Anyone watching "The Terror" on AMC? - Ciaran Hinds is in it..

It would be sort of weird to name the series "The Terror" for its second season since it will have nothing to do with the ship of the same name

Binged this a couple weeks ago, I really enjoyed it, very good historical movie, like everything felt authentic (monstermash aside) this era of exploration and stuff has always been fascinating to me because the men that went on these journeys had no clue if they would return home.

I thought Hickey was a great villian, mostly because the real villain of the show was Hinds/Harris competing leadership. The optimist vs the bitter realist, really cool stuff. The relationship between the crew felt real too, each character felt fleshed out even if they only got a couple lines in.

Harris was great throughout, as was the wannabe-doctor, hell everybody in it was solid.

Opening credits are my favorite though, so ominous and menacing, the actors faces blowing away to reveal skulls, just sooo creepy and eerie, proabbly the best credits I've actually been wowed by since True Detective season 1.

Will also say that the Jarred Harris was fantastic, even just his general performance aside I was super impressed by his accent as Francis Crozier. I didn't know Harris was english at first, so when I started watching I was like "is this guy from here...?", so googled it and Crozier was from Banbridge! So Harris' accent was mostly really good playing someone from that part of the world.

I just saw some scenes for the next episode. Apparently all the snow has melted, and everything has thawed. Are these guys retarded? Just head south back down to civilization.

do you know what happened to sled dogs when there is no game.

What do you mean by game? You mean game animals. Well in the trailers for the next episode all the ice, and snow has melted. They should just walk back.

What do you mean by game? You mean game animals. Well in the trailers for the next episode all the ice, and snow has melted. They should just walk back.
do you know what a arctic desert is? Just because there is no snow or ice doesn't change the fact it's below freezing. All that flat land is just what's left from a glacier nothings melted then you throw in that there is nothing to stop the wind.

do you know what a arctic desert is? Just because there is no snow or ice doesn't change the fact it's below freezing. All that flat land is just what's left from a glacier nothings melted then you throw in that there is nothing to stop the wind.

Still these are hardy 1800s men, not 2000s millennials, and transgenders. I sure they can handle the trek down south.

It would be sort of weird to name the series "The Terror" for its second season since it will have nothing to do with the ship of the same name

I thought so too. I guess they just wanted to make it more recognizable.....or maybe so my DVR will automatically record it when new shows start with the same name ;)

Back