Movies AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 8 - Good

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 7 - Pretty Good or Fairly Good

• 6 - Decent

• 5 - Average

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • 2 - Terrible

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 1 - Abysmal

• Total voters
The problem with the X men movies was they were either great - X Men, X2, First Class, DOFP, Logan - or utter dogshit - Last Stand, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix. There was no middle ground.
The Wolverine was the closest to middle ground but mostly agree with the rest of the list.

Though I can rewatch Last stand but never really want to watch xmen origins, apocalypse or Dark phoenix.

Thought it was enjoyable if not great. I was expecting a lot worse, so I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't completely awful. Starts out slow, but the last half was fast- paced and fun. Only real conplaint was getting hit over the head again and again with the whole climate change/global warming narrative.

The Wolverine was the closest to middle ground but mostly agree with the rest of the list.

Though I can rewatch Last stand but never really want to watch xmen origins, apocalypse or Dark phoenix.

agreed. Final battle in Last Stand, the titular Last Stand, I guess, is pretty entertaining in my opinion. Plus Grammer was great as Beast in my view.

But otherwise it’s a subpar movie. And it was never really going to be given much latitude because any time a sort of iconic comic story is bungled or seriously truncated, people are going to be very critical.

Still, I like it better than the others you mentioned. And I’d rather watch The Last Stand than rewatch The Wolverine, which, even though I like Mangold and it’s probably an overtly better film, I found to be a bore.

I expected total crap, so was surprised it was ok. Middle ground - just a popcorn flick.

The Amber Hear scenes were jarring. She got a lot more airtime than I was expecting and I kept thinking about turds floating in the water whenever she came on - not even trying to be funny. Her acting is wooden and she has zero chemistry with Momoa. I liked Patrick Wilson and Momoa as actors.

Give it a 6.5.

Last edited:
Watched this yesterday as part of a tripper dipper(with Iron Claw and that adorable duck cartoon Migration) and enjoyed it very much, it was way better than I expected, a pretty solid entry into the superhero movie cavalcade
Fun, charming heroes, decent villain, really cool underwater kingdoms and battle arenas, good monsters above ground and below the water, CGI was terrible at some parts and decent at others, all in all a fun action packed roller coaster ride that offered nothing new and wont revitalize a sagging genre but this movie was good enough to kick off a new DCEU instead of just helping the old one go out with a whimper
5.2 Thumbs Up Outta 7

Box office update:

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom earned a paltry $27.7 million in its first 3-day weekend and $40 million for the 4-day weekend.

International box office was significantly higher with the film earning $80 million, giving the film a total of $120 million.

Box office update:

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom earned a paltry $27.7 million in its first 3-day weekend and $40 million for the 4-day weekend.

International box office was significantly higher with the film earning $80 million, giving the film a total of $120 million.
With all the reshoots the movie had to do the budget of the movie was 205-215 million. If you consider that the movie theaters keep nearly 50% of the ticket sales its going to probalby have to do over 500 million just to break even. A movie that had a 27.7 million opening box office during a holiday weekend seems like a disaster, its going to probably take a huge dropoff in week 2. Maybe some of the 2nd week dropoff will be lessened by that also being a holiday weekend but I don't think so. I think the few people who wanted to see the movie already saw it. I haven't seen it yet since I went and saw The Iron Claw instead but I have little interest in seeing it. Maybe in January if there is nothing else worth going to see I might go see it during a weekday matinee.

Honestly. Wasn't terrible. Imo better than any Marvel movie since last Spiderman. Maybe on par with last Gaurdians. The Momoa Wilson dynamic made the movie.

Was surprised how much time Heard got on screen . Not saying she's a bad actress but her being in it effected movie in a bad way as everytime you see her all you can think about is the trial so it takes from the story.

All in all tho not terrible. Probably the best movie they done since suicide squad for DC.

This movie was so bad that I was confused as to what the thought process was when they were drafting this. There was so much going on, and so much of it was pointless.

The tone was all over place, and the jokes were numerous and cringe like some of the more recent Marvel movies. It was basically just Jason Mamoa being Jason Mamoa for 2 hours.
Making him a father/family man was a bizarre choice considering how little Amber Heard's character spoke in the movie. It felt like she was his silent bodyguard, not his mother. The story just felt very unnecessary considering the main focus was on him building a relationship with his brother. The main bad guy was incredibly generic and forgettable, so it felt like a movie from 20 years ago.

The character hadn't earned this movie yet. We just barely were getting to know him as a character.

Apparently Gunn is starting from scratch. .ight be a good thing but really wasted alot. Hope they keep Suicide squad the same tho. They just left alot of meat on that bone. Only good movie since 1st WW was "The Batman" . I think they keep that same
yay, more remakes

Found a way to watch this for free because fuck Amber Heard and Momoa.

Story was all over the place. Just another generic superhero movie with absolutely no stakes or additions to the overarching DC universe. A waste of time honestly. Not recasting Heard, even for her limited role, was a mistake fans can't forgive. Can't imagine there being another one.

Found a way to watch this for free because fuck Amber Heard and Momoa.

Story was all over the place. Just another generic superhero movie with absolutely no stakes or additions to the overarching DC universe. A waste of time honestly. Not recasting Heard, even for her limited role, was a mistake fans can't forgive. Can't imagine there being another one.

I get fuck Amber but what did Momoa do?

I made two mistakes last week.

Wednesday night I watched The Marvels.
Thursday night I watched Aquaman: ATLK.

Friday, I drank both of those sorrows away.

Love your reviews, gives a poster a chance to see movies through different eyes sometimes. And it is not just a case of superhero fatigue...but both of these movies were awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back