AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: June 14, 2014

Jason Momoa Teases Aquaman Reference in New Instagram Photo

Jason Momoa: "Stella, Diablo, and me. Grandpa diablo's pitchfork and my first guitar Stella a 41 national"

28ku1z6.jpg

If they go with the Polynesian Warrior look for Aquaman , I would be down

LAME. Aquaman is blonde and blue eyed. What's next, Chinese Daredevil?

1923730-aquaman_01_04.jpg

Any good Aquaman comics for someone who doesn't know anything about him? Preferably something new

Couldn't they get Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans to do Aquaman instead? Or are they tied down to Marvel studios :icon_neut?

Not trying to cause up a racial shitstorm, but why Studios always have the need to change the ethnicity of characters :icon_neut? What's wrong with they way were. Seems more racist to me that they change it.

Any good Aquaman comics for someone who doesn't know anything about him? Preferably something new
If you want something more recent, the New 52 Aquaman is a good place to start.

"The relaunched series cements Aquaman's status as the half-human son of Tom Curry and Atlanna, and sees him return to Amnesty Bay along with Mera. Greatly distressed by the harsh treatment given to the oceans during his time as ruler of Atlantis, Aquaman decides to abdicate the Atlantean throne and return to full-time heroics. However, he now struggles with his lack of reputation with the greater public, which views him as a lesser metahuman with less impressive powers than those of his peers."

aquaman-3-cover.png

But if you want the best Aquaman stories, go for Peter David's popular run, Vol. 5 issue 1 to 46.

Aquaman_Vol_5_4.jpg

"Writer Peter David began by giving Aquaman an entirely new look, forsaking his former clean-cut appearance. Following his discoveries reading the Atlantis Chronicles during the Time and Tide series, Aquaman withdraws from the world for a time. Garth finds him weeks later, with his hair and beard grown long, brooding in his cave. Soon after (vol. 5, #2, Sept. 1994), Aquaman loses his left hand when the madman Charybdis steals his ability to communicate with sea life and sticks Arthur's hand into a piranha-infested pool. This causes Aquaman to become somewhat unhinged, and he begins having prophetic dreams, and then, in need of a "symbol", attaches a harpoon spearhead to his left arm in place of his missing hand. His classic orange shirt is shredded in a battle with Lobo (#4), and rather than replace it he goes shirtless for a while before donning a gladiatorial manica (#5). After the destruction of the harpoon (#8), Aquaman has it replaced with a cybernetic prosthetic from S.T.A.R. Labs (#9). This new harpoon has a retractable reel that he can fully control."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman#New_direction

Couldn't they get Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans to do Aquaman instead? Or are they tied down to Marvel studios :icon_neut?
There are dozens of blonde actors to choose from besides Hemsworth and Evans.

Not trying to cause up a racial shitstorm, but why Studios always have the need to change the ethnicity of characters :icon_neut? What's wrong with they way were. Seems more racist to me that they change it.

Back when most of these characters were created, the racial climate in America was much different and the only minority heros were caricatures. I'm more concerned about studios finding actors who fit the ethos of a character than maintaining his/her race. For example, Larry Fishburn as Perry White in MoS.

I hope AM is more like Namor. I was hoping Mamoa would play Namor :/

When I saw that he was playing Aquaman, I thought to myself, "He's making up for the mistake (IMO) of not playing Drax big time, He'll be perfect for this."....then I realized I was thinking of Namor.

Lol no we have to listen to 'ahhh aquaman is a blonde hair blue eye good guy why can't they stick to canon waaaaah boooooo hisssss they're ruining my life.'

I hope they make Lobo an Eskimo.

I have a feeling he'll just be referred to as Arthur.

I personally hope he doesn't debut until Justice League. BvS is crazy crowded right now

LAME. Aquaman is blonde and blue eyed. What's next, Chinese Daredevil?

1923730-aquaman_01_04.jpg

All they have to do is dye his hair. You guys are serious whiners. Aquaman been the joke to our media for years. We need a rugged looking actor to change that false pre conceive notion of him being useless.

[YT]eDCUmDhABRg[/YT]

All they have to do is dye his hair. You guys are serious whiners. Aquaman been the joke to our media for years. We need a rugged looking actor to change that false pre conceive notion of him being useless.

Fake blonde hair and blue eyed contacts doesn't do shit. Mamoa still has an overly dark complexion.

Aquaman is bigger and more jacked than Superman and Batman.
Wonder Woman who's almost as strong as Superman is a 100 lb. model.

Snyder's casting continues to confuse me.

The New 52 Aquaman is one of my favourite characters. I hope that Zack Snyder will use him as an inspiration for Momoa's Aquaman.
2130743-aquaman1jl4.jpg

2023505-giantpowers.jpg

Aquaman1_0.jpg

That surprises me. New 52 Aquaman isn't the series people usually bring up out of The New 52.

That surprises me. New 52 Aquaman isn't the series people usually bring up out of The New 52.
New 52 Aquaman is one of the good titles among the reboot but it loses its way when it introduces The Others storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back