Anyone wait until today to file taxes?

Most people over pay. Tax day is about reconciling what you owe vs what you've paid. Here in the US, the government only cares if you owe. If they owe you, they're happy to have your money and have you forget about the whole thing.

I wouldn't wait until today. It's really too easy with the internet to get all the forms together. Anyone with a modern computer and cursory internet skills can do it.

Credit Karma does it for free. Both Federal and State.

Did the evil doers attack the IRS website in response to the joint missile strike?

personal_data.png

Did mine Sunday morning drinking my cup of coffee.

I started mine on the weekend, then got so triggered I stopped.

In sort, Justin's BS giving poor people money for their kids that replaced all of Harper's giving non-poor people money for their kids fucked me but good.
I never noticed any difference from what Harper gave for child tax credits and what Justin gave.

I usually owe, getting some back this year due to losses from Harvey.

Finally finished them just now had to get all kinds of shit together for the loss documentation and add it all up.

I’d rather I had to pay again than to have to go throb the shit with losses and get money. And I’m getting less than I spent fixing everything obviously

Filed the second half of my taxes today. Expecting a fairly hefty refund.

It is the deadline for filing taxes in the US today and the IRS filing site is down or has been. I filed quite a while back even though I owed money. It seems that they have last minute troubles every year. People can still print copies and mail them. They might extend the deadline too.
I did my taxes in March. Got a huge check. I need to adjust my contributions.

I'm getting 2400 back. I'm so paying off my credit cards and taking the wife to a nice steak dinner!

tenor (1).gif

The IRS extended the deadline because of website trouble. They don't want the mailed in returns.

The IRS extended the deadline because of website trouble. They don't want the mailed in returns.

What's the new deadline?

Just asking, I already took care of mine in January

I never noticed any difference from what Harper gave for child tax credits and what Justin gave.

lol seriously?

Harper:
1. everyone got the dependent(child) credit
2. everyone got the child fitness/arts deduction
3. income splitting all fuckign day bro!!!

Justin:
1. only poor people get the dependent(child) credit
2. eliminated child fitness/arts credits, and simply replaced it by sending poor people tax free cash each month, up to $600 every month if you are poor
3. eliminated income splitting.

Wife and I would get back $8K-ish under Harper, and for 2017 we are getting $3.8K.

Back