Anyone with some Insider Info know if Darren Till is a right handed southpaw?

I was surprised to find Jimi Manuwa and Bisping are both left handed orthodox fighters. It made more sense afterwards when rewatching some of their fights.
You can see it worked for Jimi a lot. His fight with Corey Anderson caught Corey off guard with that powerful left hook. I think, as a fighter, you should study where your opponents dominant hand comes from.

Don't some fighters use both stances 50/50? TJ Dillashaw seems comfortable in both almost like he is ambi-dextrous.

I'm a left handed orthodox fighter. I like the ferocity I can put in a leading jab. I rely on torque and hip movements to put power into an overhand right in orthodox. I also feel an uppercut from the strong hand is better if coming from the lead.

Darren Till? No idea. He comes across like a natural southpaw.

Lol left handed orthodox is ever been the harder to figure out to me :D
I mean, southpaws are evil and should be killed, but at least when you fight one you know you have to adapt
Be it a right handed that fight like a fencer or one of these left handed motherfuckers
You're like yeah, let me figure it out how to punch this dude skull

But with left handed orthodox you start assuming it's going to be a "normal" situation, then the dude got hard af jabs LOL
Add that the lead game of an orthodox feel less dangerous, wich only open to get punished more lol
And the rear being used less takes you more try to understand if he got his best hand leading or if he's just that powerful overall
Last but not last trap/suffocate his dominant arm work much much less than vs a right h southpaw, because you engage your left with his left (so it's oblique instead frontal) and you can't unleash your right on his skull(wich was the point to begin with) well because his head is positioned all on your left, far away from your right

At the end you end up try to impose a rear hands war, but works strange having to worry about heavy jabs, it become a lot like parry bomb parry bomb lol

I think if Till was right handed Southpaw, his jab would be better even better.

I can see till exploding at WB like Woodley did once in each fight, but more regularly, that is how he will win, don't give WB the range to kick

but if WB does win I wouldn't be shocked

either way I don't think this is going to be a boring fight.....heres where it is now though

Till constantly switches stances, though. His style, posture and body type is very similar to Conor's, and he switches a lot too. Till's left appears to be the dominant one, which he sets up with the right, just like Conor does.

There are those who prefer to lead with their strong hand/leg. Jerome Le Banner, former K-1 great was a notorious right handed southpaw. His lead right hook was devastating.

Lol @ the notion that anyone in this cesspool of a subforum would know who JLB is....

Personally, I use my left hand to write, eat with a spoon/fork and jerk off.

But I use my right hand to throw a ball, throw a punch, lift something.

As a kid when I used to skateboard it was all fucked up too. I had some weird stance.

Goofy and mongo haha?

I always assumed your lead hand was your jab.
So do many people, until they walk into a lead right hook that has way too much power to thrown from a natural southpaw.
It is common for strikers, specifically those who are counter-punchers, to have their dominant hand forward.

To some, like myself. It feels more natural. I move better, It feels better.

Countless fighters both in boxing and MMA have been right handed southpaws. Marvin hagler was a right handed southpaw, the Diaz bros, Winky Wright, oscar de la hoya, Cotto was a left handed orthodox. Lomachenko Is a right handed southpaw as well.

It really depends on the person.

I wonder why this is. Must be something in the brain that makes some fighters prefer leading with their strong hand. For me it feels beyond awkward, and I don't think I could ever make my bad side as good as my good side regardless of training.

So do many people, until they walk into a lead right hook that has way too much power to thrown from a natural southpaw.
It is common for strikers, specifically those who are counter-punchers, to have their dominant hand forward.

But then you become a one handed fighter because your off hand becomes ineffective in the rear and your dominant hand losses the steam it would have had since the dominant leg used to power it is now in front. Basically, you'll have no set-up punch and your power shot losses some power.

Only thing you could do is look for an opening. So if you have good timing, I suppose it'll get you far, but as you age and your reflexes dim, you'd wish you'd had good fundamentals. You'd also have a lack of defense, but I guess a good offense is a good defense in some cases.

Is Conor really right handed? i mean the guy only punches with the left and its got massive power. He'd be killing guys with his right hand if its his dominant one.
Pacquiao is a right handed southpaw as well.

Goofy and mongo haha?
Yea, Mongo lol.

Goofy is actually a normal stance. The only difference is that you have your left foot laying at the front of the board instead of your right. But both Goofy and Regular push the board using their back foot.

Mongo isn't a "real" stance. It's when you use the foot that lays on the front of the board to push the board instead of using your back foot.

I wonder why this is. Must be something in the brain that makes some fighters prefer leading with their strong hand. For me it feels beyond awkward, and I don't think I could ever make my bad side as good as my good side regardless of training.
I'm not sure honestly. There's definitely something we don't understand about It though. When I used to play baseball as a kid though, they 'd always ask me if i was left handed because I hit from the opposite side.

Yea, Mongo lol.

Goofy is actually a normal stance. The only difference is that you have your left foot laying at the front of the board instead of your right. But both Goofy and Regular push the board using their back foot.

Mongo isn't a "real" stance. It's when you use the foot that lays on the front of the board to push the board instead of using your back foot.

Haha yea i know man. But i had a mate who was goofy and mongo, which was the most obscure way of skating imaginable.

I'm goofy myself which makes southpaw a little easier in someways i think.

Haha yea i know man. But i had a mate who was goofy and mongo, which was the most obscure way of skating imaginable.

I'm goofy myself which makes southpaw a little easier in someways i think.
Oh it get lol. Indeed Goofy and pushing mongo must be the most weirdest way to skate. <45>

Back