked real well... until it didn't.

Time and losses humbles a man.

he is older and knows he is not as good on the ground as he once was... is normal

I think fedors camp sucks. They seem so out of touch with the current landscape of fighters and prepare fedor with the worst gameplans. There's a video of khabib running to fedors corner, it seemed he was pleading with fedor to take maldonado to the ground and wrestle him, but of course fedor just brawled the whole fight. Would love to see fedor train in Dagestan with sambo fighters again, instead of fucking holland.

I think fedors camp sucks. They seem so out of touch with the current landscape of fighters and prepare fedor with the worst gameplans. There's a video of khabib running to fedors corner, it seemed he was pleading with fedor to take maldonado to the ground and wrestle him, but of course fedor just brawled the whole fight. Would love to see fedor train in Dagestan with sambo fighters again, instead of fucking holland.

I don't think Fedor really trains that much anymore. He surely isn't trying to refine his craft anymore. I think his camps are more about being in fighting shape than anything to do from gameplanning or working on his MMA game.

He has been just wild inside the cage/ring for years now.

I don't think Fedor really trains that much anymore. He surely isn't trying to refine his craft anymore. I think his camps are more about being in fighting shape than anything to do from gameplanning or working on his MMA game.

He has been just wild inside the cage/ring for years now.

I can understand declining athleticism/skill but with age he should gain wisdom, which has not been the case, his fight IQ has actually worsened and that can be attributed to bad coaching. Fedor's chin is shattered, he should be strongly advised to take any grappling/positional advantage that presents itself to minimize risk of a flash KO happening again. He couldve finished Chael via TKO if he had jumped into his guard after the first knockdown instead of letting him back into the fight and doing so later, it was baffling.

Big Nog's guard was once "feared" and Fedor found it to be a cozy home.

There's nothing ironic about avoiding the guard of a gangster.

Just like Alanis Morrissette, you have no idea what irony means!

Fedor cannot consistently grapple anymore. It is his body. Not some fault of his camp or him just randomly deciding that Sambo, which was one of the most important things in the world to him, was something he should just stop doing and worrying about. He tries to take people out with handspeed and power, because that is what he has left. He can have moments in his grappling, but you will always see him stand back up as quickly as he can. That is because his body doesn't do what he tells it to very well for very long. It comes with age and injuries.

Welcome to 2009

Back