Anyone listening to the new A Perfect Circle album?

I am going to pre-judge it before listening to it, and guess that it’s probably in 3/4 (6/8) and gloomy.

Listened the other day

Honestly it was dissapointing.

Some cool moments.. Felt like Maynards lyrics werent very good tbh. Music was awesome.

I dont think the evil anti jesus shit is working for him these days. Ill try it again but it was just too depressing for me

being an adult is good. adult alternative tho is what kenny g is to jazz. I wish people would try broadening their musical reference points.

being an adult is good. adult alternative tho is what kenny g is to jazz. I wish people would try broadening their musical reference points.
Yeah for real

50 year old rich guy singing about depressing shit is not cool

apcheader.jpg

In the first minute Maynard had already reminded me of what an incredible singer he was/is. He sounds barely recognizable at one point-- almost like a female started singing. Then he returns to a more familiar voice resonance.

It blew me away, reminding me what a voice by itself can do, and the fact that hearing a caliber of voice like this sing something familiar for 10 years isn't the same as listening to it sing something new, unfamiliar, where you don't even know if you like it yet, but you know that you're far more interested to hear what comes next, to stay in the stream of that sound, to not be separated from it.

I also love how APC layers the instrumentals underneath it. No ego. They understand how it works: what they're building. Everything they do gives him more thrust. These are musicians' musicians, like hired guns, and yet their understanding is precisely why they're so popular and well-known to us laymen.

Since we're on the Dog-- the obligatory throwback.

This man is a personal hero of mine:
Rock star Maynard Keenan comes home to help MCC wrestling team
maynard_keenan_boone_alway.jpg

Saw them live earlier this month that was like my 4th or 5th time seeing them live. They are Amazing live. Did some stuff off the " Mer De Noms " album.

<Oku03> .

I find it kinda bland at points, I like the intro to Disillusioned but as it progresses it becomes a little lacklustre and Thanks for All the Fish sounds like a mediocre U2 song. I don't dislike the whole album though and I've been playing a lot of TalkTalk, but the live version on Jimmy Kimmel packs a more punch than the studio version. Overall, it's OK but really doesn't quench my desire for new Tool material.
Also, the album cover sucks.

Back