Television Anyone watching Ozark? (Season 3 - March 27)

The production of that show was ridiculous. Doesn't seem like something that can be rushed

Yes, but I mean Jesus, the first season premiered over a year ago today.

For fans of any show a year feels like a hell of a long time to wait for the next season. To have to wait OVER a year just seems crazy.

For fans of any show a year feels like a hell of a long time to wait for the next season. To have to wait OVER a year just seems crazy.
What other shows have ever had production like Westworld?
very very few. I think fans of the show are willing to wait for a quality product.

Obviously you arent a big fan or you would have finished it.

I have no problem with waiting as long as it holds up to season 1. which I think is going to be really hard to do

The myth of HBO's shows has got to be one of the biggest myths in entertainment. Other than Game of Thrones, what kind of spectacular shows have they made in, say, the last five years?

The Sopranos was a long time ago.

Some would argue Westworld, and Season 1 of True Detective.

Still though, yeah, HBO hasn't been collectively hitting it out of the park for quite some time.

I'm on ep 6, and I find myself saying "why the fuck did he tell them that...". And cos of that, I'm getting pissed off. Should finish it by end of the week as I'm doing an ep a night. I'm a pussy like that.
I've been stuck on epi6 for about 4 months,keep meaning to get back to it,but end up watching shit I've already seen at the same time I'm fucking around on here.....may have to rewatch from the beginning...great show though,Bateman is pretty good.

Still though, yeah, HBO hasn't been collectively hitting it out of the park for quite some time.

I'd agree with True Detective S1. That shit was great. Too bad S2 was the exact opposite of it.

I'm not saying that HBO can't put out good shows--they obviously can--but this myth of "regular cable can't touch HBO" is simply that, a myth. AMC and FX have both produced shows that are better than quite a bit of what HBO has put out over the last decade.

Game of Thrones is every bit the big production that Westworld is and HBO has managed to get each new season out in a timely manner.
I'm pretty sure I've read that Westworld is actually far more expensive as far as production costs goes. They also don't have books or a story to go further on. There's not really a comparison here. Imo the first season of Westworld was some of,if not the best Tv I've ever watched. You sort of seem to be reaching to hate on a show you just didn't get in to

Its no different than a sequel to a movie coming out a little later. I can wait for quality.

I'm not sure but I remember hearing they will time the second season of Westworld to coincide with the last season of GoT so it gets a lead-in bump.

So it's probably less "it takes so long to make" than "we're not making it yet just to have it sit in the can all this time".

I'm not sure but I remember hearing they will time the second season of Westworld to coincide with the last season of GoT so it gets a lead-in bump.

So it's probably less "it takes so long to make" than "we're not making it yet just to have it sit in the can all this time".

You might find this interesting:

http://mashable.com/2017/08/28/when-does-will-game-of-thrones-season-8-premiere-start-finale/

They're not the first I've seen to predict a 2019 premiere. If in fact that's correct, and Westworld waits, then it could end up being three years between S1 and S2 of WW.

So can someone that knows explain the difference between a redneck and a hillbilly?

Watched season 1.

*SPOILERS*

Laughed a lot at the part where the wife goes to see about paying for a funeral. She comes back and husband says "howd it go?" And she responds "we own a funeral home now" and he's all like "of course, of course we do".

Loved this.. the wife fucked me off just like Skylar.. idk maybe I just hate women.. the last episode was quite shocking.. really liked the drug lord

The myth of HBO's shows has got to be one of the biggest myths in entertainment. Other than Game of Thrones, what kind of spectacular shows have they made in, say, the last five years?

The Sopranos was a long time ago.

Ballers :)

So can someone that knows explain the difference between a redneck and a hillbilly?

I can't guarantee this answer, so I'm not who you asked for but...

Redneck is a farmer level dude. Trucks, shotguns, that kind of thing.

Hillbilly is Deliverance Kid sitting on a porch playing banjo, giggling at the impending sound of you squealing like a pig.

Boardwalk Empire still qualifies in the 5 year territory.

Boardwalk Empire still qualifies in the 5 year territory.

Not sure how many thought that was top tier though. I liked it, but they shot themselves in the foot with season 2's finale. They didn't leave themselves with much to do after that.

Not sure how many thought that was top tier though. I liked it, but they shot themselves in the foot with season 2's finale. They didn't leave themselves with much to do after that.

While the show might've been better in seasons 3-5 if Jimmy had remained it was still a really good show. Bobby Cannavale was a good villain in season 3.

Luckily I still have access to my ex girlfriends netflixs, will definetely be checking it out.

I can't guarantee this answer, so I'm not who you asked for but...

Redneck is a farmer level dude. Trucks, shotguns, that kind of thing.

Hillbilly is Deliverance Kid sitting on a porch playing banjo, giggling at the impending sound of you squealing like a pig.

Sounds like being a redneck is better than a hillbilly to be honest. Not sure why the hillbillies took so much offence at being called rednecks.

Sounds like being a redneck is better than a hillbilly to be honest. Not sure why the hillbillies took so much offence at being called rednecks.

Because rednecks are housebroken.

Back