Anyone used a Sous Vide to cook?

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Apparently the jist behind it is you heat water to whatever temp you want your meat, say 155, then put the meat in a vacuum bag inside the water and eventually though convection the meat will become the same temperature without any worry of over cooking.

Does anyone have a sous Vide cooker? and how do you like it?

Step 1: Buy Raclette Grill

kf-77073-swivel-raclette-black-optional-compressed.jpg

Step 2: Tank me

I did it once, and this was the result

img_3417.jpg

it is all the rage right now. Healthiest way to cook, blah, blah, blah.

I have not tried one yet but I have had foods prepared in that manner in restaurants. And I am a kitchen gadget guy so eventually I will likely have one.

sousvide-supreme-water-oven-system-11-liter-psv-00179.jpg

Just got one but haven't used it yet.

I've had steak cooked using it and it was the most tender thing I've ever ate.

Right now I am still playing with my relatively new Steam Oven. Man does it cook great fish and veggies. So moist.

steam-oven-hero.jpg

I cook stuff sous vide all the time. It's my go to method for cooking meat. The sous vide cooker that I have is the Anova Culinary Precision Cooker and I like it. Before I bought that I would cook sous vide on the stove top which works, but it can be a pain to keep the temperature where you want it.

I've had one for over two years now. I cook steak and chicken with it mostly 1 to 4 times a month. It is awesome!

The best steaks I've ever had were sous vide. If you are willing to drop 600 on a grill, you should easily buy 150 worth of sous vide stuff.

it is all the rage right now. Healthiest way to cook, blah, blah, blah.

I have not tried one yet but I have had foods prepared in that manner in restaurants. And I am a kitchen gadget guy so eventually I will likely have one.

sousvide-supreme-water-oven-system-11-liter-psv-00179.jpg
Is it healthy? Cuz in school(culinary art institute) we always sous vide by adding massive amounts of butter and fat.

Is it healthy? Cuz in school(culinary art institute) we always sous vide by adding massive amounts of butter and fat.

Personally I don't add any butter or oil, or if I do only a little bit. For example with steak I usually just season with salt and pepper then bag it up and cook.

I haven't but interested.

Even after you cook it in the pouch, you still have to sear it in a pan. Basically, you go from a 10-15 minute cook time to a 2 hour cook time.

Even after you cook it in the pouch, you still have to sear it in a pan. Basically, you go from a 10-15 minute cook time to a 2 hour cook time.

All steak should be seared no matter what. I was actually texting my gf about this because she said almost the exact same thing. with 30 minutes left you put the stove on high and throw the iron cast pan on to heat it up. No big deal.

Um, you can't sear hot meat. You're just burning it.

Back