Anyone not impressed by Holloway?

Not impressed?

- 12 fight win streak, longest in UFC Featherweight history
- Wins over Jose Aldo (FW GOAT) x2, Cub Swanson, Jeremey Stephens, Ricardo Llamas, and Anthony Pettis.
- Most significant strikes landed in FW (1163), #5 overall in all weightclasses.
- Strikes landed per minute (5.53) with most knockdowns in Featherweight history (8)
- His destruction of Jose Aldo (FW GOAT) was one of the most masterful performances in MMA history along with one of the biggest one sided beatdowns I have ever seen.

He is only 26, and has nearly cleaned out the division.

Not excited?

26.gif

strike-volume-3.gif
TalkativeImmediateKittiwake.gif

tumblr_o8a3xrqhFo1rofocqo1_500.gif

tumblr_oi0azo41wX1r7vh24o1_540.gif

xT8qB0sJy6TqjgBE7S.gif

Max+Holloway+Guillotine+Chokes+Andre+Fili+UFC+172.gif

When he pointed to the ground when the ten second indicator went off and went full sockem I knew he would win the belt one day!
Been my favorite fighter ever since.

He wrecked Aldo twice. If that's not impressive then what is?

I mean, I dont' know, I don't find him all that exciting or great, volume puncher, young and got a good heart, and great at moving in and out and throwing combinations, but nothing I haven't seen before.

I find Francis exciting, Cormier/Jones at LHW, Rockhold, Romero, Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi exciting at MW, Maia, Thomson exciting at WW, etc...

And how is Mousasi unique?

I mean, I dont' know, I don't find him all that exciting or great, volume puncher, young and got a good heart, and great at moving in and out and throwing combinations, but nothing I haven't seen before.

I find Francis exciting, Cormier/Jones at LHW, Rockhold, Romero, Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi exciting at MW, Maia, Thomson exciting at WW, etc...
Francis' technique is trash ... he just hits hard in a div full of bums and corpses. Rumble was a sparring partner of his and he agrees. Holloway actually went through a long ass line of legit competition to earn his title shot then destroy the FW GOAT twice(though i still think Aldo should have thrown more leg kicks like his coach kept telling him).

I'm impressed, but he relies on his chin way too much. He's extremely hitable. Aldo is shop worn and generally speaking has always lacked punching power. Max won't get away with that for long imo.

i don't think he relies on his chin, because it was pretty clear, he could've just danced the rest of the fight and owned Aldo from the outside until it Aldo was really done.

i think he DOES make a conscious decision to mix it up in exchanges in order to make the fight more exciting. while it is dangerous for him to do so, i can't complain because he makes what could be one-sided Mayweather type striking clinics into absolute classics, like his 2nd fight vs Aldo and his fight with Lamas.

You find Maia, Jacare, and Mousasi exciting....but not Holloway? Lol weird/

Francis' technique is trash ... he just hits hard in a div full of bums and corpses. Rumble was a sparring partner of his and he agrees. Holloway actually went through a long ass line of legit competition to earn his title shot then destroy the FW GOAT twice(though i still think Aldo should have thrown more leg kicks like his coach kept telling him).

I think you are blind

I can't say I agree with you at all. Dude has been on my radar as a great fighter before he even began his championship run. He's definitely been impressive, if you're not liking his aggressive fighting style I'm not sure what you're looking for out of a fighter.

Dude wins 11 fights in a row in one of the toughest divisions and stops the GOAT twice and this kid isn’t impressed?

I think you are blind
And His actual sparring partner who's a UFC veteran is blind? Cause I'm basically quoting him
Or you pretending like Francis' last 2 win aka his 2 greatest accomplishments, are not against dying old chinless farts. Just cause they have name value, doesn't mean jack shit.

It is you whose bias blinds him/her.

Top 10 fighter in the UFC, always looks for the finish, great won streak, defending champion. What's not to like?

He impresses me in some ways, but I'm not as hyped up about him as some people here, and Rogan, seem to be.

Holloway is the future featherweight GOAT, and fucking entertaining, who else points to the mat in the end of fight that's already in the bag, and just slug it out for the remaining of the round.

Sounds like a boring run of the mill hater who makes threads like these to rile people up. Weak.

Honestly. What is the actual threshold for mods to hand out punishment lately? It's not the same as when I joined.

Back