AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope this is not the Conan remake underwater.

Depends on which Conan you're talking about.

That said, who would have guessed fish guy starring Khal Drogo could possibly be the second non-sucky DC movie?

Has anyone here seen Justice League? Havent gotten around to it but curious as to what people thought of Aquaman in it

Has anyone here seen Justice League? Havent gotten around to it but curious as to what people thought of Aquaman in it
Looked like somebody who was acting very hard. I would probably laugh in real life. But was visually aesthetic, fitting etc. Outalphas Batman, that says a lot.

He is far more Namor than traditional justice league AquaMan and I think that was very purposeful to try and make it hard for Marvel to distinguish Namor if they try to do him.

But then how they explain the relationship between Mera and AQM in Justice League? They seemed like brother and sister. And if Mera is from another undersea Kingdom why she at Atlantis guarding the mother box when Steppenwolf come?

But then how they explain the relationship between Mera and AQM in Justice League? They seemed like brother and sister. And if Mera is from another undersea Kingdom why she at Atlantis guarding the mother box when Steppenwolf come?
I was wondering the same thing bro.

I legit thought this movie had been scrapped.

Had no idea Lundgren or Patrick Wilson were in this. Fan of both so that's cool news.

I legit thought this movie had been scrapped.

It was pretty much already filmed before Justice League . Principal Filming wrapped up about a Month Before Justice League Failed so DC pretty much has release this to save face and start over for the most part . Especially with Marvel already killing it this year ( They still have Infinity War and Antman and Wasp later on) this looks like the DCEUs last film before they start over.

It was pretty much already filmed before Justice League . Principal Filming wrapped up about a Month Before Justice League Failed so DC pretty much has release this to save face and start over for the most part . Especially with Marvel already killing it this year ( They still have Infinity War and Antman and Wasp later on) this looks like the DCEUs last film before they start over.
I believe they will still do Wonder Woman 2.
I'm still surprised they haven't canned flashpoint at this point...but it is possibly the best way to reboot.

Yeah, I didnt keep up on it. I honestly though Wan had exited the film as director.

I'm still surprised they haven't canned flashpoint at this point...but it is possibly the best way to reboot.

Theyd be stupid not to, I think. Their one bona fide smash hit across the board cant be abandoned.

He is far more Namor than traditional justice league AquaMan and I think that was very purposeful to try and make it hard for Marvel to distinguish Namor if they try to do him.

Other than Momoa's complexion being closer in appearance to Namor than the classic blond haired blue eyed version of Aquaman, I don't see any other similarities.

I say they soft reboot with a flashpoint movie but she'll just be the same, maybe the reveal of her also being alternate timeline Wonder Woman will be played for a quick laugh.

Except I don't like that Flash either, so maybe they fiddle with Flashpoint where he somehow sends her back instead, like he can run fast enough to rip space time and create a portal, but cant go in it while also keeping it open or something

Update: March 23, 2018

Rumor: AQUAMAN's First Test Screenings May Not Have Gone Particularly Well

Earlier this week, fans were surprised when Warner Bros. announced a Shazam Q&A and unveiled the movie's official logo despite the fact Aquaman is supposed to be released long before it this December. Unfortunately, it's now being reported that the upcoming DC Comics adaptation hasn't been faring particularly well during test screenings (luckily, it doesn't sound like the movie is beyond repair).

There aren't any specifics here but it is noted that some people have actually had good things to say about Aquaman so it's far from doomed and there's plenty of time to go until it's released, giving Warner Bros. ample opportunities to fix any issues which may have arisen from those screenings.

It's also mentioned in the video below that Aquaman was developed at a time when different people were in charge of the DC Films division, hence why the marketing and promotional campaign is playing out in a certain way. The question is, will Aquaman be more like Wonder Woman than Justice League and is James Wan going to be enough to keep the project on the right path? It seems time will tell...

Rumor: The First Test Screenings For AQUAMAN May Not Have Gone Particularly Well

I don't think anyone is surprised by this. I've honestly never been a fan of Aquaman. Wish they'd try Green lantern again. He is by far one of the best and most interesting Super Hero's DC has.

I don't think anyone is surprised by this. I've honestly never been a fan of Aquaman. Wish they'd try Green lantern again. He is by far one of the best and most interesting Super Hero's DC has.
I like Momoa so I feel like he might be able to make me interested in an Aquaman movie.

But I like the GL story so whoever they cast as Hal Jordan or John Stewart is almost secondary as long as the script is on point.

I thought the underwater scenes in justice league were pretty cool and I look forward to this, hopefully theres a good villain. Wan saved F&F, Maybe he can do it here. I want WB to have another hit so people might think for themselves rather than hate everything DC does cause its cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back