Apocalyptic Numbers: The Saudi-Trump War on Yemen

Who was President three years ago? And what role does Iran play in this war?

Who was President three years ago? And what role does Iran play in this war?
https://www.veteranstoday.com/2017/...ner-and-bannon-to-approve-botched-yemen-raid/

Trump relied on Da Kush and Gin Blossoms Bannon which got our troops killed. BTW the President 3 years ago would not approve that raid.
Gin Blossoms was for it to watch the world burn and Da Kush needed to get loans from the Saudi's which is why he wanted the raid. Da Kush needs to come up with a billion by the middle of next year, and why not help the House of Saud, so they can throw a couple hundred million his way. Trump was busy eating McDonalds and approved it because Da Kush and Gin Blossoms thought is was a good idea.

One thing this Yemen bullshit has shown me, is the House of Saud only has to wave money in front of this President(or at the least his dead beat son in law) to get what they want, at least Obama would fuck with the HOuse of Saud a little bit.

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2017/...ner-and-bannon-to-approve-botched-yemen-raid/

Trump relied on Da Kush and Gin Blossoms Bannon which got our troops killed. BTW the President 3 years ago would not approve that raid.
Gin Blossoms was for it to watch the world burn and Da Kush needed to get loans from the Saudi's which is why he wanted the raid. Da Kush needs to come up with a billion by the middle of next year, and why not help the House of Saud, so they can throw a couple hundred million his way. Trump was busy eating McDonalds and approved it because Da Kush and Gin Blossoms thought is was a good idea.

One thing this Yemen bullshit has shown me, is the House of Saud only has to wave money in front of this President(or at the least his dead beat son in law) to get what they want, at least Obama would fuck with the HOuse of Saud a little bit.
They disliked Obama quite a bit. Not as much as Israel, but there was still friction. Because Obama was actually a strong leader.

So you support a terrorist state and their terrorist operations?

This must be some sort of meta-comment, where you ironically call attention to the fact that the 9-11 guys were all Saudis, our ‘allies’ who we are helping blast Yemen into dust for no good reason.

Fucking lulz at washing US hands clean of all this. The US ruined Iraq, ruined Iran, ruined Afghanistan, ruined Libya, supports the genocide of the Yemenis through arms, support and money but noooo blame the poor people who were tired of corrupt officials taking everything while they starved?

Pray tell me why the US should be supporting killing 5000 children in a one sided slaughter.

Tell me bruh, why do you think the CIA said 9/11 was blowback?

ruined Ukraine dont forget that. then funded neo nazi fascists and blamed putin. also bombed serbia to hell and help funded jihadis in balkans and in kosovo to break off from serbia. sure bunch of african countries we forget
In what universe did I imply they were innocent? I'm pointing out that supporting the struggle of the Yemeni people is a whole lot better than the US supporting the Saudis.

If they could help the Yemenis smuggle bombs into Saudi Arabia to take out some barracks or police stations then I'll give Iran an old fashioned fist bump.

i did not get that. i dont know english first. Iran is helping them do that but at same time Iran goal is to use the people against saudi arabia so it a shit situation both side.

Holy shit how is this a peaceful country? School shootings, church shootings, gang violence. Several of our cities are incredibly dangerous. Chicago, Trenton, New Orleans, St Louis etc etc (and I love all those cities outside of Trenton as I've never been, but there's plenty of sketch to be found)

Holy shit how is Yemeni slaughter not our problem when you and I are paying for it? That blood is on our hands, but at least I acknowledge it.

Tell me if this sounds familiar.

https://www.thenation.com/article/blowback/

As to trying to play at my emotions, I support curing cancer, I support punishing drunk drivers, I almost died from a dog attack when I was 2 and I've had reconstructive surgery so I'm real goddamn supportive of people being responsible dog owners, I support removing hazards that are harmful to children. I also support not fucking supporting a war against a civilian population with our tax dollars.

Also fun fact bro.

In 2016 the US had 3.85 gun deaths per 100,000
Yemen had.....1.43! So your little painting of the Yemeni people as these backwards murdering savages was actually less than the US, what might that tell you?

Well then why don't you just move to Yemen? I am pretty sure you're not typing this from a Yemeni cyber cafe. Buy yourself a plane ticket and go!

