AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually comic book fans always eat crow with their constant bitching about casting.

QuickSilver in the New X-men movie

The Joker in The Dark Knight= Heath Ledger

Captain America = Chris Evans

Thor= Chris Hemsworth

IronMan, and yes, I remember people Bitching about Robert Downey Jr.

Wolverine= hugh jackman

Comic book fans need to learn to STFU, and wait for the movie to come out before judging.
nope negative fan boy buzz creates attention and you get people that either stay bitter or eat crow

The pics aren't as drastic as I thought, but my opinion on this still remains.

Aquaman shouldn't be nearly as big or strong as Superman. It ruins the perception of his supposed strength. After all, he's always been known as the strongest of all Superhero's alongside the Hulk. Seeing Aquaman this huge will just look weird on camera and make it harder to believe in the idea of a Superman on Earth.

If anything, Eisenberg and Momoa should've had their roles reversed. That would be more believable (comics wise) that what Snyder has done.

Bane is bigger than Superman, who would win in a fight? You for some reason think muscles = super strength. I don't know why some you guys want Lex Luthor to be some intimating bodybuilder/super genius/businessman. What is Luthor with more muscles going to do to Superman? intimidate him? please.

I hope Henry Cavil(superman) does not stand next to Brock Lesner because it would be unbelievable for me to believe he is superman.

I don't care either, hell they could have gone with Kaldur'ahm (Aqualad) from Young Justice for all I care, as long as he's done right

jlOsT4v.jpg

Aquaman was cast right. Looks wise anyways. I don't think any makeup or acting from Eisenberg will bring Luthor's character to life though.

Say no to a blonde aquaman.

Update: June 19, 2014

Jason Momoa Talks About Aquaman Casting in Jimmy Kimmel

[YT]AODLJasKWGc[/YT]

Update: June 27, 2014

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis is DC's Next Animated Film

Justice-League-Throne-of-Atlantis-062714-Dragonlord.jpg

Justice League: Throne of Atlantis will be the title of the next DC Universe animated feature film released following Batman: Escape From Arkham, World's Finest has discovered. Posting box art from Escape From Arkham on their site, they noted that the special features include a sneak peek at Throne of Atlantis, an adaptation of the Geoff Johns-written, Aquaman-centric Justice League story that saw the forces of Atlantis clash with the surface world.

It's not really a surprise; theories that the film would be based on Throne of Atlantis started when Geoff Johns teased a possible Aquaman animated film on Twitter and the dial was cranked all the way up when Justice League: War featured a post-credits tag that featured Ocean Master.

While it's Aquaman-centric, being branded "Justice League" is no surprise; Warner has been fairly open about the fact that it's easier to sell Superman, Batman and Justice League-branded product than anything else in their library, so films like Flashpoint become Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox in the hopes of moving more units.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS is DC's Next Non-Batman Animated Film

Update: July 1, 2014

Jason Momoa on Playing Aquaman in BATMAN V SUPERMAN

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman-070114-Dragonlord.jpg

Even though numerous reports have indicated that Jason Momoa has been cast as Aquaman in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice, the actor is still refusing to admit that he will be playing the part. At this past weekend

Update: July 16, 2014

First Look at Aquaman in JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS

Jerry O'Connell (Jerry Maguire) joins the cast of Justice League: Throne of Atlantis as Superman, stepping in to replace Alan Tudyk from Justice League: War, while Rosario Dawson will voice Wonder Woman, replacing Michelle Monaghan, according to a cast list made available at TV Guide. Justin Kirk's Green Lantern is also out, replaced by returning DC Universe animation veteran Nathan Fillion. Sumalee Montano, who played Katana in Beware the Batman, will play Mera. Dawson previously voiced Artemis in the Wonder Woman animated movie. She has been cast in an as-yet-undisclosed role in Marvel's Daredevil. O'Connell has appeared in DC Universe animated shorts as Shazam, a role filled in Throne of Atlantis by Sean Astin. Justice League: Throne of Atlantis will be out on streaming services in early 2015.

aquaman-embed.jpg

First Look at Aquaman in Justice League: Throne of Atlantis; Voice Cast Announced

I'm pulling for a blonde Khal Drogo type Aqua Man but I doubt we'll get that.

Dragon suggested a look similar to Namor to stick it to Marvel, I could get behind that kind of middle finger to the competition.

Still tripping on gay ass Aquaman being in this lol. Probably the most out dated super power out of the more "familiar" heros

Update: August 8, 2014

Zack Snyder Calls Detroit Radio Show to Defend AQUAMAN

Zack-Snyder-Aquaman-080814-Dragonlord.jpg

A man who claimed to be director Zack Snyder called into Detroit radio station 97.1 The Ticket this morning after he heard the hosts talking about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and making fun of Aquaman. The station revealed that the caller caller dialed in from a cell phone in the Los Angeles area code, and you know what? It sounds exactly like Zack Snyder! Here’s what he had to say:

"Aquaman has some cool abilities that I think people are like, ‘Oh, what? Does he talk to animals? Because that seems like what he does. Or fish? Or whatever?’ The cool thing is, with Aquaman, his trident, and people don’t realize, that could cut the flesh of Superman if they came in contact. That’s in the canon. He’s super strong, because he can exist at these super deep depths, so when he comes up here…Not to say he’s in my movie, or anything like that, but he has the potential to be badass. That’s all I’m saying."

Aquaman will be played by Jason Momoa in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, though Warner Bros. still hasn’t officially announced the news. Click on the video below to listen to the interview. [Update: Germaine Lussier from /Film tweeted: "Guys - that was Zack Snyder on the phone. No if, ands or buts. We confirmed it through multiple sources."]

Director Zack Snyder Calls Radio Station to Defend Aquaman

Aquaman sucks, and Momoa is a one dimensional actor who will hardly win the character any fans.

Aquaman is a bum and no matter how hard Synder tries to play him up its not going to change that fact.

The fans still remember Sucker Punch, Zack. Maybe you should can it.

Aquaman was the highest selling movie of all time, played by Vinny Chase. Not sure what you guys are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back