Anything interesting in WWE today?

HBK is one of the top 3 wrestlers of all time
giphy.gif

2vuf.gif

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

EssentialLazyCavy.gif

snoopy-laughing-gif-9.gif

Yeah, I definitely don't remember fat guys moving like that. His looks are deceiving.
This looked like light heavyweight division that was back then, there were some really light Japanese guys that did this stuff.

So his in ring skills make his fans kinda forgive him for being boring on the mic?

He’s probably the best guy on the mic in the WWE.

I think you’re trolling us.

@warriorscomeout no I'm not trolling.
This segment I put in the OP, it was the first time I saw him/heard him speaking.
Yes I did HW, I know now he was a WWE champion etc. So? It doesn't make this segment any better. He was horrendous.
If you can show me any place where he shows better acting, be my guest.

And what's the problem with Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels?

He’s probably the best guy on the mic in the WWE.

For 2018, sure. Compare him to most of the AE guys, and he would barely get noticed. Owens merely doesn't sound like a complete muppet on the mic. That's the standard for promos today. If they aren't absolutely cringe inducing, they're amazing.

Damn, and there are a lot of people that like it. Grown up people, not kids.
I'd honestly enjoyed circus more.

Well, to be fair, there is some entertainment value to the sheer performance of it all. They are undeniably incredible athletes, doing some pretty crazy shit. Without compelling stories and characters though, it ain't worth much.

You wouldn't even know if there are great matches now. They're so overproduced, it's too distracting to watch.

Regular WWE is mostly bad but NXT is very good. You might enjoy it. Sign up for a month/quarter free on the Network.

OK, I like this one! Wrestler metalhead!
I remember Headbangers, but they were just a joke. Pissed me off actually back when I was a kid and metal was pretty much my life.

But...but...why does he SPEAK?! He should be MUTE!!!!
If he doesn't speak, he would be like Undertaker.... :(

Kevin Owens entertains me pretty much every time I see him on screen, despite the fact that the creative they saddle him with is garbage. Other than that, the product is pretty rough right now outside of him and maybe Seth Rollins. I'm probably going to let my WWE network sub ride until SummerSlam and then cancel.

KO, Braun, the chicks are hot, NXT takeovers are always good (mainly because they have so much time to set their matches up but still), Sam Zayn, Elias are the best parts of the show.

Ronda Rousey. I'm not trolling, she's had her slip ups and looked awkward at times but if they can keep her like this while she continues to improve the sky is the limit. Pretty good chance that her and Flair's daughter who arguably had the two best matches at wrestlemania headline next year against each other. Fans might even welcome it given what a likely men's main event could be. If you're going to watch anything from this years wrestlemania , it should be the two of those and the ic triple threat which I admit was a bit of nothing feud.

This match over delivered too but skip to 14.00 if you want the angle part.

So yeah good chance you don't like her and won't give those a chance but you might check out the other thing that I'm looking forward to. Like you I feel like the level of promos have completely fallen off a cliff and it's not just down to overscripting like some suggest in my opinion. The miz is one of the only guys more orientated towards talking and character. He and Daniel Bryan had a storied rivalry from a few years back, with db entering the company as his understudy, eventually going on to main event wrestlemania before he was forced to retire.

In the time that he was gone the miz has revitalised his career and a new spark came in their rivalry.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4SLA4HYp0
Fast forward to this year Bryan gets cleared and many people have different first time ever five star classics that they want to see. But for me I'm dying to see that grudge match at a big ppv.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHobbiH4I4g

Ronda Rousey. I'm not trolling, she's had her slip ups and looked awkward at times but if they can keep her like this while she continues to improve the sky is the limit.

Yeah, her promos need work, but her in ring presence and attitude is great. She looks like she's into the match, and doesn't come off like she's going through the motions and pretending to be a character. There is a natural authenticity to how she emotes in the ring, and you believe it, which is rare these days. Only other wrestler today that down, is Brock.

She needs to stop with the "Oh' my gosh, I'm so happy to be here!" attitude during her entrances, and work on her line delivery a bit in promos, but her in ring stuff is gold.

Yeah, her promos need work, but her in ring presence and attitude is great. She looks like she's into the match, and doesn't come off like she's going through the motions and pretending to be a character. There is a natural authenticity to how she emotes in the ring, and you believe it, which is rare these days. Only other wrestler today that down, is Brock.

She needs to stop with the "Oh' my gosh, I'm so happy to be here!" attitude during her entrances, and work on her line delivery a bit in promos, but her in ring stuff is gold.
Vince might have lucked out in this regard. She's probably too much of a mark to ever betray him in the first place. Even if she wanted to I heard that she was a terrible actress and I doubt she ever returns to mma. I'm sure there are things she could do but they don't jump out at me.

Back