Aqua Punching Bag 12" Head Hunter Review

Hi,

Any advice on hanging the 12"headhunter from a beam in a house. I was thinking of using climbing rope rather than buying the hanging kit. Does it make a lot of noise when hit or does it absorb well? Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Any advice on hanging the 12"headhunter from a beam in a house. I was thinking of using climbing rope rather than buying the hanging kit. Does it make a lot of noise when hit or does it absorb well? Thanks for any help.

It absorb the impacts really well. Also with a climbing rope, the noise should be minimal unlike with the chains.

This thread just saved me about $50. There's absolutely no question the Aqua Training Bag is just a repurposed Taylor Made Tuff End buoy. The available sizes are the same for both products. The nozzle is the same. Even the markings and branding around the hoop section atop the bag are the same. Everything is the same.

So I got a 15-inch Tuff End Buoy from JMS Online Marine Supply (www.jmsonline.net) for $48, including shipping. I spent about $20 on a shackle, swivel and two carabiniers, and force-fed water from my hose into the hole without a water balloon nozzle. Pretty tough to find one of those in a dollar store in the Northeast on the edge of winter. No problem filling the bag other than my arms and feet getting a little wet.

JMS had the best price, and its service was incredibly fast. I got my buoy/bag in two days.

Aqua sells the same sized bag for $99, and it includes a swivel and chains. With shipping, the cost probably would be around $110-120. So I saved a cool $50. Stoked! Thanks again for the detective work that determined the Aqua Bag is a Taylor Made Tuff End buoy.

12247096_10206936285997501_4892058563566819269_n.jpg
You can order them from Walmart all sizes.

I just bought the 15" Bad Boy Blue Aqua Bag from Amazon.ca. I will review once I get it.

My main concern is how to hang it. I have a finished ceiling in the basement so not sure how to locate the floor joists above as they are covered by the ceiling. I ordered the one for 99.99 that comes with the chain but I may also switch to using climbing ropes if it is too loud.

stay tuned :)

Hey guys, been out of the forum since it changes its format...

Since then I bought a 15" Taylor made tuff end buoy and its exactly the same as the Aquabag. I think 15" is awesome. It moves a bit but can take the uppercuts like a champ. Not too heavy to take off its chains as well.
Hey where did you find one here in Canada?

Thanks my fellow Canuck!
Did it work without modding the hole to put water in?

You are welcome

I took a funnel (one with a long and slim end) and gradually put water in the buoy while it was hung. I did not have any other options as I was in my workplace gym.

As long as it's hung, you can fill it with the hose and a funnel. Make sure you let some air out. It's a bit messy but its worth it lol.

Anyone know how to fix a dent my aqua bag has? I never filled out. Its very annoying.

Anyone know how to fix a dent my aqua bag has? I never filled out. Its very annoying.
That's strange... It doesn't go away when you fill it up more?

Indentations in the bag are to be expected when it's not completely filled with water (and all the additional air is squeezed out). You probably already know this. If it's a problem with the shape of the plastic itself, you can probably send a picture to the company and, have them replace it if it's inhibiting the bag's performance.

That's strange... It doesn't go away when you fill it up more?

Indentations in the bag are to be expected when it's not completely filled with water (and all the additional air is squeezed out). You probably already know this. If it's a problem with the shape of the plastic itself, you can probably send a picture to the company and, have them replace it if it's inhibiting the bag's performance.
I'll try to fill it up more and see if it fixes it. I bought it on Craigslist.

I'd just like to point out something aside from/tangential to the current subtopic, and that is that GGG loves to use his Aqua 9" bag fully filled with no give. He likes to swing it on a long chain from the ceiling and then smack the hell out of it with a right when it comes back towards him. There's more than one way to use these things I guess (also different preferred uses/fill-settings for different sizes)

I am definitely interests in getting one of these bags, just to use as sole bag mainly for fitness. I am not sure if I should go for the 12" or the 15" I am going to hang it from a powerack so not sure if the 12" will move too much, also the 15" comes with the hanging train so seems a bit more of a bargain. Any thoughts appreciated

Go with 15". 12" will move a bit to much. I had the 2 of them and the 15" is ideal.

I have the 12" and 18" and I prefer the 18". So if it's a choice between the 12" and 15", I'd go with the larger one.

Of course, but the 18" at 120lb could be too heavy depending on the heavy bag stand. Aqua bags are, unlike women, bigger the better lol

Anyone have issues with tears forming in their Aquabags?

My 12" is fine and I've had it for almost two years now. But in the last year and a half, I've gone through three 18" ones because they've formed tears and leaked. I've tried varying the amount of water I put in because I suspected the first one tore due to having too much slack, but my more recent bag tore after being pretty solidly filled (with hardly any room for the shell to bend or fold) but to no apparent avail...

Man you busted 3 18" aquabag !!!!?? You must punch like a truck.

Never heard of this happening.

Haha, YES!

Idk, man. Fortunately, I've only had to pay for the 18" bag once...

Back