AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come Temuera Morrison got the lock on playing dads? Did nobody see ONCE WERE WARRIORS?

I did.

And it was great, in a "I'm really glad I have my own life" kind of way.

I did.

And it was great, in a "I'm really glad I have my own life" kind of way.
You've stepped on my jokes for the last time, Canadian.

100406_corrigan.gif

You've stepped on my jokes for the last time, Canadian.

USCANADA-BORDERweb_1_.jpg

100406_corrigan.gif

Stepped on? Jeez, I thought I was agreeing with you about Jake the Muss.

And Canada laughs at your border protections. The whiskey tunnels we converted to maple syrup tunnels after prohibition will continue to serve.

28jd30j.jpg

Update: February 3, 2017

Temuera Morrison to Play Aquaman's Father in AQUAMAN Movie

Temuera-Morrison-Aquaman-Dragonlord.jpg

Temuera Morrison, perhaps best known for his work playing Jango Fett in the Star Wars prequels, is in negotiations to join the cast of Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on the classic DC Entertainment underwater-breathing comic book superhero.

The cast so far includes Jason Momoa as the title character, Amber Heard as Mera, Aquaman's royal love interest, and Willem Dafoe as Aquaman’s advisor, scientist Dr. Vulko. Patrick Wilson, who starred in director James Wan’s Conjuring movies, will play Orm, a villain who happens to be Aquaman’s half-brother.

This week, offers went out to Nicole Kidman and Get Down actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and both are now in early negotiations. If deals make, Kidman would play Aquaman’s mother who hails from the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, while Abdul-Mateen will play the classic villain, Black Manta.

Morrison will play Aquaman’s human father. Wan is sitting in the director’s chair and prepping the movie for an April start in Australia.

Morrison can currently be heard (but not seen) in Disney Animation’s Moana, in which he voices Moana’s father, Chief Tui. He appeared in another DC-related movie in 2011 when he played Abin Sur in Warners’ Green Lantern. He has been a fixture in the Star Wars universe since playing Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones and has appeared and voiced various characters in movies, video games and cartoons.

'Star Wars' Actor Temuera Morrison In Talks to Join 'Aquaman' (Exclusive)
Don't know the actor, but I'm glad DC is going ruffneck for Aquaman and his dad. Growing up in the 70s I always thought Aquaman was the biggest pussy out there. lol

Update: February 3, 2017

Temuera Morrison to Play Aquaman's Father in AQUAMAN Movie

Temuera-Morrison-Aquaman-Dragonlord.jpg

Temuera Morrison, perhaps best known for his work playing Jango Fett in the Star Wars prequels, is in negotiations to join the cast of Aquaman, Warner Bros.’ big-screen take on the classic DC Entertainment underwater-breathing comic book superhero.

The cast so far includes Jason Momoa as the title character, Amber Heard as Mera, Aquaman's royal love interest, and Willem Dafoe as Aquaman’s advisor, scientist Dr. Vulko. Patrick Wilson, who starred in director James Wan’s Conjuring movies, will play Orm, a villain who happens to be Aquaman’s half-brother.

This week, offers went out to Nicole Kidman and Get Down actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and both are now in early negotiations. If deals make, Kidman would play Aquaman’s mother who hails from the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, while Abdul-Mateen will play the classic villain, Black Manta.

Morrison will play Aquaman’s human father. Wan is sitting in the director’s chair and prepping the movie for an April start in Australia.

Morrison can currently be heard (but not seen) in Disney Animation’s Moana, in which he voices Moana’s father, Chief Tui. He appeared in another DC-related movie in 2011 when he played Abin Sur in Warners’ Green Lantern. He has been a fixture in the Star Wars universe since playing Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones and has appeared and voiced various characters in movies, video games and cartoons.

'Star Wars' Actor Temuera Morrison In Talks to Join 'Aquaman' (Exclusive)

Still better than Manti Te'o or David Tua as I have mentioned, but still, this interracial, multicultural, SJW crap is getting out of hand. Momoa never should have been casted as Aquaman. He looks nothing like him.

