Anything interesting in WWE today?

It sucks. Don't waste your time. The entire roster is a bunch of charisma vacuum vanilla midgets.

giphy.gif

2vuf.gif

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

EssentialLazyCavy.gif

snoopy-laughing-gif-9.gif
You a fucken retard or what?

Not really but I am not the target audience anymore.

The suspension of disbelief is gone. Everyone talks about their "characters"/no one keeps kayfabe, heels high-five fans and show up at make-a-wish events, internet/social media exposes everything.

Even when I try to suspend disbelief, all I see is everything being too heavily scripted/choreographed with no improvisation or "working" anymore, too much focus on silly comedy shit that isn't that funny, Roman Reigns being shoved down my throat, eight thousand rematches, etc.

Independent wrestling/Japan is more interesting to me but even in these shows I see a lot of no selling and guys kicking out of a hundred finishers.

We need someone to come along with some capital to start a new promotion that re-invents pro-wrestling. Emphasis on charisma and in-ring work but without the hollywood writers scripting every promo and choreographing everything that happens in the match. Stay in character at all times or get fined. We don't need the days of 10 minute headlocks back but at least sell the big moves and try to tell a good story. /rant.

Hi guys,

I'm 30+ years old and last thing from WWE I remember was Stone Cold, Kane, The Rock being bad guy and Generation X.
Of course I heard about big names than came after - I know John Cena, and I see some Roman Reigns related t-shirts, memes and stuff - but I did not follow.

So fro my understanding, WWE now STILL appeals to grown up audience.
So I found this segment, and I don't understand why, or how, grown up people watch it:

Maybe this is not a good example?

Can you guys please send me some segments that really represent WWE of today?

Thank you

Solid promo, in my opinion.

Been a fan for decades, and still continue to watch RAW and PPVs on a regular basis.

It's ok if you don't like it anymore, especially after following it for a decade, or more.

Two things I believe about today's WWE product:
  1. There's an oversaturation of it with RAW, SmackDown, silly DIVAS shows, monthly PPVs, etc.
  2. Superstars today are 100x better athletes than the stars we grew up watching.
Inb4 itsstillrealtomedamnit.jpg

Ronda Rousey. I'm not trolling, she's had her slip ups and looked awkward at times but if they can keep her like this while she continues to improve the sky is the limit. Pretty good chance that her and Flair's daughter who arguably had the two best matches at wrestlemania headline next year against each other. Fans might even welcome it given what a likely men's main event could be. If you're going to watch anything from this years wrestlemania , it should be the two of those and the ic triple threat which I admit was a bit of nothing feud.

This match over delivered too but skip to 14.00 if you want the angle part.

So yeah good chance you don't like her and won't give those a chance but you might check out the other thing that I'm looking forward to. Like you I feel like the level of promos have completely fallen off a cliff and it's not just down to overscripting like some suggest in my opinion. The miz is one of the only guys more orientated towards talking and character. He and Daniel Bryan had a storied rivalry from a few years back, with db entering the company as his understudy, eventually going on to main event wrestlemania before he was forced to retire.

In the time that he was gone the miz has revitalised his career and a new spark came in their rivalry.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4SLA4HYp0
Fast forward to this year Bryan gets cleared and many people have different first time ever five star classics that they want to see. But for me I'm dying to see that grudge match at a big ppv.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHobbiH4I4g

I actually....hmmm....you know what?Despite her overplaying, and looking not better than her opponents (at least it seems like that), I see that Ronda really loves it and is really, really loved.
I mean the crowd meets her with ROARS.

Actually WWE might elevate her better than UFC ever did...

Hulkster is back in as of today.

I actually....hmmm....you know what?Despite her overplaying, and looking not better than her opponents (at least it seems like that), I see that Ronda really loves it and is really, really loved.
I mean the crowd meets her with ROARS.

Actually WWE might elevate her better than UFC ever did...
It's early days and they have plenty of time to fuck it up but for now they're doing as best as they can with it.

With the first match yeah she was protected in with two veterans and Stephanie a rare character that is actually hated. But the second match she was in with someone that a lot of us see as average at best and that turned out to be her best match so far.

Well, HBK is now bald
Other than that...
Bri still can’t wrestle

Back