Anyone try the Modern Leg Lock Formula Instructional ?

Not directly thread-related but is leg lock related.

Any thoughts on this video?

This is on amazon for 97$ now

I liked it slightly better than Danaher's leg lock set but both are outstanding

I'd love these Morden boys and techniques try against ken shamrock or funaki or suzuki

I'd love these Morden boys and techniques try against ken shamrock or funaki or suzuki
tbh ken wasnt that great of a leg locker lol even for his time frank was better. imanari ,dean lister were the guys back then

tbh ken wasnt that great of a leg locker lol even for his time frank was better. imanari ,dean lister were the guys back then
No way at frank
Ken taught him everything every time they grappled ken won
And leg locks especially that's all he did was lower body

No way at frank
Ken taught him everything every time they grappled ken won
And leg locks especially that's all he did was lower body

It was a different time then mate. Back in the old days of "grip and rip" for the leg locks.

Those guys were pioneers, but The guys these days lock them in differently and maintain control differently.
You control the position lock it in and then apply the leg lock. You tap or the knee goes bye.

In Kens era you feel the pain and escape or tap. In this era it doesn't even hurt and then you feel the knee just go.

I grew up watching all those guys fight, but the guys these days are on a whole different level.

It was a different time then mate. Back in the old days of "grip and rip" for the leg locks.

Those guys were pioneers, but The guys these days lock them in differently and maintain control differently.
You control the position lock it in and then apply the leg lock. You tap or the knee goes bye.

In Kens era you feel the pain and escape or tap. In this era it doesn't even hurt and then you feel the knee just go.

I grew up watching all those guys fight, but the guys these days are on a whole different level.
I just think ken has so much knowledge in catch as he learnt from funaki suzuki fujirwara and he did train with legend Karl gotch once
Bjj rules they get out grappled but who has more knowledge about leg locks than the pioneers and masters of it. Bjj guys didn't know much about lower body
Ken has purest American lineage ever . Gotch fujirwara funaki

They would hold their own just leg locks
Best guy would be funaki as he's better than ken
Man I love the old school leg lock guys but we have to be realistic. if they got into a leg lock only match with guys like Cummings, Gordon, or Tonon, they would get inverted heel hooked.

I just think ken has so much knowledge in catch as he learnt from funaki suzuki fujirwara and he did train with legend Karl gotch once
Bjj rules they get out grappled but who has more knowledge about leg locks than the pioneers and masters of it. Bjj guys didn't know much about lower body

The guys now have taken the knowledge from the pioneers and perfected it. I learnt the basic leg locks years ago and used to have pretty good defence from all the basic heel hooks and knee bars.
I train now and I just get locked in and tap straight up. It's so much more positional based than it used to be. You basically have to tap or take career ending injury.

The guys these days are so much better than in the past and that's ok. They have the pioneers to thank for that.

Just like in all sports the overall level constantly improves and the athletes are getting better and better.

And Oscar Robertson was a better basketball player than LeBron. Hey, he averaged a triple double for a full season, he must be!

Man I love the old school leg lock guys but we have to be realistic. if they got into a leg lock only match with guys like Cummings, Gordon, or Tonon, they would get inverted heel hooked.

It was a little heartbreaking to watch Imanari vs. Cummings.

The guys now have taken the knowledge from the pioneers and perfected it. I learnt the basic leg locks years ago and used to have pretty good defence from all the basic heel hooks and knee bars.
I train now and I just get locked in and tap straight up. It's so much more positional based than it used to be. You basically have to tap or take career ending injury.

The guys these days are so much better than in the past and that's ok. They have the pioneers to thank for that.

Just like in all sports the overall level constantly improves and the athletes are getting better and better.

This gets me worried. I am getting close to black and I can do kneebars and ankle locks but I have zero knowledge of the leglock meta. Hell I learned how to do an estima lock yesterday from a YT video. None of the guys at my school know shit about leg locks.

If my move to 10th planet goes according to plan it will be fun being humbled again. Getting my ass tossed by the wrestlers and my legs destroyed by the leg lock guys.

This gets me worried. I am getting close to black and I can do kneebars and ankle locks but I have zero knowledge of the leglock meta. Hell I learned how to do an estima lock yesterday from a YT video. None of the guys at my school know shit about leg locks.

If my move to 10th planet goes according to plan it will be fun being humbled again. Getting my ass tossed by the wrestlers and my legs destroyed by the leg lock guys.
Dude you're good. Most people that are brown belts still don't know the new leg lock stuff that well. You're far from alone.

The meta has evolved so rapidly everyone is trying to catch up. I've been the "leg lock guy" since I was a blue belt, but at black I'm still having to relearn the new and more efficient ways the youngsters are doing things.

Back