But who was President three years ago when this started? And did President Tough Guy put his foot down with those dastardly Saudis or just bow to them? And what role has Iran played in this conflict?

obama_bow_1381505c.jpg

But who was President three years ago when this started? And did President Tough Guy put his foot down with those dastardly Saudis or just bow to them? And what role has Iran played in this conflict?

obama_bow_1381505c.jpg
Trump-curtsy-saudi.jpg

This must be some sort of meta-comment, where you ironically call attention to the fact that the 9-11 guys were all Saudis, our ‘allies’ who we are helping blast Yemen into dust for no good reason.

You've always seemed to be pretty informed in regards to the Middle East.

What are your thoughts on this civil war and US involvement?

This shit is going to result in blowback actions in the future, and frankly it will be hard to blame them. A shame they lack the resources to take the fight to the Sauds. Look at how the Kurds blow up police stations and shoot up barracks inside Turkey.

Hard to imagine this isn't going to result in attacks against the US in the future.

With 70% of the population under 30, high unemployment, economic inequality, and a generation that is not used to war, could the blowback be internal?

What happens when we are on year ten of this campaign and Saudi mothers are no longer willing to send their boys off to Yemen?

Yemen treats women like shit. They are/were routinely the worst offender for women's rights in the world. They have a terrible track record with child marriages. They have a terrible track record with human trafficking. Just an awful country even before any of this war. I feel bad for the people struggling, but the entire country needs a reboot.

Stop trolling my thread, dumbass.

You wanted to bring something to the public's attention regarding violence in Yemen. I am a member of the public. I commented on the matter which you described in the OP. I am not "trolling" your thread. I have merely stated a point of view which you disagree with.

They disliked Obama quite a bit. Not as much as Israel, but there was still friction. Because Obama was actually a strong leader.
C'mon, man , look beyond partizanship. This is more than only Trumps fault

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia has targeted Yemen’s Shia Houthi militias and their allies, loyalists of former President Ali Abdullah Saleh, who two years ago seized the Yemeni capital Sanaa by force. Several months later, they drove the Saudi-backed President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi into exile. When Saudi King Salman announced the intervention in Yemen—an intervention the kingdom has painted as a proxy war with Iran, its regional foe—the White House immediately authorized a support package that included intelligence-sharing and logistical support for military operations. That package has seen the United States deliver more than 40 million pounds of fuel to Saudi jets over the past 18 months, according to U.S. Central Command. The Saudis would be crippled without direct U.S. military assistance, particularly aerial refueling, which continues unabated.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/09/yemen-saudi-arabia-obama-riyadh/501365/

I know it feels better to blame the other side ( that may or not have been worse). But in all honesty this is an American problem in more than just one party/president.

With 70% of the population under 30, high unemployment, economic inequality, and a generation that is not used to war, could the blowback be internal?

What happens when we are on year ten of this campaign and Saudi mothers are no longer willing to send their boys off to Yemen?

Perhaps and that raises a point I hadn't thought of, but that's wildly dependent on how the war is going in Yemen in ten years. They just bought a shitload of weapons from the USA.

You've always seemed to be pretty informed in regards to the Middle East.

What are your thoughts on this civil war and US involvement?

The war is terrible, and there’s probably not much to be done to fix things, but the Saudis are only aggravating the situation. The US doesn’t seem to be making a real difference in the war besides providing public support for the Saudi campaign. I’m not really under illusions about the US having much impact either way, but it’s an immoral war and there’s no reason for the US to be involved besides placating the Saudis.

The war is terrible, and there’s probably not much to be done to fix things, but the Saudis are only aggravating the situation. The US doesn’t seem to be making a real difference in the war besides providing public support for the Saudi campaign. I’m not really under illusions about the US having much impact either way, but it’s an immoral war and there’s no reason for the US to be involved besides placating the Saudis.

Do you have any good articles you think are worth reading on the situation outside of the OP?

Isnt this the same 29 yr old ruler who promises to make SA a more progressive place?

Yes, didn't you hear. He let women drive, so of course he is progressive.

This is definitely not an example of how social progressive issues are used to distract from things that actually matter.

Back