Television Anyone watching Ozark? (Season 3 - March 27)

I liked it at first but it seemed a really sh!tty portrayal of the people of the Ozarks who are really going through it right now. Kinda kicking them when they're down.

I find all Netflix shows to be overrated as fuck and I can't get through a few episodes. They can't compete with HBO. Is this any different?

Couple episodes in and this is pretty solid so far. Jason Bateman is a solid actor so it's good on his strengths alone.

I liked it at first but it seemed a really sh!tty portrayal of the people of the Ozarks who are really going through it right now. Kinda kicking them when they're down.

What do you mean?

New netflix show starring Jason Bateman. Its a pretty dark show about a financier who is laundering money for a mexican cartel, shit hits the fan and he has to go to this place called Lake of the Ozarks. Getting a real Breaking Bad vibe, only two episodes in but it seems super solid so far.

Just finished ep 5. Thanks for starting this thread. Best show currently on after Better Call Saul imo. GOT's drop in quality for the last 3 seasons puts it below Ozark.

Got through this and it's a great show. It's like breaking bad meets justified. Obviously not equal to breaking bad but it reminds me of that's shows background, characters and style while in the justified setting

I'm bingeing it as I type this... I only have one episode left. It's a good show with a good cast of characters. It's not Breaking Bad, but it doesn't have to be...

I'm a fan of pretty much anything Jason Bateman. Even Teen Wolf 2, though only because of nostalgia and not quality.

I find all Netflix shows to be overrated as fuck and I can't get through a few episodes. They can't compete with HBO. Is this any different?

The myth of HBO's shows has got to be one of the biggest myths in entertainment. Other than Game of Thrones, what kind of spectacular shows have they made in, say, the last five years?

The Sopranos was a long time ago.

The myth of HBO's shows has got to be one of the biggest myths in entertainment. Other than Game of Thrones, what kind of spectacular shows have they made in, say, the last five years?

The Sopranos was a long time ago.
The night of was really good

This show has an audience, but it isn't me.

It was made for people that don't care at all if the plot or characters make sense, or if the actors are even remotely good.

It hits all the cliche notes we've seen a thousand times, and it hits them poorly.

Someone early in this thread mentioned Justified, which was an insult to that fine show. You want to see a version of Ozark that is fantastic? Watch Justified. It does everything Ozark does, only a hell of a lot better.

Can you explain what you consider cliche?

The night of was really good

I thought it started well but got progressively shittier as it went. By the end I was barely hanging on.

Westworld was interesting but I kind of got bored with it about halfway through and still haven't gone back to finish.

Big Little Lies was pretty good but still not great.

I think that Netflix, AMC and FX have all produced shows that have surpassed anything HBO has done in the last five years, except for GoT.

Just finished the show last night. Pretty good. 8/10.

First episode really got me interested, but episodes 3 through 5 got a little boring such that I wasn't sure I'd make it through, but then it picked up around episode 6 onwards again.

My wife is 37 weeks pregnant. The scene at the end with the priest and his baby, my wife just about fainted.

I thought it started well but got progressively shittier as it went. By the end I was barely hanging on.

Westworld was interesting but I kind of got bored with it about halfway through and still haven't gone back to finish.

Big Little Lies was pretty good but still not great.

I think that Netflix, AMC and FX have all produced shows that have surpassed anything HBO has done in the last five years, except for GoT.
Westworld did drag a bit in the middle of the season, but it picks up big-time the last few episodes.

I loved that show

Westworld did drag a bit in the middle of the season, but it picks up big-time the last few episodes.

I loved that show

I'll have to go back and try again.

It seems like they're taking fucking FOREVER to get the second season produced.

Back