AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone bring me a table so I can flip it. Momoa should be Lobo, he is the best possible choice. He pulls of menacing obscenely well, and would be perfect for it.

The only possible choice for Aquaman is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, better known as Jaime Lannister.

I have a feeling I can't see this movie at this point. Jebus.

Hiring a Hawaiian to play a blonde Atlantean King...Is dis real life?

WTF? Is there some information indicating that an Atlantean is blonde?

Isn't Atlantis most likely somewhere near Greece as per the lore? As that would suggest some ethnicity. Or are you referring to people from Atlanta?

Isn't Atlantis most likely somewhere near Greece as per the lore? As that would suggest some ethnicity. Or are you referring to people from Atlanta?

Or maybe he's referring to Aquaman's appearance always being of a blonde guy with an orange and green costume.

Atlantis is supposed to be in the North Atlantic Ocean.

I always assumed it was somewhere near Iceland but I don't know tbh.

Or maybe he's referring to Aquaman's appearance always being of a blonde guy with an orange and green costume.
You mean the comic book marvel imagining of how an Atlantian would look? Who gives a frick if another medium has its own view.

I hope this Matt Damon as Aquaman thing ends up being real, haha.

You mean the comic book marvel imagining of how an Atlantian would look? Who gives a frick if another medium has its own view.

Ok first of all Aquaman is DC. Second, of course DC's imagining of Aquaman is the one we expect. Aquaman has only been blonde. Why change it up now? That's why people care.

Nobody likes Aquaman, go ahead and re imagine him as Kahl Drogo

I like Aquaman. :/

What'd you guys think of that Aquaman pilot from way back when? (Wasn't that Adriane Palicki chick in it too?)

What'd you guys think of that Aquaman pilot from way back when? (Wasn't that Adriane Palicki chick in it too?)

The one that had Oliver Queen from Smallville as Aquaman? I thought it was alright for what it was, and for the time when it was filmed. They were really just trying to capitalize on those first few years of success they had on CW/WB to achieve the success they are seeing now for DC. You can watch the pilot on YouTube.

Vaguely remember it. Wasn't anything special. But infinitely better than the Justice League TV movie.

Update: May 11, 2014

Jason Momoa Laughs Off Aquaman Rumors for MAN OF STEEL 2

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman-051114-Dragonlord.jpg

Rumors have been circulating for a while now that Jason Momoa has joined the cast of Batman Vs. Superman, and hopeful geeks everywhere have hung onto the hope that he'll be playing Aquaman. Last January, Badass Digest was recently told by a trusted source that the role Momoa is up for is Aquaman, but it's essentially a cameo setting up the next movie which is said to be Justice League. Momoa's denials could just be a smokescreen intended to protect the surprise nature of the cameo, although if the films are shooting back-to-back we'll know soon enough.

Momoa was questioned at East European Comic Con about the Aquaman rumors, and he himself found them quite humorous, saying, "I know, Aquaman! I couldn't even be more random for Aquaman, you know, with the blonde hair... I don't even know where that comes from, it's like me being... uh... Robin or something. Who pulls that out? I see that on the internet and I'm like, Aquaman? A guy like... Lobo I could see." When the girl asking the questions said, "But you could make Aquaman cool," he just laughed and said, "Well thank you."

Jason Momoa Laughs Off Aquaman Rumors for Zack Snyder's BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN

Comments: Momoa is probably trying to throw people off by referring to Aquaman's blonde hair. WB could be reimagining the King of Atlantis to be more of a barbarian as what the early drafts of the Justice League script suggested.

His acting is even bad in print.
I'm now convinced he's going to be Aquaman.

Comments: Momoa is probably trying to throw people off by referring to Aquaman's blonde hair. WB could be reimagining the King of Atlantis to be more of a barbarian as what the early drafts of the Justice League script suggested.

Aquaman the Barbarian starring Jason Momoa.

I'm liking that fresh new idea.

Update: May 16, 2014

Warner Bros. Developing New 52 AQUAMAN Animated Movie

s6oemh.jpg

DC animation fans already know the studio-publisher is developing an upcoming feature film focusing on Aquaman, set in the same animated New 52-verse of 2014

Update: June 13, 2014

Jason Momoa Confirmed as Aquaman in DAWN OF JUSTICE

Jason-Momoa-Aquaman-061314-Dragonlord.jpg

So remember a few weeks ago when Jason Momoa made headlines because he said he was tired of being asked if he was going to play Aquaman in the Superman/Batman film? While Warner Bros. hasn't made that announcement officially yet, HitFix can confirm that Momoa will be playing the Aquaman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and that director Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for the character so shooting can take place soon.

At the end of the Man of Steel, Metropolis was in ruins after Superman's battle with the Kryptonians and General Zod. It's heavily rumored in the past that Lex Luthor would use the destruction as a way of making Superman look like a monster, and it sounds like that is indeed one of the major ideas that they're playing with in Dawn Of Justice.

Someone else who's not particularly happy about what happened in that film is Aquaman. It's not sure yet if that's the actual name they'll use or not, but what HitFlix is hearing is that he is not pleased about the World Engine and what it did to the Indian Ocean. He will not have a major role in the film, but he will make an appearance, and it definitely sets him up to return once Snyder gets to Justice League.

Jason Momoa Confirmed to Play Aquaman in SUPERMAN V BATMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE

If they dye his hair blonde like the photo shopped picture and keep his name as Aquaman I wouldn't mind this.

Awesome, I think he can make Aquaman cool. The pic where he i blonde that someone posted looked very Aquamanish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back