Anyone who says Led Zeppelin stole their music GET IN HERE

They did steal a lot of their early songs, but they’re still the GOAT rock band. That’s how good they are

You first.
I'm not the one that tried to humble brag about being in garage bands for the last 30 years and moronically point to that as evidence of your deep understanding of the music business

And I also didn't try to discredit one of the greatest guitarists of all time's opinions by pointing to two covers that were rightly attributed to their composer, as if that's even in the same universe as actually stealing someone's work and telling everyone you wrote it.

Lol, just stop

I'm not the one that tried to humble brag about being in garage bands for the last 30 years and moronically point to that as evidence of your deep understanding of the music business

And I also didn't try to discredit one of the greatest guitarists of all time's opinions by pointing to two covers that were rightly attributed to their composer, as if that's even in the same universe as actually stealing someone's work and telling everyone you wrote it.

Lol, just stop
Actually you were the one who implied you had some sort of information that I don't have. Please divulge.

I didn't discredit Hendrix as a guitarist. I pointed out the hypocrisy of his criticism of a band who achieved more than he could have dreamed.

Yeah this is definitely one of the worst for me along with Black Mountain Side being very similar to Bert Jansch's arrangement of Black Waterside although even then you could say that really Dazed and Confused even in its early studio version is more about the jam/solo in the middle, Page would have been within his rights to claim co authorship IMHO.

As you go past the first album though it becomes less of an issue, The Lemon Song is a bit of a Killing Floor ripoff on the second but Whole Lotta Love and Bring It On Home are mostly original tracks with some blues references in them. Stuff like When The Levee Breaks and In My Time of Dying are again almost entirely original arrangements of old blues tracks.

Generally I tend to think they don't quite get their due in terms of musical ambition as well, perhaps because a lot of it tended to be in a live setting with long version of stuff like Dazed and Confused and No Quarter, they did actually release a studio version of the time of work they did live in the latter on the Presense remaster.

Missed opportunity not to call it "Lick my love pump" IMHO.

In the beginning they stole a lot of their riffs and style from blues. But by the time Led Zeppelin III rolled around I'd say they coined one of the best original sounds ever. The just had to rip off blues music for a couple albums to get there.

Led Zep III has some of the most obvious examples of musical, ahem, "borrowing"....but that's one of my favourite albums, they should have provided credit on the songs they did steal/borrow from, but that doesn't undermine their overall achievements.

Actually you were the one who implied you had some sort of information that I don't have. Please divulge.

I didn't discredit Hendrix as a guitarist. I pointed out the hypocrisy of his criticism of a band who achieved more than he could have dreamed.
Ehh, Hendrix achieved alot, and died young so he didnt really have a chance to do more.

I like both artists alot. Its always people who have zero musical knowledge that accuse bands of stealing music.

Plant, Page, Bonham, and Jones were amazing musicians and you are dumb as hell if you dont think they could write music

The music they are accused of "stealing" were old folk tunes with nobody around to pay royalties or credit.

The Animals never get accused of stealing House of the Rising sun

Back