Hollywood is going to ruin comic books the same way they helped ruin SNL. Take a shitty character that people could probably only tolerate for 5-10 minutes at a time, then shove a full hour and a half, 2 hours of that character down their throats until they kill it completely. It's going to get old.

"Hey, Blues Brothers gives the lols! Let's give it a full length feature!"

And it worked, barely. So then they took everything else. It's Pat, Superstar, Wayne's World, Ladies' Man and more...all of which were average at best, downright abysmal at worst.

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Captain America - these guys don't need their own drawn out features, and throwing all the superheroes into one movie is way too much (X-Men, anyone?)

They need to do superheroes Gotham/Daredevil style from now on. Half hour, hour tops. These heroes are not interesting enough to carry feature films.
That's totally backwards. A season of tv is much more drawn out than a movie. You say Captain America doesn't need a 2 hour movie, yet Daredevil needs a 8 hour season?

That's totally backwards. A season of tv is much more drawn out than a movie. You say Captain America doesn't need a 2 hour movie, yet Daredevil needs a 8 hour season?

No it's not. They can bring other characters in or take their time telling the story instead of throwing as much shit as they can into a two hour feature and saturating it with over the top action. X3 for example. That movie completely lost focus because it tried to do to much. With a series/miniseries they have much more room to explore.

Still better than Manti Te'o or David Tua as I have mentioned, but still, this interracial, multicultural, SJW crap is getting out of hand. Momoa never should have been casted as Aquaman. He looks nothing like him.
they did that to try and block Marvel's Submariner.

the traditional more wimpy looking Aquaman would have left lots of room for a more macho SubMariner. Now the parallels may well prevent that project ever launching.

they did that to try and block Marvel's Submariner.

the traditional more wimpy looking Aquaman would have left lots of room for a more macho SubMariner. Now the parallels may well prevent that project ever launching.

What is the more traditional Aquaman though? I only remember the buff blonde Aquaman, or the buff blonde AQM with the beard, and a hook for a hand.

What is the more traditional Aquaman though? I only remember the buff blonde Aquaman, or the buff blonde AQM with the beard, and a hook for a hand.
This is the gay Aquaman.

44d66ed0cfc650780713d8fdb58f5354.jpg

This is the less gay, but still gay Aquaman.

3405532.jpg

Give this to me. I would make Aquaman a man for sure wait that came out wrong.

Update: March 1, 2017

New Test Footage of Aquaman Swimming Underwater, Possible First Look at Orm

Zack Snyder shares through his Vero account a new test footage from Justice League of Jason Momoa's Aquaman swimming underwater. Aquaman approaches another sea dweller, possibly Orm a.k.a. Ocean Master (Patrick Wilson).

aqua-gif-1.gif

orm-aquaman-jl-235592.png

Movie got pushed back again, gonna go head to head with Miles Morales in December now.

I have a feeling this movie is going to do really bad. That could just be my distaste for Aquaman but I don't will see.

Update: March 16, 2017

AQUAMAN Release Pushed Back Two Months to December 21, 2018

Aquaman will be swimming into theaters a little later than originally planned. The DC/Warner Bros. film is moving from Oct. 5, 2018 to the middle of holiday season, Dec. 21, 2018. It will open in 3D.

Aquaman is moving into a slot that is currently still occupied by an untitled Fox film from James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment that was presumably being held for Avatar 2, however that film has not yet been given an official release date. Last week, Cameron said Avatar 2 would no longer be released in 2018 as expected.

Dec. 21, 2018 could now be the site of a DC vs. Marvel showdown. Sony Animation's Spider-Man movie, starring the character Miles Morales, is also set for that date.

Jason Momoa is playing the hero in Aquaman, with James Wan directing. Amber Heard is also starring as Mera, Aquaman's royal love interest, and Willem Dafoe is playing Aquaman’s advisor, scientist Dr. Vulko. Patrick Wilson will play Orm, a villain who is also Aquaman’s half-brother.

'Aquaman' Relocates to 'Avatar 2' Release Date in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back